Star Wars: The Old Republic Crew Skills Trailer

Posted: November 18, 2010
Star Wars: The Old Republic Crew Skills Trailer
Discover a new layer of depth and progression with the reveal of Crew Skills in this trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• Bonzoso21

I'm pretty excited for TOR. The whole MMO genre has been flooded and stagnant for long enough that it's great to see an accomplished developer of single-player RPGs taking a lot of what is offered in those western RPGs and putting it to work in an MMO setting with thousands of players. Sure, MMO purists may despise TOR, but I know plenty of MMO players who've grown just as jaded with the cookie-cutter MMO template as I have and will surely enjoy their time with TOR, whether that time is several years or 6 months. There was never any reason to expect that Ray and Greg would put out just another MMO from the Blizzard/NCsoft/SOE/Turbine/Fu ncom mold, anyway. BioWare knows what it does well, and they're just going to do that on a larger scale this time around.

Posted: November 20, 2010 10:56 AM
    Bonzoso21
  • Skodmunk

Getting rid of the grind ?? About time.

Posted: November 19, 2010 5:58 AM
    Skodmunk
  • CujoSWAoA

Can I wear normal clothing in this game? Do I have to walk around wearing the dumbest looking armor ever imagined? Meh.

Posted: November 19, 2010 1:27 AM
    CujoSWAoA
  • DrowNoble

Hmm this crafting idea seems good unless they take it too far. Anything that I craft or scavenge should be better than anything my crew does. If not, there will be no point in ME doing anything as I can just click a button and have an npc do it for me.

The graphics don't bother me they look good enough to get the job done. Sure games like EQ2 and AoC have better graphics, but that means higher-end PC's needed and framerate issues if you turn on all the pretty graphics. I'd rather good graphics and good framerates than great graphics and poor framerates.

Posted: November 18, 2010 6:42 PM
    DrowNoble
  • BoydofZINJ

The more I see SWTOR the more I dread it. I have a funny feeling about it. The graphics look subpar. Games like Rift Planes of Telara and Tera seem to have better graphics. The graphics seem very very VERY bland. The ability to have these NPC pets can do everything for you? Missions, quests, diplomacy, earn money and rewards, earn points for dark and/or light side, craft, harvest, and even help kill and heal you? SHOOT. Why join a party when my pet NPC can do it for me, and is less of a talker and does not need to go on BIO brakes?

EZMODE at its finest.

Posted: November 18, 2010 6:26 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • obvious2me

Yay! Personalized bots. Epic.

Posted: November 18, 2010 6:24 PM