Gran Turismo 5 vs. NFS Hot Pursuit Comparison Video

Posted: November 29, 2010
Gran Turismo 5 vs. NFS Hot Pursuit Comparison Video
GT5 or NFS Hot Pursuit? Which racing game takes first place when it comes to graphics, gameplay, and authenticity in cars? See for yourself as we put both games side by side.

• Stu_Ark

Theres one thing here that irritates me, and its knowing that NFS has managed to make a game look that good, and yet GT5 cant even make a generic in-car-view for standard cars, plus it irritates me that alot of the cars dont have as good a quality skins/reflections/decals as the premium cars, it seems that with some material programming and general copy and paste attitude they couldve created some sort of basic structure to make the cars easier to make look better. I dont want to play a game where its 50% Premium and 50% lower quality, its a EFFING game, in production for 5 years, it should be premium as standard, Chuck sake. Kinda unsure if i want this game now, but i will try it none the less if i get it for christmas.

Posted: December 14, 2010 9:35 AM
  • OG1-KENOBI

I have both games so I get the best of both worlds.

Posted: December 5, 2010 9:53 PM
    OG1-KENOBI
  • KhristianGillespie

Streetraces Vs PROracers in teams of fun and what is leagel.

Posted: December 5, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Jakcass47

well i think the point is that here are the 2 hottest driving games this holiday season so maybe this kind of comparrison could help somebody make a choice if they had 2 pick only 1. That being said the decision 2 show a typical race in HotPursuit against against an off road time trial in GT5 does little 2 accomplish that goal. Maybe the same guy who was driving in HotPursuit made that decision since his driving skills would on par with his decision making skills !!

Posted: December 5, 2010 2:06 PM
    Jakcass47
  • Matto2010

You can't compare the two games like that! You have GT5 on a rally car format and the other on a normal race setting. GT5 is way better in graphics and crashes (after you get to level 40) then NFS: HP. And NFS: HP has NOS on the cars which is stupid. I must admit that GT5's car list is a bit lame but I still think it is way better. It actually fells like you are driving the car and it has way more types of races eg. street, nascar, rally car ect. It also has way more tracks too I think.

I would personally rather GT5 over NFS: HP, but that is my personal oppinion.

Posted: December 4, 2010 1:17 AM
    Matto2010
  • ralphieb

Everyone please just relax!! G4 is just showing (comparing) the graphics for each of the games and some of the car physics. I know it says "comparison" in the title, so it can be a little confusing. If they were really comparing the games, not just the graphics for which this video is intended, don't you guys think there might be more than one feature/race? Think people!!

Posted: December 1, 2010 5:46 AM
    ralphieb
  • Sarkasmi

Yyyeah could you make a comparison between NHL 11 and FIFA 11 next?

You know, they're both sports, so it should suffice.

No but seriously, why bother even making such a comparison? Sure, you made GT5 look bad next to NFS: Hot Pursuit, so I guess that's something, but you could've at least compared the lame GT5 driving alone on a boring track to one of the time trials of NFS: HP..

Though I am surprised that NFS: Hot Pursuit actually looks waaay better graphically.

I thought that'd be impossible. GT5 just looks bland.. no clouds on the sky, boring terrain... I guess it'd be a totally different thing to see it in full 1080p on my TV though... So please, don't thumb down this comment just because I said something negative about GT5. I don't hate the game, just talking about this video here.

I'm sure GT5 is great though.. The video just.... meh.

Posted: December 1, 2010 1:27 AM
  • Muskiemazing

Your comparison is pathetic . Get the top notch car and track for GT5 ! Then compare . Not a fair comparison at all .

Very Biased ! B.S.

Posted: November 30, 2010 3:59 PM
    Muskiemazing
  • Thakker

Why did they even compare the two? It should be GT5 vs NFS Shift

Posted: November 30, 2010 3:51 PM
    Thakker
  • DarknessKingCoH

I seriously think that NFS looks a little cartoony with the screen whipping back when you use the nitrous because outside of a car you wouldn't see that, and clearly Gran Turismo 5 takes the cake, it just looks so real and not over-saturated.

