The First 15: Disney Epic Mickey

Posted: November 30, 2010
The First 15: Disney Epic Mickey
Mickey Mouse is waiting for you to take him on his most epic adventure yet. Come along as we give you the first 15 minutes of gameplay for Disney Epic Mickey.

• teac77

the mouse watches us all

Posted: December 5, 2010 7:21 AM
    teac77
  • Elliott_Ness

Just watched the Soapbox and now I've watched the first 15 mins this is some old school platforming and I can see what Adam means by it can be taxing in a good way, just by watching I was like "thin out the pipe that forms the seers, thin out that to see whats underneath." Three ways to fight enemies friend,erase or stun plus all decisions affect the world.

And that was just the first 15 LOL.

I can see a whole range of possiblities that these mechanics can be used for some interesting play, but I can't wait to see what they thought of that I did'nt. I'm definitely gonna buy......let me see where is that Wii???

Posted: December 1, 2010 7:40 AM
    Elliott_Ness
  • UBE_Chief

I think they might've been able to show off an additional 2-3 minutes if the guy playing this followed instructions instead of lumbering around.

ANYWAYS, I think the game itself looks good. I'm not that much of a Disney person (anymore), but this brings back memories of watching Mickey cartoons. Ah, the nostalgia...

They definitely made a good game for the Wii with Disney's Epic Mickey. If I had one (a Wii), I would buy it. Then again, I'm a 360/PS3 person :P

Posted: November 30, 2010 4:48 PM
  • ckthecerealkiller

Oh god.... Those cutscenes remind me of Zelda The Wand of Gamelon on the CD-I.... BAD MEMORIES!!!

The rest of the game looks good though.

Posted: November 30, 2010 2:42 PM
    ckthecerealkiller
  • Jordan2261x

Meh, no thanks. I'll pass on Super Mickey Sunshine. It doesn't look very entertaining to me and I just can't bring myself to enjoy anything I've played on the Wii lately, including Donkey Kong Country Returns. My Wii will likely just continue to collect dust.

Posted: November 30, 2010 1:05 PM
    Jordan2261x
  • Deckard

In my opinion, the game looks really fun. Shame on these spoiled brats who cling to their HD consoles and can't stand a little nostalgia (Oh my, I have to read something!). If Nintendo hadn't been there to pioneer the gaming movement, I doubt you would have your precious PS3 and Xbox 360. The G4 staff liked the game, BFD! If you don't like it, that's fine, but turning your nose up like your the Gaming God whose opinion is the only one that matters is insanely ignorant.

Posted: November 30, 2010 12:45 PM
  • oyummy

why just because some other person likes or reccomend a game because THEY!!! really enjoyed it/ has to be lable a pusher or etc? they are not forcing you to like the game/ they are just giving you an opinion about it. just like when some of you don't like the game for whatever reason, thats an opinion right?!. they are not being paid for anything! there were alot of games that were hyped up by the G4 staff and they gave it low scores WHY??? because they didn't like it! the same goes for epeic mickey!. if it was bad they would have said so!

Posted: November 30, 2010 10:49 AM
  • nvserg

looks nice, the only downside i have on this is why in the world are we still reading?? N64 i understand, but why is there close caption in 2010????? i think that is very cheesy. but the game play looks very very cool.

Posted: November 30, 2010 10:44 AM
    nvserg
  • Biergoggles

Why do half the users on this site think that G4 takes money hand over fist from publishers? You read any gaming magazine and the triple A titles get the feature pieces and longer previews and reviews than smaller games, simple fact. Just like any form of entertainment, sports, books, music, movies, etc. bigger names command more attention.

Posted: November 30, 2010 10:30 AM
    Biergoggles
  • CLFresh

Dang you guys are reallllly pushing this Epic Mickey game... Was the pay to promote it that good?
    Seriously though, it looks mediocre and not something I'll be dusting my Wii off for... Thank god my mom wants it for her house so I can get some money back from it lol

Posted: November 30, 2010 9:47 AM