How to Earn More Points In Bulletstorm

Posted: February 4, 2011
How to Earn More Points In Bulletstorm
Watch G4's Jake Gaskill run through Bulletstorm as he guides you how to earn more points in the game.

• Atavax

oh no its alex, i think i can explain the "hate". You describe the throw back element of this game. When i think of old school games, i think fast paced.... this game is not fast paced, the enemies are moving slow, they are easy to shoot, this is no duke nukem 3d or quake3 or unreal tournament. Despite the slow moving targets and thus the ease of shooting people, the marketing emphasizes the "skill" needed to play this game. So there's this shooter, it looks like an old-school shooter, it is marketed as needing the skill of an old school shooter, but its a modern, shooter, with realistically slow moving enemies, that resembles a puzzle game more then an oldschool shooter when it comes to gameplay. This game appears to not be about performing the highly difficult ,snap twitch shots of old school shooters as much as its about finding out what the best combinations are to maximize points. That and simply marketing your shooter as needing "skill" as opposed to other shooters, makes them sound extremely arrogant and is extremely insulting to people playing other shooters.

Posted: February 7, 2011 12:10 PM
    Atavax
  • Oh No Its Alexx

I really don't understand the "hate" behind this game. The demo was a lot of fun, and it's very refreshing to finally see something that gives a throw back to the old school. Games were always hyper violent and colorful. Having this come out with Duke Nukem will be a nice breadth of fresh air to gamers instead of the Brown n' Bloom and ultra serious business in gaming we've been seeing the last few years.

Posted: February 6, 2011 4:47 PM
    Oh+No+Its+Alexx
  • awesomeopossum

this game looks pretty ok i guess. i pre-ordered it but i may not buy it. although it would come with the gears 3 beta which would be nice. i don't think i will finish the pre-order, i will probably buy something else now.

Posted: February 5, 2011 8:51 PM
  • plomo

hyhh

Posted: February 5, 2011 8:19 PM
  • plomo

Yo everybody game sucks bad i played d demo a copy of gear lolololo.

Posted: February 5, 2011 8:16 PM
  • kingcole225

@ MasterofWeed

Show me your score if you think that the demo was easy.

Posted: February 5, 2011 7:45 PM
    kingcole225
  • TheMilkMonster

the voice acting ruined it for me. The gameplay was neat, though

Posted: February 5, 2011 7:21 PM
  • TrustFall

I had a crap day, downloaded the demo, and had a good time. I played through it twice. The crouch mechanic was irritating that you couldn't just lock it down, there is no cover mechanic from what I can tell, and it's pretty old school. Is it worth buying? Can't tell from the demo but the frame rate never dipped and controls were spot on so it at least has that going for it. Looks promising if the final game is challenging and more complex.

Posted: February 5, 2011 1:57 PM
    TrustFall
  • slimmer

PC .v ?

Posted: February 5, 2011 11:46 AM
    slimmer
  • Jax009

I like what they were going for. I'll rent the game when it releases at least. Another bonus is that it has on of my favorite voice actors in it. "Your the one person I can never forgive!" 3,2,1 lets jam.

Posted: February 5, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Cell34

After seeing this demo video, I almost wish they had decided to make a full game of Duty Calls or whatever it was called instead of this. Because that game at least made me laugh a lot. This just looks boring.

At least Gears of War 3 will be out soon.

NINJA CHAD

Posted: February 5, 2011 1:52 AM
    Cell34
  • Aerindel_Prime

I think they are hyping it so much because G4 seems to want to have a rep as the bad-boy of gameing, who glorifies violence and sex for their own sake. The stupider it is the better they like it, or a least thats what the network execs want. Many of the actual reviewers don't follow this but the site and the network (at least when it was still on TV) are pushing the low brow approach trying to appeal to that 13-17 age bracket who turn on the show just to piss off their parents. This fits in perfectly with Bulletstorm who seems to cater to the same audience.

Posted: February 5, 2011 1:15 AM
    Aerindel_Prime
  • JustTheBeginning

Demo was pretty boring, please dont over hype this game G4. I know I have not played the full version yet but from judging KZ3's beta's to this demo, there is no comparison what is a better game, so we are talking a low 4 or even 3/5 range game. Not a terrible thing but nothing to get over excited about either.

Posted: February 4, 2011 8:57 PM
    JustTheBeginning
  • camaro72toy

Yea, I agree, I got bored with the demo really fast and already deleted it, but hey, every game is different, some games are not for you. Maybe the real game is super awesome...don't know yet, right?

Posted: February 4, 2011 8:44 PM
    camaro72toy
  • cBugatti

this guy is PAINFULLL AT THIS GAME!!! he wastes all of his charged shots in the beginning without even hitting the people. u need to go for rear entry or mercy on the first guy, then leash the second guy towards u and hit em with the flail, then kick him to the trap door and open it. BOOM over his score and no charged shots used. then u kick the 3rd dude into the spikes and if u do it right u get 500. then head shot. (ya i played too much)

Posted: February 4, 2011 8:42 PM
  • DarkestPhoenix

You mean, leash, then kick into a wall full of spikes/electrical wires? Or off a cliff? Not saying the game is perfect, but there is a bit to do, though even I find it hard to get 3 stars on a map with the stuff they gave me for the demo. I wish there was more selection when it came to weapons and killing, and that some of the kills (mercy, for instance) were so hard to get (because sometimes you can shoot enemies in the balls until they die and they still won't hunch over, but when they die that way, you only get a measly 10 points). They need to fix the difficulty of getting different skillshots, and add more variety and I think this game has real potential to be fun. With the launch so close though, I am afraid that might be "as good as it gets". : /

Posted: February 4, 2011 8:38 PM
    DarkestPhoenix
  • Hitman_Mr.47

I was excited for this game for the variety of kills, but then I played the demo and realized that although there is a few unique and interesting kills, the meat of it is leash and kick.

I got bored super fast.

Posted: February 4, 2011 7:31 PM
    Hitman_Mr.47
  • V_Translanka

If something is clearly not for you why do you complain about it as if no one else in the world could possibly be worse than you? I mean, clearly you suck pretty bad to be posting a reply to something you don't even have to watch. BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGES!!!

Also, I hope that the demo only showcased like 10~20% of the possible skillshots in the game because I couldn't help but think that I was doing a bit of the same stuff over & over...Since the focus is so much on them, it really seems like they're make or break for this game...though I had more fun with it than other recent demos....

Posted: February 4, 2011 7:14 PM
    V_Translanka
  • XwingVmanX

Yeah I stopped playing the demo when I tried getting really creative with my kills and go no extra points

Posted: February 4, 2011 6:50 PM
    XwingVmanX
  • GeneralKumar

Why is it that everybody at G4 is just terrible at video games?

Posted: February 4, 2011 6:42 PM