Dragon Age 2 Demo Gameplay Video

Posted: February 22, 2011
Dragon Age 2 Demo Gameplay Video
The entire world stands on the brink of war and you are the one person at the center of it all, but if you don't have a gold account on Xbox Live then you can't play Dragon Age 2. Check out the first 15 minutes of gameplay for Dragon Age 2 demo.

• suicidexsamurai

whats the point of changing the sex of the characters sibling? are you gonna have sex with them or something? lol

Posted: February 26, 2011 7:08 PM
    suicidexsamurai
  • BoydofZINJ

So... um... Fantasy version of DCUO with elements of Dragon Age ?

Posted: February 23, 2011 9:05 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • iggyman91

I just got done playing the demo... and HOLY... This game is freaking amazing. So much more fluid then origins gameplay. Can't wait to see how the story line turns out and the effects of what I did in origins to this game.

Posted: February 23, 2011 2:10 PM
    iggyman91
  • VII

Why is no one stating the obvious? That this game, in terms of graphics, storytelling, artistic style, and overall gameplay, is nearly a generation behind other games, just like its predecessor. I think I'll save my money for a real Bioware RPG, like The Old Republic. Or better yet, a Bethesda RPG, like Skyrim. And yes, I'm aware that The Old Republic is an MMORPG, but guaranteed, if the RPG portion of TOR were a standalone experience, it would still be ten times better than this nonsense.

Posted: February 23, 2011 11:01 AM
    VII
  • sidman

I enjoyed the Demo, looking forward to the game. The only thing i didn't like was last line of conversation didn't appear on screen kind of had to guess at response sometimes. Flemeths make over was amazing!

Posted: February 23, 2011 11:01 AM
    sidman
  • Zauberine

I really like what they did with the combat for the second game. It feels more responsive which, as a console gamer, I find very refreshing. The only thing that bugs me is that they don't give console gamers the ability to use a top down perspective at all. It doesn't work on the console, and I would never use it, but I'm tired of people watching a video of the console demo and going "Oh gee, they ruined it and made it a hack'n'slash."

No, they didn't make it a hack and slash, all they did was change the delay between choosing an enemy to attack and your character to actually start attacking. You still can pause and give orders, you can still do all the stuff from DA:O that you love. I would say that if it bugs you that much just play it on the PC (which, if I understand it, DOES have a top down 'Baulder's Gate' style of gameplay) but I don't think it's realistic to assume that a console gamer has or can get a high powered PC at a moment's notice.

If you play it on the console, be prepared for camera and controls that are optimized for a console.

Posted: February 23, 2011 10:49 AM
    Zauberine
  • BONERJAM

I played the demo breifly last night. I never played the original so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was hoping this would give me a good idea of what the original was like in case I wanted to pick it up. I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed by the demo but I wasn't disappointed either, I think I'll give it another try tonight(actually play through the whole demo) and make a decision afterward.

Posted: February 23, 2011 10:05 AM
    BONERJAM
  • camaro72toy

Another game for the newbees. You can't even see what you're fighting most of the time, ah, just as bland and lifeless as the first game. If you are looking for a mature game that lasts 100's of hours, try Two Worlds Two instead. Warning, that game is for hardcore players, unlike this kiddie game.

Posted: February 23, 2011 9:46 AM
    camaro72toy
  • kentla57

Is it better than the first one?

Graphics are better.
    Battles are same. I watched my partners in crime just stand there.
    Leveling up stinks now. (the choices are not accessible like last game.
    Babes are more well lets say well built.

I would have to say until the real game is out this question of is it better than Origins is mute.

Posted: February 23, 2011 8:25 AM
    kentla57
  • Slymoose

I really don't no why people enjoy these games so much the first one was and RPG ill give it that but if the demo for the 2nd one is anything like the actual game then its just going to be a horrid hack and slash with slow downs every 10 secs and bad bad bad voice acting along with a pretty cheesy story.( id say the visuals are crap to but I no they are better then the first and I really could care less with how a game looks as long as its a good game). I'm not trying to piss everyone off or anything I just can't believe that people like these games so much when it feels like its half done. I almost couldn't get threw the demo. I really wish I could love this game like everyone else and I'm sure ill give it a few more trys to make sure but I can't be the only one out there that feels this way.

