Sessler's Soapbox: Looking Forward to 2011

Posted: December 28, 2010
Sessler's Soapbox: Looking Forward to 2011
Adam talks about what he's excited to play in 2011 and what he sees happening in the gaming industry.

• PI55EDOFFSNIPER

I spent the first 20 sec watching the guy trying to play uncharted failing at climbing the train haha

Posted: March 1, 2011 9:33 AM
    PI55EDOFFSNIPER
  • kentla57

Yes I tend to agree. If games were released throughout the year I feel it would be better. We would have more money to spend on games. Instead of all bunched up at once. I have a funny feeling that Sony will come back with something better than what it has for motion controller. I hope anyway. Good luck with the predictions.

Posted: February 7, 2011 3:21 AM
    kentla57
  • Raytango

Downloadable Kinect games is the greatest Idea since sliced bread. We bought a Kinect we love it....when people come over to play. Otherwise My Xbox360 primarily plays "Normal" titles. I would like to see more content on the Kinect UI in the furture. Such as everything on the Dashboard can be accessed using the Kinect or the Controller.

Posted: January 28, 2011 6:27 AM
  • Targeted

rage gets my money cod might not.

Posted: January 27, 2011 8:36 PM
    Targeted
  • Heroin_of_Hyrule

The year just begain and already I want it to end.

Mass Effect 3

I can't wait to be Shepard. I Want Krogan Armies fighting for Earth.

Posted: January 17, 2011 1:08 PM
    Heroin_of_Hyrule
  • SolidMGSnake

I couldnt keep my eyes off the fail Uncharted 2 gameplay to the left xD

Posted: January 9, 2011 1:01 PM
    SolidMGSnake
  • G4Punisher1

I just hope saints row 3 and GTA:Vice City come out this year. Which both companies like to keep secrets until just a few months before release.

Posted: January 5, 2011 8:16 AM
  • coopa523

not to be mean but man whoever was playing Uncharted 2 in the background during this soapbox butchered the opening level pretty bad lol. I couldn't stop watching it

Posted: January 4, 2011 5:40 PM
    coopa523
  • mttmks

I have a few predictions for 2011:

My wallet is gonna be consistently empty so I will barely eat.

The local dumpsters will be considered "eating out" for me this year.

My closet will be vomiting games before Christmas.

My thumbs will need braces especially during the 4th QTR

I will have to buy a new controller before June.

Many video game sites, publications, reviewers, and anyone related to video game press will be
    needing to replace their keyboards, or whatever apparatus they use to post reviews, previews, etc.

My TV will blow up.

Al Gore will release a sequel to "An Inconvenient Truth" rescinding his theory about global warming and instead blame the video game console flameboys for global warming. XD

Posted: January 4, 2011 3:53 PM
    mttmks
  • Fragasm

I know nobody that comes to G4 plays PC games; they'd rather play on easy bake oven consoles. However; 2011 will be a good year for all platforms, especially PC. Deus Ex:Human Revolution, RIFT, TOR (The Old Republic)!, Possible Diablo 3 in Fall/Winter, Dungeon Siege 3, FireFall, Bulletstorm, Tera, COD8 -- the list goes on. Most, if not all, of the games releasing this year are coming to all platforms; and the PC platform is where they see their true potential.

Posted: January 3, 2011 6:25 PM
    Fragasm
  • dukeletoatreides

Well, Adam, most of what sells the best IS penis. Big hard penis. RAGE is one title I saw you droll over in your video preview, Adam, and if that's any indication, you love penis too. :-)

Posted: January 3, 2011 9:16 AM
    dukeletoatreides
  • Ghost2190

WoW he said "Penis" i was listening to this in my College's computer lab....the speakers were on

Posted: January 3, 2011 5:27 AM
    Ghost2190
  • Master-Omicon

Marvel VS Capsom 3 anybody? well i like it so yeah +1

Posted: January 2, 2011 9:34 PM
    Master-Omicon
  • F1MX

Wow, no one's yet mentioned marvel VS Capcom 3... guess I'm the only one who's excited for that one

Posted: January 1, 2011 1:42 PM
  • adama2008

I think motion control is good for Tiger Woods, Madden, MLB

Posted: December 31, 2010 6:37 PM
  • Spidey47

You forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of sequels coming out. Dead Space, Infamous, Crysis, Uncharted, Gears of War, Elder Scrolls, Marvel vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat, the list of sequels is huge. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for all of these, I just want some new original games as well. Rage is definitely one of my most anticipated for next year.

Posted: December 31, 2010 4:12 PM
    Spidey47
  • DukeOfNYaNumba1

I think you have a good point about how all these games releasing late 2011 could be a problem, even if they're all good games there could be a problem if they release around the same time, I think we saw this same problem in late 2008 when games like Dead Space, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet, Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Call of Duty WaW, etc,all released within a month of each other, I remember lots of these games getting quite favorable critical reception, lots of hype and marketing, but sales for some weren't so hot because of all the competition. I think the industry in general was quite aware of how these competing release dates in the holiday season hurt some projected sales, which is why I think holiday 2009 and 2010 was kind of dry in comparison, and why games were pushed back to early 2010 instead instead of releasing holiday 2009 (kind of ironic because since they all wanted to avoid a competitive release window many companies delayed to roughly the same time). Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what release dates publishers pick for their games in 2011, whether they'll spread them apart, or all shoot for the hot holiday release window, or will many publishers avoid competition with COD/MW and release in early 2012 instead.

Posted: December 30, 2010 3:04 PM
    DukeOfNYaNumba1
  • CMcCon342

Don't forget Crysis 2. That is looking sexy. It is sad that L.A Noir is the only AAA non-sequel coming out next year. Developers make one new IP per console generation and then stick with that. That is where we are right now. It is great and it is terrible, but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Posted: December 30, 2010 10:49 AM
  • marinecorec4

Well for all of the Kinect haters out there: If you haven't used the product and say it sucks, shut up. How can you just automatically say something sucks when you haven't even tried to use it? It's like looking at a computer, and saying it sucks, when you haven't even used it!

Posted: December 30, 2010 1:51 AM
  • kanabo master

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE JAN.11TH 2011.....The ERA of SONY has BEGUN !!!!!!!!!!......LONG LIVE SONY

Posted: December 29, 2010 8:57 PM