Feedback -- Holiday Guide 2010 Edition

Posted: November 24, 2010
Feedback -- Holiday Guide 2010 Edition
Adam Sessler, Abbie Heppe, Nikole Zivalich, and Stephen Johnson are the perfect people to help you buy gifts this holiday season, so this edition of Feedback takes advantage of our exquisite tastes! It's our holiday gift guide!

• PeterThePimp

epic

Posted: February 22, 2011 5:31 PM
    PeterThePimp
  • Slow_Cheetah

"I love my joints!" - Adam Sessler

Posted: December 3, 2010 10:56 AM
    Slow_Cheetah
  • Zatric

Nikole is absolutely unbearable. Every time she opens her mouth I cringe. I can't understand why anyone would think having her on the show is a good idea. It was apparent that even Abbie could stand her.

Posted: December 2, 2010 10:55 AM
    Zatric
  • vichussmith

Sessler! A REAL Pink hippo for you, mofo!

http://www.treehugger.com/pi nk-hippo-photo.jpg

They are rare, but they are REAL

Posted: December 2, 2010 6:14 AM
    vichussmith
  • DukeOfDownTown

Hey, Adam! It was really awesome of you to open up like that and share something so personal. After hearing you say that brief statement about how you're family is still affected I realised, Yeah, the Nazi's may be considered over and done with; but what they did isn't.

Posted: December 1, 2010 10:20 AM
    DukeOfDownTown
  • EarlNimbud

I'm hoping that the delay in Portal 2 is to shorten the time between its release and Half-Life 2 Episode 3.
    I'm glad that Insomniac is still making Ratchet & Clank games, but I wish that we were seeing more from Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch in way of Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper games respectively. I know that the Jak trilogy was completed on the PS2...and then Jak X came out; and I believe there are rumors of Sly 4 for the PS3 on the horizon, but all 3 are exceptional franchises from the Playstation 2 that I would love to see continued with the new hardware available. I do support these developers for branching out with new franchises (Resistance, Uncharted, and Infamous respectively), but I think it's important to point out that all 3 of these new franchises seem to have more of the tone that other games have now-a-days (darker, grittier, and bullets), I just miss the old days of Ratchet running into The Mathematician, Daxter searching for a nice pair of pants, and my parents walking in to see me watching a raccoon lock lips with a fox.

Posted: November 29, 2010 8:38 AM
  • PennStater

Is it me or does Feedback seem to be the only podcast in the G4TV.com Web Shows list that doesn't get posted to iTunes at least once a month? All of the others seem to be there week after week, but Feedback gets skipped on a regular basis.

What gives, guys?

Posted: November 28, 2010 9:35 PM
    PennStater
  • Bacbi

I really reailly hate to be this guy but only Halo Reach and Fable 3? Umm Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake?

Posted: November 28, 2010 4:13 PM
    Bacbi
  • AbusiveUseofFantasy

I said, "I love Adam," out loud three times during this Feedback. Great comments!

Sovs, the PS3 is definitely worth a purchase. There's a great back catalogue of games, Blu-ray, and Sony is touting that it will have a 10 year life cycle just like the PS2. So, you've got 6 more years of gaming goodness. Plus, 2011 will see the release of the Team ICO Collection and, hopefully, The Last Guardian. Reasons enough to own the system!

Posted: November 28, 2010 4:11 PM
    AbusiveUseofFantasy
  • Sovs

Would you guys recommend buying a PS3 at this point? Please no fanboyism. I know I'm really late but I wanted to know ow much longer its lifespan is gonna be

Posted: November 28, 2010 1:39 PM
    Sovs
  • CenturionX

Glad to see MAG is still on people's minds.
    MAG had many things working against it mostly lack of advertising and a steeper learning curve.Mics are essential yet they were not packaged like socom confrontation and warhawk before it, lack of standardized proper leadership training.
    If you are thinking about getting mag realize that it requires teamwork and you should get a mic or at the least listen to your leaders. its going to be painful starting as a new player but if you stick to it the game opens up into one of the best FPS experiences you have played.Try to join a clan, you can find clans by going to the Mag.com forum section under clan discussions
    MAG is not without its problems and its playerbase is smaller than most similar genre games, sabotage (32 v32) will launch fast Domination (128 vs 128) will have a longer queue time. in terms of purchased DLC escalation is the better of the two in terms of value for money plus avalability of matches.
    MAG is a greatest hits now and has Move support (http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=XFk0D5AxoHE) which i find many journalists forgetting

finally i will leave you with this.
    this should have been the only ad for MAG and there should have been more intense marketing (http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Gq0N_rBjnuk ) a trailer written by gamers themselves.

search up youtube for gameplay vids from players like gerbischon, str8dumpin-smf, ignraptor to see what mag is. the clips shown in this feedback look like beta or e3 clips.