Posted: February 23, 2011 7:16 AM
    Slymoose
  • BigPoppaChunk

this game is truly no longer the succesor to baldurs gate it is a hack and slash rpg.

case in point i played the crap out of dao hundreds of hours all dlc multiple times , a friend says you play that game alot how is it , i say my favorite game to date! but it's not for casual rpgers.

so he buys it plays thru as a warrior and whined and bitched about how hard and lack of tutorials. basically he hated it.

yesterday this same fool texts me and says omg the doa2 demo is AWESOME they fixed all the flaws and i commented no they nerfed it to the casual market like me2 and he replies i liked me2 better then me .

i think that is enough said!

Posted: February 23, 2011 6:57 AM
    BigPoppaChunk
  • kentla57

rafadiii ps3 has its download out now.

Posted: February 23, 2011 6:50 AM
    kentla57
  • I'm_super_thanks_for_asking

It's quite a bit fast paced, although you can still pause and tactically issue commands to your team.
    The game allows for itself to be played as an action rpg or as a regular rpg and both work...it just depends on how you want to play the game. Bioware wanted to make this an rpg that even people who wouldn't normally play an rpg can get into.
    The classes feel a lot more balanced as the rogue and the warrior are not....useless, and the mage doesn't feel too over-powered, seeing as though the mage will die a lot faster than in DA:O and the attacks bring more attention to yourself, thus losing health faster.
    To balance the classes, they've created more of a distinction of classes and thus, the warrior is slower, yet more powerful and can take more damage. The rogue is faster, weaker, but can still take a decent amount of damage. The mage is average speed, does the same damage than the warrior (for the spells only, but they're normal attacks are weaker), but can't take as much damage as the rogue
    The ability menu isn't necessarily more complex, it's just not absolutely linear and is more like a web.
    Very excited for this game, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. SO glad I pre-ordered it!!

Posted: February 23, 2011 2:02 AM
    I'm_super_thanks_for_asking
  • hoof_hearted4

i have to say i liked how the darkspawn looked in DAO over what they look like here. also while i always hate how ppl criticize G4 for being an xbox fansite, but this just reinforces it. playing DA2 on the xbox lol. its a PC game and should have been previewed as such. on top of that, xbox got the worst reviews for DAO, so youd think they would try it on another system (again PC is the obvious choice) im starting to realize just how favored the xbox is for G4. pitty,

ill be trying the demo myself in the morning (its 1am here right now) and im sure ill love the game, i already have it and the guide pre ordered. though from the combat ive seen, i kinda like DAO better, but thats a biased opinion since i havent even played DA2 yet.

Posted: February 22, 2011 10:03 PM
    hoof_hearted4
  • Jfuffy

I think its rather neat that they tied Dragon Age 2's story into the story of the original story Dragon Age story instead of creating a whole new story but I am worried that the somehow Bioware may make a point in the story conflict with the original story and someone would have to go Red Shirt Guy on Bioware. But I do see a ton of possibilities on how if you are able to import your DA1 save into DA2 you can have a lot of content mixed into make a delicious DA stew!

Posted: February 22, 2011 9:09 PM
    Jfuffy
  • Boogie1188

I played the demo at Comic Con last year and I have to say, the game was this polished last summer as it is right now. The cinematics then were all art and not in-game engine but the feel and controls and look were just the same.

Posted: February 22, 2011 8:45 PM
    Boogie1188
  • RPG-fan

Played the demo and the game been consolized. I hope Bioware does some changes to make it feel more like the original Dragon Age than Mass Effect with swords like implement top-down view, friendly fire occurs on Normal difficulty not just Nightmare difficulty, lessen the flips that rogue do, etc. Please Bioware, think of us long-time fans who played your games since the first Baldur's Gate and stop catering to the console people who like their games dumbed down.

Posted: February 22, 2011 8:44 PM
    RPG-fan
  • rayken15

Yup. Looks like the fact that they sold out and made it easy for casual audiences will help their sales.

Posted: February 22, 2011 8:24 PM
    rayken15
  • kungfuj0

Yep. I'm in!

Posted: February 22, 2011 8:17 PM
    kungfuj0
  • Jackal904

The combat in DA2 is so much fun. A hundred times better than in DA:O. Also, I love how my character actually speaks now. I wasn't a fan of the silent hero. Graphics are a lot better, menus are waaay better, and it's simply a huge improvement all around from DA:O.

Posted: February 22, 2011 7:47 PM