Dead Space vs Dead Space 2 Comparison Video

Posted: January 26, 2011
Dead Space vs Dead Space 2 Comparison Video
Get ready to get double the scares by checking to see if there are any differences or similarities from Dead Space and Dead Space 2 in this comparison video

• djanax420

and to add to that the monsters were waaaaaaay more durable in the first, they took a lot more to kill them which even made it more difficult when fighting a wave

Posted: August 30, 2011 9:41 PM
  • djanax420

dead space 1 was way scarrier, it was just you, alone on a ship full of death and annonymous people would communicate with u rarely. deadspace 2 however, had whiney un needed characters yapping at u in video chat 24/7 and they would always throw game hints at you as if tryin to be sneaky like when the radio is left on on a dead body and people are shouting cut the limbs! and pops up again as if i didnt hear it the first time. dead space 2 was WAYYY easy for me even on hardcore it was a breeze, environments are fully open and u can pretty much get away easier. i like the claustrophobic feel of the first cuz it puts u on edge and you think "where do I run???" and in deadspace 2 with the addition of only a couple new monsters they took a lot of the really neat ones away :l executions in dead space 1 were MUCH more horrific, i LOVED to die in deadspace 1 cuz of the variety of executions where as deadspace 2 it was the same execution EVERY time -____- overall deadspace 2 made me unattached to the thrill of the first.

Posted: August 30, 2011 9:33 PM
  • RDJuggalo

DS2 is more open. You are no longer stuck on a ship. There are good and bad points that accompany that fact. The biggest difference I have found is that enemies don't just appear infront of you anymore. Granted, there are rooms in DS1 that have enemies popping out behind you but it is rare. Now, you'll be busy amputating limbs on a fallen necromorph and you'll catch a little hint of movement behind you, turn around and find three different types of enemies breathing down your neck. It also seems like you get mobbed by enemies more. Where DS1 would have 3-4 enemies in a wave DS2 has 8-12. Graphics are good and the controls/movement is no longer herky jerky or heavy. New weapons are kind of blah, just need rifle and cutter anyway. Backtracking has been cut down a ton which kind of makes DS2 feel more linear. There were many fights in DS1 where I went into panic mode and other than the start of DS2 I did not panic. The greatest improvement in DS2 is movement in zero-g. Wish I had those booster rockets on my suit in DS1. Both are awesome games and until Resident Evil remembers what made that franchise great is not a story about African Body Snatchers, Dead Space 1 & 2 are the best survival horror games on PS3.

Posted: May 9, 2011 1:32 PM
    RDJuggalo
  • meeech

hey, can u guys give this a try?
    http://www.versuspedia.com/p riv/#/dead-space-vs-dead-space -2/634

helpthis silly girl make a good comparisson between DS1 and DS2

Posted: March 4, 2011 12:04 PM
    meeech
  • BurningRevolver

Both games have great graphics, but while the first one was incredible looking with near FMV quality graphics at times, Dead Space 2 manages to improve on some points, such as textures, lighting, the amount of detail to the environments, and overall character modelling, for example their faces have a better amount of detail and seem more expressive when they talk.

Also, I agree Nicole was more attractive in the first game and looked younger. Oddly enough, Isaac looked older at the couple of points you saw his face in the first game, but he looks younger in the sequel.

That said, both look great, it's just Visceral managed to improve on an already impressive looking game with some refinements. And yes, Dead Space 2 seems harder, and it feels like the developers wanted to make you rely on more than just the Plasma Cutter to handle enemies.

Posted: February 3, 2011 4:36 AM
    BurningRevolver
  • CaptainEpic4

dead space 2 was harder then the first and more fun to :3

Posted: February 2, 2011 11:53 AM
    CaptainEpic4
  • GrayGhost45

While both are 5/5 star games for me, I really liked the setting of DS1 more. The fact that the ship had been out there for some time was just creepy all around , and it really made you wonder how messed up the few survivors must've been to know that they've been isolated in that messed up setting for who knows how long.

Dead Space 2 was a great setting but the outbreak is literally happening as you are playing. Just doesn't have that "old" haunted house feel the first one did.

