Feedback -- Will Wright, Creator of Bar Karma

Posted: February 9, 2011
Feedback -- Will Wright, Creator of Bar Karma
In this edition of Feedback, special guest Will Wright, creator of Spore, joins Adam Sessler, Kevin Kelly, and Matt Keil to talk about his creative TV show called Bar Karma. Find out what Bar Karma is about and learn how you can create your own TV show.

• Lawrence123

hello

Posted: February 13, 2011 4:16 PM
    Lawrence123
  • G4Punisher1

so whats the over under on how quick this gets cancelled? And on a side note shows like this have been tried before. And they always fail. Getting random idiots to come up with ideas will not make it better.

Posted: February 13, 2011 6:14 AM
  • stevecrane

i canot believe what i saw on the show cops shots fired. you showed people being shot and killed. this is the worst thing i have ever seen on tv. Is this what you call entertainment? I have never be so outraged at anything as i was at this. If this is not against the law it should be. HOW DARE YOU, that you would put this on. SHAME ON YOU. What kind of people are you? I have to wonder. I will never watch your station again. I have contacted dish network about this show & am checking into charges against you. I believe in freedom of speach, but THIS IS TO FAR. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: February 12, 2011 12:32 PM
    stevecrane
  • habahnow

i feel that this was not so much of a great episode since it was heavily based on that show, Bar Karma. i understand the reasoning of interviewing Will Wright, since he is a pioneer of a whole videogame genre, but too much on television made this episode rather boring for me. Towards the end of Feedback, it does get more interesting.

Posted: February 12, 2011 10:01 AM
    habahnow
  • SirPukey

Just letting everyone know you should watch Bar Karma it is one of my Favorites right now good job on the show Will Wright
    Love this show watch it

Posted: February 12, 2011 4:04 AM
    SirPukey
  • Midnight67

Yeah, Abby and klepek made this show awesome G4 needs to bring new life to xplay. Morgan doesn't even mean anything since her "appearance" on tyra. Is it a change in the industry too?

Posted: February 11, 2011 2:23 PM
    Midnight67
  • Thogin

Sims wasn't really a game, it was a sim.... lol and that sims brought a lot of people that didn't play games into the gaming community which I dig.

So for spores... well it was a little over hype if it wasn't I believe it would have been a better game...

OO, over hype and over protected on the install and stuff protection.... I guess all the protection was kinda pointless when no one wanted to play it after 2 months...

But hey, the guy got ideas....

Posted: February 11, 2011 7:29 AM
    Thogin
  • Lathander81

No T's on a bridge?

Posted: February 10, 2011 8:42 PM
    Lathander81
  • Xemnas_I

This was actually a boring show.

Posted: February 10, 2011 11:52 AM
    Xemnas_I
  • Lawrence123

I wait seven days for my Feedback only to get a 30 minute ad for a tv show that has nothing to do with gaming, (don't spend the money all in one place) . Oh yes and Will Wright's games suck and I don't apologize for that . He is the one that needs to say sorry for games like Sims and Spore

Posted: February 10, 2011 8:32 AM
    Lawrence123
  • McBeesj

Kevin Kelly and Matt Kiel need to join Adam as permanent weekly seats on Feedback they are essentials!!!!!!

Posted: February 10, 2011 7:15 AM
    McBeesj
  • eelric64

This had to be the worst Feedback ever. i could only listen to four minutes of the show and had to turn it off.

Posted: February 10, 2011 6:58 AM
    eelric64
  • jaxguy987

This was the most boring feedback ever. Talking about an online web show? No talk at all about video games?!?!? This wasn't feedback, it was an interview of Will Wright. Please don't ever do this again.

Posted: February 10, 2011 6:34 AM
    jaxguy987
  • ninenightmares

wow loved the show little short really but still Will Wright wow game living legend.

Posted: February 10, 2011 5:33 AM
    ninenightmares
  • denial19

god will wright is an amazing person... i forgot how awesome he was...

Posted: February 10, 2011 12:00 AM
    denial19
  • expl0siv0

Adam's in a movie?! I am seeing the hell out of that!

Posted: February 9, 2011 10:57 PM
    expl0siv0
  • Socrates'sMind

A Great episode. It was cool to have Mr. Wright on the show and hear stuff about his new ideas and things from the past.

Posted: February 9, 2011 10:21 PM
    Socrates'sMind
  • playsbydesign

That was an interesting concept for a television show, however, I'm not sure it will see much success regardless of quality.

He mentioned that the premise of the show was inspired by user generated content but the two mediums of games and television work differently. When a person playing a game creates their own content they have the satisfaction of not only seeing their finished work in the game itself but the ability for others to instantly enjoy their creation. Even if the ideas are not the greatest or not enjoyed by others that person still has the pleasure of enjoying their own content. This isn't the case with television or the processes of the show Bar Karma.
    Will Wright is suggesting that the show be based on the concepts and stories of watchers of the show. The person submitting the stories and ideas may never see their ideas take fruition, or possibly contradicted by a different individuals concepts and ideas. I'm not entirely sure the processes though I can imagine all ideas and stories are filtered for content and morality based on the network that is fitting the bill. Ideas will be changed, censored, quite possibly manipulated before they are used. Personally, why would I devote time and effort storyboarding a show were there is a slim to no chance my work will be seen or used. In contrast, I am willing to spend hours creating a level in Little Big Planet simply because there is the pleasure of seeing my own ideas coming to life in game, in that instant, the way it was meant to be seen and played. Regardless if others play that level or even enjoy it, I played it and I enjoyed it.

I feel that television is far to restricting a medium to fully embrace user created concepts. Certainly not on the same level that games manage to thrive on. Games simply are in a different league.

Posted: February 9, 2011 5:50 PM