Nintendo 3DS: Would You Buy One?

Posted: January 20, 2011
Nintendo 3DS: Would You Buy One?
The staff from G4tv.com shares their thoughts on the $249.49 Nintendo 3DS price and technology specs behind it. Lets find out what knowledgeable information they are going to give.

• Lorenzus

With the 3DS price dropping to 160$ and the good games are on their way... I guess now's the right time to buy. And not to mention Ninty stating that they're not gonna be releasing any upgraded version for the 3DS soon.

Posted: August 18, 2011 4:37 PM
    Lorenzus
  • jcsackboy

Just wondering. My birthday is the same day as the release date of the new 3DS. I have the original DS and thought that maybe it is time to buy the new 3DS. I'm also gonna buy the NGP but I was just wondering if you guys think it is worth to buy the 3DS on the release date or wait it out a little.

Posted: March 15, 2011 7:11 PM
    jcsackboy
  • JoshuaManriguez199

is that a question anybody in their right mind would

Posted: February 26, 2011 12:22 PM
  • umetcalf

it has movies and 3d no one has 3d hand held games and they dont wants walking around with

Posted: February 17, 2011 11:52 AM
    umetcalf
  • umetcalf

they have to make it 250$ so no little kids have it and 3d

Posted: February 17, 2011 11:49 AM
    umetcalf
  • balbar

Check out my post about the 3DS on my blog 1337pwnd. I'm just getting started so go easy on me but there will be more posts that come by more frequently once games start coming out and I start reviewing.

1337pwnd.tumblr.com

Posted: February 17, 2011 10:56 AM
    balbar
  • bio8167

it's worth it !!!!!!

Posted: February 9, 2011 2:23 PM
    bio8167
  • Crillan

Phones have some good games yes, but they're really no comparison to a dedicated console with actual buttons and a joystick.

As for saying we've been playing 3D games for quite a while now, those are only simulated 3D. The 3DS will actually appear to be physically outside the screen and deep into the screen. It's completely different than say Super Mario 64.

Posted: January 29, 2011 9:34 PM
    Crillan
  • Crillan

Sorry for double post, this site really loads slowly.

Posted: January 29, 2011 9:30 PM
    Crillan
  • Crillan

Man what a bunch of weak reasons to not like it.

Yes life is in 3D but if it's that important to experience, why waste time playing any game, 2D or 3D?

The fact you can turn off 3D isn't a reason to not buy it. The 3D is always available for 3D games and movies so that's a moot point. In fact, it's good that you can adjust the 3D so it fits your physical parameters.

As for messing up your kids' eyes, doctors have said it would only be a real problem if they already had eye problems to begin with. Also, they have parental controls to lock out the 3D so that's also a moot point. When they get older, parents can just remove the lock and they can remove the lock if they want to use it for themselves. Also, they're not marketing this toward 6 year olds so another moot point.

Priced same as a Wii when it came out? It has better graphics than the Wii and better online features and better everything else.

Worried about dropping a $250 device all the time? So you're clumsy and you drop your smart phone often then?

Only little girls like the 3DS? This one is obviously a joke. Doesn't lend any credibility to the case though.

Posted: January 29, 2011 9:20 PM
    Crillan
  • Crillan

Man what a bunch of weak reasons to not like it.

Posted: January 29, 2011 9:17 PM
    Crillan
  • thevideogamer235

For me its a yes. I have been upgrading to newer nintendo handhelds since the gameboy advance SP (the only one i missd is the dsi xl because personally for me there was no point in getting one when i alredy had a dsi). I defiantly intend on getting a 3DS but who knows maybe the price will go down just like the previous nintendo products have on the past.

Posted: January 28, 2011 4:58 PM
    thevideogamer235
  • mikepjr

I'm going to get one when they release it in black and red, and when some games i give a damn about come out for it, the launch window looks crappy.. no Zelda... no Kid Icarus.. no Resident Evil: Revelations... no square-enix RPGs... god.. nothing that REALLY grabs me at launch, so not worth it yet.
    Nintendo is not doing well with their launch, i expected better..
    I hope a price drop happens soon..
    At least more first party companies are on bored this time, and trying to actually put their best foot forward... i am looking forward to the Street Fighter 4 3DS and Dead Or Alive games.
    We will see though.. but you would think nintendo would learn after the release of Sony's PSP.. it was like 250.. and no one wanted it... i also say that with a good price, you get more buyers..
    Maybe one day the game companies will learn.. maybe one day...

Posted: January 26, 2011 4:54 PM
    mikepjr
  • Webreever

Here's a better idea, for those that already own a PS3: save up and buy a 3D TV. I found some good deals, and with a little bit of saving, instead of having a wimpy handheld for 250, a PS3 already plays Blu Rays and can do the same for 3D Blu Rays, with 3D TV, of which I found a few for less than a thousand.

Yeah, it might be cool to walk around with 3D, but does it have a policy against drops and accidents like an Iphone, for about the same price, might? Probably not, so that means you buy an expensive 3D gaming device, you drop it, it breaks or becomes unusable, and you take it back, BB says "Oh, we don't cover that" so now you have 250 dollar door stop.

OR...You could play God of War III in 3D, or Killzone, or Medal of Honor, or whatever. Yeah, it may not be portable, but seeing as this current tech is big and expensive, would you want to?

This new platform is for the mega-Nintendo lovers the ones that think Miyamoto is a God, and fall asleep masturbating to his face every night. It's for those privledged little boys and girls, the ones where mom and dad make so much money they got them five each, in case they break one.

This new platform is not for the working class Americans, the ones that know the value of a dime, and would rather save it for something more effective in delivering on 3D rather on some new novelty, which in about 2 years will be gone.

Posted: January 24, 2011 1:16 PM
  • aCanadianGuy

I got a DS lite right now and it works fine, but i will most likely upgrade to the 3DS in the near future once after i get either PKMN Black or White.

Those critics (cept Leah) are just douchers and nobody should listen to them.
    Just wait til AOTS gives a good review and those guys will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Posted: January 23, 2011 11:58 PM
    aCanadianGuy
  • dragoonbb

last I checked when been playing 3D games for quite a while now

Posted: January 23, 2011 5:37 PM
  • xsujint

I can't see 3D either, it has something to do with the lack of depth perception or something like that. Still I'm going to fork out the 250 bones to get it.

Posted: January 23, 2011 5:36 PM
  • shamusl

No. My Android phone is more than powerful enough for games, and when the Optimus 2X comes out and Nvidia dual-core processors are in the new phones I'm sure I'll have one.

There's no room in this world for a second device.

Posted: January 23, 2011 12:04 PM
  • BigAngryRobot

I'll wait for a red and black 3DS with the matching storage case. I liked that DS package.

Posted: January 22, 2011 7:57 PM
    BigAngryRobot
  • TheMegaAndyMan

I would buy a 3ds not right away but when it gos down in price and their are a variety of game to chose from.

Posted: January 22, 2011 11:57 AM