Posted: November 30, 2010 2:35 PM
  • DTucker

I have read your comments and can understand your points on this comparison video. I did know that these two games were different, but the video is to help point out what kind of racing gamer you are. Don't worry though I will have another comparison video up putting GT5 and Forza 3 together for those who enjoy playing sim racing games.

Posted: November 30, 2010 11:04 AM
    DTucker
  • flocketoffel

why compare NSF race with GT5 timetrial with a singel car on gravel...... let�s compare the shuttle whit a sail plame

Posted: November 30, 2010 9:02 AM
  • AngelsandDemons

I swear there must be like three people actually working at G4...everyone else must be working from home as a part time job. The quality of recent posts demonstrates this.

Posted: November 30, 2010 8:09 AM
    AngelsandDemons
  • Blue_Vortex

Can't any of you people wait for forza 4 to come before they make a GT Forza comparison video, I mean forza 4 is only several months away from being released.

Posted: November 30, 2010 8:08 AM
    Blue_Vortex
  • endertwk

Why does everyone care so much that G4 decided to compare these two games in particular? ''eh there comparin' a sim to an arcade game :P '' Anyone that knows Gran Tourismo is aware of the fact that the game is packed with an ARCADE MODE!!!! SOOOOOOOOO....... The creators of GT open their game to such comparison by including this extension of gameplay. BOOO to all you fans of GT that have your heads so far up your arse that a simple comparison should shake you to your core. JUST GO PLAY YOUR SIM AND BE HAPPY THEY DIDNT TAKE ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO RELEASE IT.

Posted: November 30, 2010 7:30 AM
    endertwk
  • Prax150

This might actually be the stupidest thing posted on G4 this entire year. And I'm saying this after having suffered through a month of useless Black Ops stories and Kinect training videos.

Comparing an action racer to a sim game? Really?

It's a real shame Polyphony dropped the ball with all the delays, the game came out with almost no hype and AT THE END of arguably the best year ever for racing games. Modnation, Split/Second, Blur, NFS Hot Pursuit, and I'm probably missing a few. Sony didn't seem to have time to really hype it, come up with holiday bundles or anything of the sort other than a Kevin Butler ad, and it just kind of randomly hit shelves so it could be out for the holidays.

I think it will be a lasting hit and it will continue to sell for a long time... whether that means it will be on the NPCs past the first couple of months I don't know, but this could have been handled a lot better. Now we're stuck with useless comparisons.

Posted: November 30, 2010 7:14 AM
    Prax150
  • SilverJC

Are you F'ng serious!!!! Ones a action racer, the other is a Simulator.

WTF G4!!! there's nothing to compare, both are good in their on way!!!!!!

Posted: November 30, 2010 7:06 AM
    SilverJC
  • Mechfusion

For a game that was worked on for a lengthy period of time and delayed few more times, I must say they certainly didn't work up to my expectations. The images that they posted of the game looked amazing, but when I saw gameplay it looks like every other car game. The only difference being is the number of cars. I will admit that is definately a plus, but the graphics of the landscape are too plain and boring to look past. Need for Speed has dramatically stepped up from the rest of the Need For Speed titles and finally brought the series back to its former glory. The graphics are amazing, in game soundtrack is amazing and the cars look and feel awesome. Need For Speed wins in my opinion.

Posted: November 30, 2010 6:46 AM
    Mechfusion
  • weiyunchi

yeah i think i still pick burnout 3 takedown.

Posted: November 30, 2010 6:19 AM
    weiyunchi
  • EliteBAMF

OMG, YOU COMPAYRED 2 RACING GAMES? MIGHT AS WELL COMPAIR A BASKETBALL AND AN AIRPLAIN. HERP DERP

They're obviously not the same, in one game the person has fire coming out of their car. You're doing no one a favor by explaining that they have different mechanics, everyone gets that already. All you fangirls are just annoyed because the better game (NFS) looks way more fun.

Posted: November 30, 2010 5:17 AM