Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Haggar and Phoenix Gameplay Video

Posted: January 7, 2011
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Haggar and Phoenix Gameplay Video
Haggar and Phoenix have been revealed and now they are teaming up to destroy their opponents. Check our gamplay footage featuring Mike Haggar and the Dark Phoenix, Jean Grey, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

• DTucker

When transforming to the Dark Phoenix in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, you have to have Max super bar to work and it's only activated when you die in regular mode. Anything below that and Phoenix will die. It's up to you to either save your supers or using them throughout the fight.

Posted: January 7, 2011 11:41 AM
    DTucker
  • Raisinbman

Obligatory characters-who-aren't-in post: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/ 2010/oct/24/list-deconfirmed-m vc3-characters-and-franchises/

The lineup is GOING to be lopsided, video game characters are usually more balanced than 'super heroes'(Batman defeating anything and everything that moves with just his brain, anyone?)

She has low health. If you're that worried about Dark Phoenix, pick a high-damage rushdown character and destroy her before she has a chance to do anything. Let's not forget you can force a character to come out(Force Phoenix to come out before they get 5 bars, destroy her, problem solved). Again, I'll restate Phoenix is gonna be similar to Seth - no HP and unrewarding learning curve.

I wish Phoenix Wright was in, too. We may have to wait for DLC though.

Posted: January 7, 2011 11:35 AM
  • DrNo0

I was expecting phoenix wright

Posted: January 7, 2011 11:32 AM
    DrNo0
  • spiritbrand

Looks like you have to have use a MAX super bar to do the Dark Phoenix transformation as well.

Posted: January 7, 2011 11:11 AM
    spiritbrand
  • CLUNGEHUNTERPJ

Am i the only one disappointed that it wasn't phoenix wright? Now THAT would be awesome...

Posted: January 7, 2011 11:05 AM
    CLUNGEHUNTERPJ
  • OtakuNes

Soo pheonix that's cool. the whole regenerating life seems kind of cheap. I don't think that it'll get abused at tournaments. People will try to but tournament level players are too good for that.

I'm kind of excited about Hagaar nut he's looking like an alternate outfit for zangief with a lead pipe.

Posted: January 7, 2011 10:37 AM
  • shadowsoul1

@M6000:
    I'd agree with you just based on the merits of the logic behind each of the character's powers. However since this is a fighting game merely borrowing the characters from their respective universes I highly doubt there will be an issue of balance. Take Phoenix alone for example. If they were to actually stay true to her comic iteration she basically could wipe the floor with any and all of the charcters we've seen on the roster thus far just on power alone. Of course they've had to dumb her down a bit to make her a more feasible character to use as a normal fighter in the game's universe. I mean Ryu against Magneto? The master of magnetism would wipe the floor with Ryu in seconds without even breaking a sweat. So yeah for the game's story sake we won't be seeing these characters in their true colors. Well at least the Marvel side of things. If we did the game would be totally unbalanced as you said. I'm totally looking forward to this mash up! It's gonna be awesome! :)

Posted: January 7, 2011 10:31 AM
    shadowsoul1
  • d_dirdy

I think Phoenix's ability to regenerate her life bar back to full is pretty cheap. I know it goes down over time but that won't really matter if you have your last character with a little chunk of life bar left and you are just about to win but she regenerates and wins. I don't think it should be the whole life bar she regenerates. Regenerating back the red part would be fair in my opinion. I think her ability will be abused heavily especially when this game will be featured in tournaments.

Posted: January 7, 2011 10:16 AM
  • M6000

Man after looking at the roster list for this game I gotta say it's looking a bit lop-sided. Marvel has got all there most powerful super heroes and villains on tap for this one where as alot of the capcom characters seem like weaklings in comparison. I mean I'm sure Characters like Dante,Wesker and Trish can hold there own but then you got Arthur,tron bonn and that stupid dog with the paint brush. in the end I'm sure it will be balanced but if the winners were chosen on power alone Marvel would win hands down.

Posted: January 7, 2011 10:10 AM