Fresh Ink Online: Guest Comic Alliance's Laura Hudson

Posted: January 21, 2011
Fresh Ink Online: Guest Comic Alliance's Laura Hudson
Comic Alliance Editor-in-Chief Laura Hudson fills in for Blair Butler on Fresh Ink Online and reviews Casanova, Meanwhile, Duncan the Wonder Dog, and Thor: The Mighty Avenger.

• Belushi'sZombie

No Blair Butler News? Why a 'Guest Host' taking the place of our Comics Goddess? Blair, hope you don't dare pull an Olivia Munn on us anytime soon :(

The "Meanwhile" book with alternative paths sounds ideal for kids in detention.

Posted: January 28, 2011 12:36 AM
    Belushi'sZombie
  • hostile17

I have yet to experience the humor, usually just Butler making stupid faces

Posted: January 25, 2011 8:42 PM
  • indyjoel

Appreciate the fill in. Ready to have Blair back. Fresh Ink is always better with a little bit of humor.

Posted: January 25, 2011 12:34 PM
    indyjoel
  • mikeotal

Great job by Laura and Jeff is great with his usual happy attitude!

Miss Blair but a nice fill in everyone. :)

Posted: January 24, 2011 9:58 PM
    mikeotal
  • hostile17

So let me get this straight? We are supposed to pick up a Thor book that is the best in the shelves, only it's been canceled? What for? To reminisce?
    Oh and she calls "Casanova" a little known comic book, well I think it's only little known by lamos and hipsters who watch Fresh Ink, the rest of us were aware of Fraction's and Fabian Moon's work for Image Comics.

I like Laura Hudson though, she's easy on the eyes, no disrespect intended I am sure she's a great lady, but damn it bring back Blair Butler so I can continue to hate her!

Posted: January 23, 2011 11:50 PM
  • pintnoir

So she did alright. I have to agree with the above comment that her Comics Alliance blog shows off her real talent. Too soft spoken. I can't wait for the return of Blair next week. Thanks Laura Hudson for filling in. If you come back speak up and relax its just us fan boys.

Posted: January 23, 2011 3:47 PM
  • JoshuaCorning

Not the greatest fresh ink. Laura Hudson is a much better writer then internet TV host. The love of the medium that she covers comes out better at comic alliance, much like it comes through with Blair Butler on Fresh Ink.

Don't let this lack luster episode poison the well. get to Comic Alliance. Great stuff there.

That said i still think Hudson is a political hack for evoking Palin in that article about Corcoran. I don't know why left wingers hate conservative women so much. Maybe it is a cultural thing. If you don't immerse yourself in constant irony and hunt and have boobs then you are the scum of the earth or something.

Anyway that stuff is rare and far between at Comic Alliance. It is by far mostly about great comic book news and criticism.

Posted: January 22, 2011 10:42 PM
    JoshuaCorning
  • jungan

Youv'e actually piqued my interest, I'ma buy Duncan the Wonder Dog tomorrow.

Posted: January 21, 2011 5:03 PM