Resistance 3 Multiplayer Gameplay GDC 2011 Video

Posted: March 2, 2011
Resistance 3 Multiplayer Gameplay GDC 2011 Video
Craving alien multiplayer havoc? Check out the Resistance 3 multiplayer gameplay video to satisfy your online multiplayer hunger.

• doinyomama

It looks alright. It's better than Resistance 2 multyplayer which I hated but I loved the large scale battles. I looks like it takes a while to kill other players though. i can't wait to get it!

Posted: March 4, 2011 2:28 PM
    doinyomama
  • ifenderbender

Not impressed :( Game looks boring and very slow paced. Looks just like R2 which is not a good thing. Rfom was a beast game and this looks nothing like it unfortunately. Invisibility? Killstreaks? Shields? NO THANKS!!! Bring back the original Resistance please!!

Posted: March 4, 2011 10:01 AM
    ifenderbender
  • hoof_hearted4

dont care for the kill streak rewards, plus they seem to last too long,

but i wont be getting R3 for its competitive MP, ill be sticking to coop like i did with R2. maybe dabble in competitive. i think i had like 500k points in competitive as opposed to 8 million in coop.

Posted: March 3, 2011 9:43 PM
    hoof_hearted4
  • cj22hshots

seems like they are copying from halo just saying cod and halo conbined this cant be any good comeup with ur own people.

Posted: March 3, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Masman95

Not impressed yet

Posted: March 3, 2011 8:29 PM
    Masman95
  • voodooray

This looks soooo bad! Why haven't the idiots who've developed this listened to the resistance fans?! Resistance fom multiplayer was just sooo good! Why mess with it? R2 was a multiplayer flop because the developers ripped the heart and soul out of the first game.

Posted: March 3, 2011 4:21 PM
  • TD_ThA_MoNsTa

It's impressive, but not very. Hope you can wield more than just 2 weapons. I mean the weapon wheel's there for that, let us gamers take advantage of it already!!! The map did seem small, but none the less, an impressive set piece. I was expecting something a little different from them, instead of this becoming COD with aliens, and some different weapons (though I gotta admit, the idea of an alien with a shotgun is kinda funny). Hopefully, they do something different with perks at least, as well as more varied types of maps, to try and differentiate this from other shooters COUGH...Call of Duty...COUGH.

Posted: March 3, 2011 1:52 PM
    TD_ThA_MoNsTa
  • BONERJAM

It looks pretty good but I'm far more interesting in the campaign.

Posted: March 3, 2011 10:18 AM
    BONERJAM
  • blog.fps3.com

Only 16 players! That implies small maps, which might make players tire of the game more quickly.

Posted: March 3, 2011 9:24 AM
    blog.fps3.com
  • Gamemaster95

The people on fire made me laugh, it seemed like it lasted forever.

Posted: March 3, 2011 9:18 AM
    Gamemaster95
  • the_sparrow666

super meh after watching that. i guess i was hoping for something a little more original. idk even the all around aesthetic is kind of worn out. maybe the battlefield trailer just ruined every other game for me

Posted: March 3, 2011 8:57 AM
    the_sparrow666
  • JustTheBeginning

So disappointed, pretty much me and every Resistance Fall of Man fan has been stabbed in the back from this. Just go on Insomniac's R3 board, its a warzone of hate going on over there. But Insomniac brought this on themselves but boy and I disappointed this them.

We wanted Resistance 3, not Call of Resistance!!

Posted: March 3, 2011 7:33 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • randallmcginness

They took out getting points for just shooting people? That sucks. That was one of my favorite parts about Resistance 2's multiplayer.

It's kind of sad to see every multiplayer game going the way of COD. Yes, it is the most successful multiplaying fps out right now but that doesn't mean you need to copy it - not saying Insomniac completely copied it, i'm sure there's will still be solid.

Posted: March 2, 2011 10:28 PM
    randallmcginness
  • RickyRevolver

The game looks great, but I hope this game doesn't have killstreaks and/or perks.

Gone are the old days where there were no such thing as killstreaks and/or perks, I guess Call of Duty is like a disease, an STD!!!

Why can't games this days play like Rainbow Six Vegas, where there were no killstreaks and/or perks??? where they let you customize your SP/MP Character, WHY!?

Posted: March 2, 2011 9:31 PM
    RickyRevolver
  • callofdutycrewmember

i loved both of the resistance games and this one looks even better sad that nathan had to die he was a solid character who developed pretty well through both games. I remember when i first got the ps3 and I was hung up on a game to get and i decided with Resistance it in mi opinion was the best launch title on the playstation it mixed a bit of horror (that part where youre in the mist and you here the howl and u fight the beasts scared the crap out of me!)a bit of strategy and a bit of shooting with new types of enemies insane weapons (some of which u couldnt get till your 2nd playthrough)and a likeable character. Resistance was a shooter that stood out and I believe Insomniac is an amazing developer for doing so keep up the good work guys!

Posted: March 2, 2011 8:18 PM
    callofdutycrewmember
  • relentless36

ehh, doesnt really "wow" me. looks like every other multiplayer out now...resistance is all about the single player though. i'll have battlefield 3 for my multiplayer fix!

Posted: March 2, 2011 7:48 PM
    relentless36
  • dizpenzerdown24

From the looks of it, it looks like insomniac are listening to there fans and bringing the resistance series back to its roots, i really liked how RFOM felt more like an old school shooter with its weapon wheel and the memorable weapons made it more fun, R2 was ok but inferior to the RFOM cause the weapon swapping system and regenerating health just made it seem like another COD game,but i am glad Insomniac have listened to the feedback from their fans and brought it back to the old school style that made it stand out from the COD's.

Posted: March 2, 2011 7:32 PM
    dizpenzerdown24
  • SquallLionhart25

looks like they ripped of both black ops and halo reach to make a hybrid fps. looks pretty fun tho

Posted: March 2, 2011 7:04 PM
  • MasterNoble6

This will be my favorite game.

Posted: March 2, 2011 7:02 PM
    MasterNoble6
  • RedSigma677

Resistance 3 multiplayer looks even better then R2, I only hope that they bring back character customization with more aesthetics

Posted: March 2, 2011 7:00 PM