Posted: November 28, 2010 1:06 PM
    CenturionX
  • The_101st

Stephen Johnson is freaking hilarious!

Posted: November 28, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Sally Wong

I personally thought " Stephen Johnson's " 2010 Holiday Gift Guide, was absolutely fantastic, and is one of the best presentations on G4TV this year.

Well done, " Stephen Johnson ", and " Best Wishes ", and a " Merry Christmas " to you and all your family. I have enjoyed all your editorials in 2010.

Love and Kisses : Sally Wong :

Posted: November 28, 2010 10:40 AM
    Sally+Wong
  • mosesbustos

hot new panelist!! woot!

Posted: November 27, 2010 10:25 PM
  • defiredude

So I am just wondering but Nazi symbols Nazi groups are all legal in the US because they are protected by the constitution whether we like it or not, then why can private companies do it? This doesn't really have to do with games but just everything as a whole.

Posted: November 27, 2010 10:17 PM
    defiredude
  • rikkuster

Feedback: Award-winning AND sponsored.

Awesome show everyone. I always have a smile on my face whenever I watch Feedback. Always. Thanks you, G4.

Posted: November 27, 2010 8:53 PM
    rikkuster
  • Ewok_Killer

thanks cinco

Posted: November 27, 2010 7:14 PM
  • henoch44

Red Dead Redemption is not on PC. There was a clip that said it was during the show.

You guys really don't care for PC releases other than MMO's I guess because You would have known this.

Posted: November 27, 2010 4:32 PM
    henoch44
  • SergeantConley

Gah, I'm an idiot. Posted my question in the wrong place.

I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, I'll be right back.

Posted: November 27, 2010 10:37 AM
    SergeantConley
  • SergeantConley

I was shown a forum post on another website where someone pointed out interviews with Activision head honcho Robert Kotick regarding various ways of taking more and more of his customers' money. I'd post a link, but I don't know if that would work on this site's comment system.

First, Kotick mentions his dream of making Call of Duty a subscription-based game in June. Then in another interview in July, he says that Activision did not receive any cut of Xbox Live subscriptions, even though he'd "heard that 60 per cent of [Microsoft s] subscribers are principally on Live because of Call Of Duty." Then in August, the $10 annual price increase was announced for Xbox Live, and in a recent interview on November 12, Kotick said that Activision "enjoys a very modest amount of the subscription fees." Just twelve days later, an Activision spokesman said in an interview that the publisher would "never, ever charge for the multiplayer."

The post was intellectually presented, and though reminiscent of a conspiracy theory, it's main idea seems like a legitimate possibility to me: that Activision has worked out a deal with Microsoft to get a cut of the Live subscription fees. Another poster in the thread provided a quote from a GamesRadar interview where an Xbox Live spokesman mentions the justifications for the price increase, and the first thing he mentions is Xbox Live receiving Call of Duty map packs significantly earlier than Playstation Network.

A lot of it (maybe even all of it) is coincidental, sure, but if it's true, it would mean that every Xbox Live subscriber is paying an additional ten bucks so that Call of Duty players can get their maps earlier on Live, whether they play the games themselves or not. It also means Activision has found a way to not just leech more coinage out of its Call of Duty fanbase, but every single player on the entire service.

Do you, the Feedback panel, think this could be a legitimate backstage deal? If so, what other steps do you think Activision would take to keep the price increase "justified" when the early-DLC deal expires in 2012? If you don't think it's a legitimate deal, how do you think they went from receiving no cut of Live subscriptions in June to getting their own slice of the pie in November?

Posted: November 27, 2010 10:29 AM