Feedback LIVE! At PAX East 2011 With Ken Levine

Posted: March 16, 2011
Feedback LIVE! At PAX East 2011 With Ken Levine
In this special edition of Feedback, Adam Sessler and the Feedback crew were at PAX East to give PAX attendees a live version of Feedback with guest star Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games. If you have an hour to spend, why not spend it with us?

• candle

thanks for answering my question about obscure games, guys. I learned about a lot of azwesome games I've never heard of before. However, I'm kinda sad none of you mention my fav. obscure game, Age of Wonders. It came out in '98 I think, and was co-developed by Epic Games and Triumph Studios, while being published by Gathering of Developers.

It was a turn-based strategy game with some heavy rpg elements and a hex-based grid. It was set in a tolkein-esk fantasy world, and allowed for 12 different races to play with with 2 campaigns(one good, one evil). it was a lot of fun, and i still play it fairly often.

Posted: March 24, 2011 7:48 AM
    candle
  • Trunks10

it was so worth going to this I mean wait for it was worth it wish I did more at pax but thats how I always feel

Posted: March 22, 2011 1:09 PM
  • kj styles

Don't totally praise EA sports and spit on activision. Abot 3 years ago EA sports stoped the nascar franchise they did year after year and well they really dropped the ball. With Activision now picking up that ball and running with it they made the new nascar game and if guitar hero goes away because of it, I don't really mind.

Posted: March 20, 2011 3:14 PM
  • sixstringmonk

I had a small geek-gasm when Kevin mentioned the Alternate Reality series. Kevin, if you didn't know, there is a remake project underway: http://www.crpgdev.com/

Posted: March 19, 2011 11:55 AM
    sixstringmonk
  • crocodilius

lol@the guy who wants to see dana; all she does is talk about her vagina.
    if that gets you off more power to you, but it confuses alot of us...

Posted: March 18, 2011 6:04 PM
    crocodilius
  • cardinalsfan1122

Great feedback but when you guys get back you NEED to talk about Homefront! It is a great game that really deserves a sequel use your powers to get it to sell!

Posted: March 18, 2011 10:37 AM
    cardinalsfan1122
  • AdamsRecedingHairline

Im sure that Nicole is a very intelligent young woman who does a great job for G4. However she is just not good on feedback. Please bring Dana back! Atleast she would mix it up, and always had something interesting to say. Besides, its not like she was bad to look at either.

Posted: March 18, 2011 1:51 AM
    AdamsRecedingHairline
  • Shotenzenji

Now I can stop wondering why Abbie Heppie hasn't been on the site in a while.

Posted: March 17, 2011 6:36 PM
    Shotenzenji
  • rikkuster

Awesome Feedback as usual. There sure are a lot of gaming conferences these days. I don't remember there being as many back in the early days of X-play. Then again they probably didn't cover them since it wasn't as big a show as it is now.

Posted: March 17, 2011 5:40 PM
    rikkuster
  • jordanrhea

Being the DM of your own game: Dungeon Master-bating.

Posted: March 17, 2011 1:35 PM
    jordanrhea
  • cardinalsfan1122

Hey they actually addressed Abbie's departure! But good feedback Ken Levine was awesome.

Posted: March 17, 2011 12:01 PM
    cardinalsfan1122
  • DikDik_Swish

As far as obscure gaming obsessions, we used to play this game called "Fur Trapper" on our old TRS-80 computers back in elementary school ... simple but engrossing all the same.

Posted: March 17, 2011 6:05 AM
    DikDik_Swish
  • Jackal91

Seriously?

Posted: March 17, 2011 12:27 AM
    Jackal91
  • Jackal91

Wow, no mention of Guild Wars 2...

What the hell are they doing at PAX if they cant even recognize the best games?

Posted: March 17, 2011 12:26 AM
    Jackal91
  • Jackal91

Wow, no mention of GW2. What the hell are they doing there if they cant even recognize the best games?

Posted: March 17, 2011 12:23 AM
    Jackal91
  • ((GLADOS))

43:06 Scurry elbow!!!

Posted: March 16, 2011 11:16 PM
    ((GLADOS))
  • Vancoor

Abbie we miss you!

Posted: March 16, 2011 9:38 PM
    Vancoor
  • expl0siv0

I don't know why I'm even commenting on this as I'm not a PC gamer and every time I do I just get sadder and sadder because I can't play SWTOR but with the release window of The Old Republic being simply 2011 you have to assume that it will be fall, meaning it will be competing with not only the incredibly loaded September thru November but with Bioware's other ballnormous RPG, Mass Effect 3. If I were a PC gamer I would be very conflicted as to which I should pick up and I'm no economist but I don't think that that is what EA wants. However I also don't want the PC gamers that can actually play SWTOR to wait any longer because I feel their pain.

Posted: March 16, 2011 8:49 PM
    expl0siv0
  • ABaconBusAflame

I nearly peed my pants when Abbie asked about Kingdom Hearts 3. Dammit, woman. You are dearly missed.

Posted: March 16, 2011 8:46 PM
    ABaconBusAflame
  • theantigzus

that was good but best part was the Heppe showing up :)

Posted: March 16, 2011 8:01 PM