Razer SwitchBlade CES 2011 Trailer

Posted: January 6, 2011
Razer SwitchBlade CES 2011 Trailer
The Razer design team reveals their PC gaming on the go device. See the Razer Switchblade concept as the team shows you what this technology can do.

• mike_kosa_333

SKYNET!!!!

Posted: August 22, 2011 6:07 PM
    mike_kosa_333
  • cdrexler

I read that they announced it will not be over 1000$ dollars

Posted: February 6, 2011 6:58 AM
  • slimmer

Reps are kookie but let me know when there is a reasonably priced one that can at least play Crysis at a lower res, but it looks like it has mass potential.

Posted: January 9, 2011 7:01 PM
    slimmer
  • chip43_

I would like to know how you can game with and atom processor, maybe with a service like On-Live where the processing is done remote? Looks very cool but can it deliver? and does it have a normal os to do non gaming also?

Posted: January 9, 2011 3:19 PM
    chip43_
  • X-IronGear

am a ps3 person but this look pretty good so C'mon guys give them some credit

Posted: January 9, 2011 2:15 AM
    X-IronGear
  • NekoNyanYan

THis is pretty good, Now we need the specs, i see one problem tho there are some games that might require more keys >,<</safety_wrapper&g t;

Posted: January 8, 2011 6:49 PM
  • MasterFast

My mind = blown.

Hopefully this thing actually delivers on the promises it's making in my mind. Which again, is blown.

Posted: January 8, 2011 4:09 PM
    MasterFast
  • mikeBackin

This isn't for current PC gamers. Think about the concept . I think they introduced this device to get investors interested in where this could go. Think if this thing had something like Onlive on it. Streaming the PC games right to the system. Also think about if this thing was optimized just for gaming unlike the gaming laptops. The laptops are great and juiced up for gamers but if your mission is to just game on it then how essential is Windows and all that. Imagine a console just for PC games. I think they want to bring the console gamers over to another medium with PC. Something that allows console gamers to join the PC gamer ranks without having to either upgrade a desktop or buy a gaming laptop. This seems like a netbook for gaming. You know how Google created Chrome OS because all netbooks are really for, is just getting online and using a keyboard. Maybe Razor wants to bring that to the gamer world. I could see a 4g wifi system, and streaming service for this, and maybe an app store that has indie titles that could be played offline.

Posted: January 8, 2011 1:56 PM
    mikeBackin
  • Proswizzle

Sorry Razer you are an awesome mouse, pad, and keyboard designer but this? hell no. playing even remotely comfortably on this thing would take a serious curve to get used to, not to mention with the limited keybind space. Take WoW for example, a serious player will have WAY more keybinds to even fit in a compact design! Even the simplest of classes rogue, mage, hunter im looking at you (PvE wise) would be pressed to find space for all of their abilitys and play comfortably. Can it work for some people? Of course. Seems like a good idea but a portable PC gaming device will need way more this to be mainstream.

Posted: January 8, 2011 9:00 AM
    Proswizzle
  • soulslayer5000

dont get me wrong i think pc games need something like this but it looks like its going to be to much money

Posted: January 8, 2011 7:58 AM
    soulslayer5000
  • vermanshane

Alright only one question, how much?

Posted: January 8, 2011 1:26 AM
    vermanshane
  • Athtsak

Now, I'm a DJ and I think the potential this thing is stupid crazy, if they can make a touch screen and midi programmable keyboard with a shift function so I can run my Traktor DJing software it will rock the house. Good job Razor, good job.

Posted: January 7, 2011 8:51 PM
    Athtsak
  • airreaper

DAMN that looks beastly. I wish i could afford this :/

Posted: January 7, 2011 8:47 PM
    airreaper
  • 123Four

I'm going to be the first here to call BS

Posted: January 7, 2011 8:34 PM
    123Four
  • SirFault

Looks like it could be a first step in the right direction. Also had an idea to replace the mouse. Some sort of flip out pad that comes out from the bottom of the device that works like a track pad on most laptops. If it could slide out on either direction so lefties wouldn't have to play right handed. Probably a dumb idea but I had to throw it out there :P

Posted: January 7, 2011 5:52 PM
    SirFault
  • crocodilius

that am r teh beautifulz

Posted: January 7, 2011 10:48 AM
    crocodilius
  • Luck702

Id buy it. just unsure if id want to play games like starcraft and arma on such a small screen tho. It would definitely be my minecraft machine!

Posted: January 6, 2011 11:34 PM
    Luck702
  • KindredsEmbrace

If they replace the Atom with a better up to date CPU and add in a decent nvidia Mobile video proc I think this could be outstanding. I have been waiting for a decent portable unit just like this (i have tried Vaio' s and similar device but they never "felt" right to me) I Like my touch for my portable gaming fixes but this would be soooo much better.. Word to the wise.. Stick to WiFi.. No 3g crap sticking customers to some particular vendor or wireless provider.. Make it useful for EVERYBODY. not just some select few.

Posted: January 6, 2011 10:53 PM
  • Andarach

I'm blown away and skeptical at the same time. The concept is awesome and I could definitely use a mobile option to my desktop when I got on trips or go home from the dorm for a weekend. That said, pictures showing Quake Live, Warcraft 3, WoW, and Portal is very 2004 (Portal's not that old but Source is). It seems out of date before it's even available for purchase. Then when it is out for 2-3 years, it will get reallllllyyyy old fast. I hope they can pull it off because it be a remarkable piece of tech, but I'm skeptical for now.

Posted: January 6, 2011 10:11 PM
    Andarach
  • mikeBackin

I think this is a really good idea. Part of the reason consoles are favored over PC right now is that PC gaming isn't quite as accessible to the growing number of gamers. The consoles have a base price and we know the games coming out on them will work. Also through in the fact that gaming laptops are really expensive. And that if you want to have a truly great gaming experience on a PC you need to drop some serious money to do it. I already don't like lugging around my average sized laptop. The thought of taking a gaming laptop around sounds crazy to me. My hope is that a device like this can bring the Console gamers to the PC. I could see deals with Onlive and Steam being really good for a device like this. PC games optimized for a device of this nature and selling the device for a price that rivals the current gen consoles could make things interesting. I am a xbox 360 gamer, but I would really like to play SC2 and all the great rts stuff that is simply better on a PC.

Posted: January 6, 2011 8:56 PM