Posted: February 1, 2011 5:28 AM
    GrayGhost45
  • Gamemaster95

while I love both games being a survival horror maniac, I do prefer the scares of one because of the fact that i was scared all the time rather than most, although i will admit that many things were definately scarier since they throw more enemies at you and still give you little ammo. I hope 3 will be back to being scary more because i feel like it heads towards 50/50 rather than 75/25 but I will say HOLY FING S, that first part is way scarier in 2 and other intense things work as well, including stuff that isn't even scary just hard to watch(i'm looking at you needle)

Posted: January 31, 2011 12:09 PM
    Gamemaster95
  • TheR3DMarker

They're Both meant to be the beginning of "nightmares", although very similar I like both regardless.

Posted: January 30, 2011 12:40 PM
    TheR3DMarker
  • AutoPsychotic

Based solely on this video (I've played neither), Dead Space 2 is exactly the same game as the first.

Posted: January 28, 2011 8:07 AM
    AutoPsychotic
  • Cathartic Denoument

Watching this comparison/contrasting video, Nicole sounds & looks, younger & better, in DS1.
    (Better voice actress & better art rendition)
    Nicole in DS2 just looks older & sounds annoying.

I haven't dived into SP yet [still catching up on backlog], but when I tried out MP (in DS2), strafing & turning were terrible.
    DS1 had better controls, in that regard. I could strafe faster in DS1, and turning wasn't sharply done on a pivot while slowing down or standing still - I could still sprint & turn.
    In DS2 I had to either walk, or stop altogether, in order to turn - couldn't turn while sprinting. And strafing was just terrible.
    But that may just be how the controls are in MP.
    I'll have to check back, after I've played through.

Regardless of those control nitpicks, I LOVE DEAD SPACE. =D
    Can't wait to blaze through my backlog, so I can catch up on my newer games.

Posted: January 27, 2011 1:53 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • Mystyr_E

I'm finding 2 harder, it almost seems like they increased the enemy count but kept the survival horror "make do with what you have" type ammo

and honestly, halfway through, I kind of prefer the first one though I'm sure I'll get it for saying that

Posted: January 27, 2011 12:43 PM
    Mystyr_E
  • DreamingDarklyRobin

DS 2 is harder as most reviews state. don't expect to breeze through it like the original.

Posted: January 27, 2011 11:35 AM
    DreamingDarklyRobin
  • DMC5X2

Cant wait to play dead space 2 for the ps3. Unfortunately i cant stop playing mass effect 2. I guess you cant play everything at the same time.

Posted: January 27, 2011 11:28 AM
    DMC5X2
  • Cryptomaster420

i own dead space one only for ps3 it was fun but this time ill get #2 for my xbox 360

Posted: January 27, 2011 9:26 AM
  • drangel_jam

*shouldn't*
    Meaning... play DS1 first. It's worth it, and just as good.

Posted: January 27, 2011 6:48 AM
    drangel_jam
  • drangel_jam

@ronaldo99 you can but you should.
    There is a recap on DS2.

Posted: January 27, 2011 6:47 AM
    drangel_jam
  • Wavinglighter

I don't know about Dead Space, but I know you can't spell.

Posted: January 27, 2011 6:44 AM
  • ronaldo99

can I play dead space 2 without playing the first one? Will i be completely lost in the story line?

Posted: January 27, 2011 6:38 AM
    ronaldo99
  • drshakaIou

I kinda thought 2 was easier, not as scary (still nasty and creepy), storyline was great at first but then fell apart somewhere in the game, was hoping for an epic ending and didn't turn out that way at all. This all may seem like negative comments but I really loved 1 and 2 and had a blast playing 2 (just finished the game 5 minutes ago). If they make one, I'll buy Dead Space 3. Oh by the way what the heck happened to the massive boss fights, or any of the boss fights for that matter, I thought the developers said the bosses in Dead Space 2 were gonna make the Leviathan (boss from Dead Space 1) look like a poodle, wtf man?

Posted: January 27, 2011 6:36 AM