Dragon Age 2 The Exiled Prince DLC Trailer

Posted: January 7, 2011
Dragon Age 2 The Exiled Prince DLC Trailer
Dragon Age II "The Exiled Prince" DLC introduces the noble archer Sebastian Vael, with players joining him in the middle of his quest to avenge the brutal murder of his family. Find out in the trailer how you can get this DLC for free.

• wolfman99202

I pre-ordered the Signature edition at Gamestop the first day it was offered, Oct. 15th! Now with the extra content that was just added (the Lion of Orlais, The Fadeshear, the new shops and the war hound) it is becoming eminently clear that we will start out with a lot of stuff at the beginning. I will spread out this new gear to all my followers and be able to square it off with stuff I buy at the new shops and make my people all the more powerful. It may lower some of the difficulty in the beginning but it insures that I can actually enjoy the story without having to worry if I will survive the fighting. Thanks Bioware for including all the things you have. I will definitely enjoy the game.

Posted: January 14, 2011 9:37 AM
    wolfman99202
  • camaro72toy

I was never that impressed with the first one to tell you the truth, the combat was some of the worst of any game I've ever played.

Posted: January 10, 2011 2:14 PM
    camaro72toy
  • TemplarOfBacon

I was thinking about preordering it, but really, I only care about the prince dlc, and at the same time, I could possibly do without. Who knows, his "story" may really only involve a few comments about the overstory and one dungeon. It's not like he's a priceless figure like Shale, who atleast was more memorable.

I think I'll just wait until it's reduced in price on steam.

Posted: January 10, 2011 8:33 AM
    TemplarOfBacon
  • fallback33

I sorry to hear all u cry babies about this. if you dont wanna pay for it pre order it and quit crying...

Posted: January 10, 2011 7:08 AM
    fallback33
  • Wrathofsauron

-___- not only am i still PLAYING my christmas games, but im still paying them off too, and taxes just hit. bioware (or probably EA), stop sucking every little nickel and dime you can out of us! i love your games but i cant buy them!!! this is a recession you bastards!

Posted: January 9, 2011 8:04 PM
    Wrathofsauron
  • blahsalt48

I bought a used DA:O and the guy never used his code, so I got shale and the blood dragon armor, and I didn`t have to get a new coppy. Awsome seeing as I have used her almost every playthrough, and I have had many.

Posted: January 9, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Sharad

I think some of you fail to understand what it means to make a game.
    Dragon Age's 1's campaign was epic long as it was, compared to a shooter like Halo or CoD.
    That takes hundreds of devs and millions of dollars.

The fact that they are offering DLC is so that people preorder the game and so that they can prevent people buying used copies. It is a way of making money. Money that is rightfully due to them.

I would gladly pay up to a hundred dollars for a Dragon Age game, it is beautifully crafted in every way.

So, just go out and preorder the game, get your free DLC.
    Or just play the regular 30 hour long campaign and don't get the DLC.

Posted: January 9, 2011 1:23 PM
  • 2ply

Have to agree with some commentors so far, DLC lined up for release day is a bit worrying. DA:Orgins milked the DLC train quite heavily and removed an essential part of the storyline because of it (where you take control of the wardens keep, was that awakening? been too long lol).

To have DLC at release is not exactly good news about DA2's future to me, definetly going to pass on it and see how things play out this time.

Really growing tired of some of the DLC scammers out there though and getting games that feel unfinished simply because they know it will sell later.. games just seem to be getting shorter and shorter, but oh well I guess since people have no issues in paying around $150 for a complete and fullfilling game.

Maybe i'm just getting old, but things just aren't like they used to be.

Posted: January 9, 2011 4:52 AM
    2ply
  • K3nny24

Still deciding whether to get it on my 360 or my PC Any suggestions?

Posted: January 8, 2011 10:16 PM
    K3nny24
  • K3nny24

Still deciding whether to get it on console (Xbox360) or PC any suggestions?

Posted: January 8, 2011 10:14 PM
    K3nny24
  • Norg54

wow guys seriously... youre complaining about free stuff. Honestly, from an income stand point, its smart of EA and Bioware to do this. Its gives players more incentive to pick up the game on launch day and to buy it brand new. The content is not stuff cut from the original game, its extra stuff they developed after the game was complete to give you more reasons to pre-order and pick up the game brand new. Not having it does not break the game.

If you guys remember ME2 launch-day DLC, it was just a small extra mission where you visited the Normandy's crash site (and you got some extra weapons and armor). That stuff could not possibly break the game or make it feel incomplete if it werent there. You arent paying extra for the content, you are simply buying the full game and getting a little extra for getting it the first day. Why is that so bad to you guys?

You are not unlocking the second half of the game or any super important plot points through this, youre getting an extra character and a few extra missions. So why are you guys whining so much?

