Mass Effect 2 PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison Video

Posted: December 23, 2010
Mass Effect 2 PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison Video
Mass Effect 2 Demo for the PS3 is out and this is your chance to see if there are any differences or similarities when compared to the Xbox 360 version.

• xav223

they both look similar, i still reckon this game looks much better on a good PC. thats just my opinion tho

Posted: January 17, 2011 9:03 PM
    xav223
  • PScarney

First of all, I do not want to claim that one system is better then another, because the playing field isn't even to begin with. (No, not because PS3 is better) Because the PS3 version is using the new engine, which is a slight advantage.

But there is an obvious difference in the clarity and textures between the two games. The PS3 shows better shadows on the textures and the brightness of the the PS3 is better (in my opinion). I really do like the PS3 version a bit more, just because it seems like i can see and notice more that's going on in the frame.

And again, I do not claim one console is better than another. I love my PS3 and wouldn't give it up for the world. But I still play Xbox 360 all the time and couldn't give that up either. So just in general, PLAY MASS EFFECT!

Posted: January 6, 2011 7:47 AM
    PScarney
  • ptys

I've played the PS3 demo and sure it looks maybe 5% slicker but no way compares to playing the first Mass Effect on 360. Plus it'll be nice for 360 owners to enjoy the visual step up when ME3 arrives.

Posted: December 31, 2010 4:27 PM
    ptys
  • DarkKirby2500

Some people have said it's "unfair" or "wrong" to include a maxed out PC version into the comparison. Exactly why is that? The point of the videos are not to make you feel better or worse about the system or game you purchased, it's to show you the differences the game has at its best on different platforms, and the PC is one of the platforms this game is on.

Posted: December 28, 2010 8:13 AM
    DarkKirby2500
  • applebook

To see noticeable differences, these clips have to be shot and shown in 720p each.

Posted: December 28, 2010 3:32 AM
    applebook
  • RYU158

Fast forward to 3:56. You will definitely be able to tell the difference there. On the PS3 his face looks a little yellow and on the Xbox 360 it looks tan and like a real skin color.

Posted: December 28, 2010 3:22 AM
    RYU158
  • ShinjiEx

Looks the same to me... PS3 however produces better dark texture rendering only thing I can notice

Posted: December 27, 2010 7:47 PM
    ShinjiEx
  • RadioactiveTaco779

Well, i suppose the colors are a bit more vibrant on the PS3, but apart from that, they look totally identical.

Posted: December 27, 2010 12:07 PM
    RadioactiveTaco779
  • erosennin987

they both look like they suck dick... such bad resolution. I've played better games, w/e...

Posted: December 27, 2010 11:28 AM
    erosennin987
  • greattom12

In HD, you can actually kinda tell that the PS3 is slightly more clear, but you can also tell that it doesnt have Anti-Aliasing, so it kind of balances out

Posted: December 27, 2010 10:05 AM
    greattom12
  • RandyMercer

I just played the Demo... Oh My God... Incredible in looks etc. LOVE EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN IN THE DEMO. I don't care what it looks better on. The game should be played by everyone, EVERYONE!!!

Posted: December 27, 2010 1:41 AM
    RandyMercer
  • FLS119

I honestly don't notice any differences. Sure, the PS3 may render it better, but that's about it. And the engine doesn't seem to be impressive. You would think for the ME3 engine it would be sharper, smoother, etc. Nope. I just hope for Bioware's sake that they improve it by a lot before it ships next year.

Posted: December 26, 2010 11:37 PM
  • NihilistZealot

Glad that BioWare is giving PS3 players the opportunity to play ME2. As far as graphics, @Crimsonzgig hit it on the head, PS3 has less lighting glare and darker shadows. But for the most part they're too similar to care, just like most multi-platform games. Personally, I think the PS3 version looks ever-so-slightly better than the 360. But seeing as how I own the latter, I wouldn't bother buying an entire console just to swap my library for arbitrary nonsense. I still want a PS3 for goddamn Uncharted, though [swoon].

Posted: December 26, 2010 9:42 PM
    NihilistZealot
  • MJimiD

You could tell me that all you did was turn up the gamma on the 360 and called it PS3 and I would take your word for it.

Posted: December 26, 2010 6:29 PM
    MJimiD
  • Crimsonzigig

The PS3 version has darker shadows and less (lighting) glare, while the 360 has more (lighting) glare and lighter shadows. Other than that they look the same, i'll have to play to give a more definitive comparison. (hopefully the PS3 v. will come w/ all the DLC's)

Posted: December 26, 2010 4:10 PM
    Crimsonzigig
  • sinewave

LOL 360 still looks better. Better lighting effects, reflections

Posted: December 26, 2010 12:36 PM
    sinewave
  • yeyo30

the thing here is this game wasn't made thinking about ps3 is just a generic so it will work on bout if you wan it to look good they got to do specific for ps3 so you ll see the difference like uncharted they dint make this game to make you say woooo they just made to sell they dint bother on go extra for ps3

Posted: December 26, 2010 12:05 PM
    yeyo30
  • umainebearman

There is no comparison between the PS3 version and the 360 version for 1 simple fact. No ME 1 import. PS3 doesn't have it so no matter how much "smoother" it is it loses

Posted: December 26, 2010 6:06 AM
    umainebearman
  • Dondead

Not big enough difference, I'll stick with my 360...

Posted: December 26, 2010 4:56 AM
    Dondead
  • kentla57

If Bioware had come out and said "Hey folks we brought ME2 up to PS3 standards" I would be fun to see a comparison.

Posted: December 26, 2010 4:49 AM