Posted: January 8, 2011 9:14 PM
    Norg54
  • KulasDevorn

Launch Day DLC is one of the most ridiculous marketing gimmicks ever. Someone goes and pays for a game, then they have to D/L crap when they get home? Just put it on the disk for crying out loud. For that matter, why bother with a disk at all then? Jjust make all your game d/l only and save us all the trouble. I really hate all the schemes involving DLC and Pre-Order these companies pull these days. Just put your game out and let us play it without all the nonsense.

Posted: January 8, 2011 5:35 PM
  • dbeam308

I normally don't complain about stuff like this...

So I won't. Good day.

Posted: January 8, 2011 10:29 AM
    dbeam308
  • BigPoppaChunk

for 1 bioware's games are huge you will get your moneys worth without it 2 bioware left this out on purpose for day 1 sales 3 you would complain about this because it's biowares answer to used games pre order this and get free stuff or buy it used and pay for it .this doesn't upset me .

im more upset about xbox live trying to sell full games on games ondemand for insane prices compared to used games with no insetive to buy them.
    IE: i can download nba 2k9 on live for 19.99 and take up 5 gb of space and get nothing or go to best buy and get it for 4.99 and no penelties for buying used. STUPID!!!!!

or a better one fallout 3 for 29.99 and 6gb off memory and no free dlc not game of the year or gamestop 9.99 used same thing no penelties or 29.99 game of the year edition with all dlc hello STUPID!!!!

every title on live market place is this moronic so dear live get competitive with your prices or stop wasting space with these insults.

Posted: January 8, 2011 7:57 AM
    BigPoppaChunk
  • slyshadow12

is it only preorder at bioware or can i preorder at gamestop and still get the benefits?

Posted: January 8, 2011 6:57 AM
    slyshadow12
  • Christ0bell

point of this..free dlc for sig edition is for the loyal fans of bioware and dragon age....had mine preorderd for ages. ever since kotor their games have been good.

granted they could have put the dlc in the game but consider the length of dragon age........and the length of ME2 without dlc. theyre both easily 20 hours plus

Posted: January 8, 2011 6:56 AM
    Christ0bell
  • smbndt

I hope "Launch day DLC" wont happen to ME3... ahhh SCREW it, its bioware! ofcourse they'll do something like this to ME3.. I just hope bioware wont minimize ME3's in game content just so they can put it out later on DLC.

I tell ya, games just keep shorter and shorter these days and the DLC's just keep comin and comin (both the good DLC's and the worthless-repetitive-horsecrap DLC's). nuff said

still love bioware tho.. =D trolllllllllllllll

Posted: January 8, 2011 4:06 AM
    smbndt
  • ShdwFox

@kungfuj0

I think your right on a lot of points there. But one thing I did want to bring up is the whole pre-ordering factor. The thing is, you have to ask yourself; why didn't they put this DLC in EVERY brand new game. Not just the preordered ones?

I think it's because their afraid of review feedback on the game. With this DLC, they'll entice uninformed gamers to pay a full $53.00 for it (minus the DLC price). But gamers who read the review might decide not to purchase it at all, which would result in a $60 dollar loss. Like they told me in economics class, they would rather have your business than not at all. They probably also want the money quicker I imagine. It lets them know what kind of budget they have to work with as far as future projects are concerned.

Additionally have to say that buying it new instead of used (to make profits) is only half the reason. Otherwise, they could have just included a activation code for the DLC in every brand new game. Of course that that activation code would be no longer valid after it was used once.

Lastly, I think the actual content in the DLC is more a matter of opinion. You mentioned Forza, and although Halo: Reach is an FPS, they did something similar in their last DLC; more online maps to play in. Personally I'm not a major FPS fan and so this didn't appeal to me. But for others it seemed to be a big deal since it got high review scores.

Posted: January 8, 2011 3:31 AM
    ShdwFox
  • ShdwFox

I don't understand why people getting upset about this. If you gamers think this content should be in the original game, then don't buy the game, preordered or otherwise; it's that simple. If you guys think this game is going to be half a game simply because it's coming out with pre-launch DLC then just don't buy it. Wait for a review and then determine if it is half a game or not. Besides that single reason, their is always a chance a game isn't going to turn out well anyway. In any event, you should always wait for a review.

Despite that, I still have to say you've got a pretty good bet that this game is going to be awesome. It is coming from Bioware after all. If it wasn't for my gamer's code, I would be pre-ordering it too.

Posted: January 8, 2011 2:52 AM
    ShdwFox
  • CujoSWAoA

Bioware did the same damn thing with the first Dragon Age.

"Our game has released. You just paid $65 dollars for it! NOW PAY US MORE FOR MORE CONTENT THAT COULD'VE EASILY ALREADY BEEN PUT INTO THE GAME!"

Screw that. Eat holes, Bioware.

Posted: January 8, 2011 12:22 AM