Diablo III Gameplay Preview

Posted: December 13, 2010
Diablo III Gameplay Preview
In this Diablo III preview, Morgan Webb visits with Game Director Jay Wilson for an early look at the new skill and Runestone systems and how they'll affect the series' ever evolving gameplay in Blizzard's upcoming Diablo entry.

Games in this Video:

Diablo 3 (PC)

• markiboi

Damn, I've been waiting for this game for god knows how long.
    I'm positive blizzard do not employ idiots who would actually ruin the game for us. I mean SC2 turned out nice, right?

I just hope to god that the character slots would still be unlimited and not locked on just 3 or 9...
    Wishful thinking if there would be LAN, right?

Posted: March 27, 2011 12:38 AM
    markiboi
  • Lacheris74

@pplkiller

While I agree with you that D3 shouldn't be WoW wrapped up in a devil box, I have to say that the fact that I will be guaranteed loot for my time is somewhat...handy. I hate fighting an hour long boss just to lose out on the only piece of gear I need to complete my t23409723 set. it's annoying and frankly it pisses me off, whether my friends do it or some random ahole. Secondly, concerning 'skill trees', I rather like the fact that it will be simple. I don't want to have to spend countless hours looking up stats and skill progression 'recommendations' to get the best character I possibly can, I would rather just play and make choices which make sense. I.E. "I want my fireball to hit 3x as hard...rank Fireball to 3.", that makes sense, I don't want to have to rank up imp fire wielding combined with summon fire demon mixed with 2 ranks of thorns (or something random) all of which I have to look online for or pay for some 'manual' to even realize what to do. So while I understand your frustration in that D3 looks like it may become 'childish', I do like some of the WoW styled factors they are putting in. Hardcore or not, you can't argue the fact that World of Warcraft is successful as hell.

Just saying...

Posted: January 6, 2011 11:42 PM
  • Targeted

yes! more zombie bears!!!

Posted: November 30, 2010 8:08 PM
    Targeted
  • EveningStar

To Morgan Webb

Ever since I saw you Maxim layout I have wanted you to come to my house.

Posted: November 16, 2010 10:38 AM
    EveningStar
  • EveningStar

@crocodilius

pplkiller has played WOW obviously you didn't read his comment. I also have played WOW and stopped a while back 1) Because I got tired of paying a monthly fee 2) I have a real issue with go and kill 10 monster quests WOW will probably be the game of the decade but it is really not that great a game.

@pplkiller

I would like to thank you for a good post many who post here do not justify their claims. Thank You. I have been looking forward to D3 but now I am questioning it. The worst thing I heard was the simplified skill tree. The whole point of diablo was that you had to actually think about what skill path to take otherwise...

Posted: November 16, 2010 10:36 AM
    EveningStar
  • crocodilius

lol another guy dissing WoW whos never played it
    yep, Diablo3 is WoW just as much as WoW is from Diablo2
    aka: BLIZZARD

ps: try WoW, theres hundreds of free 15 day passes out there
    its all changing soon anyway ;D

Posted: November 12, 2010 11:08 AM
    crocodilius
  • pplkiller

If u like my previous post pls show it by giving it a thumbs up. Really hopin someone from Blizz sees the comments and takes them serisouly!!!!

Posted: November 11, 2010 1:32 PM
    pplkiller
  • pplkiller

I still play D2 Lod (best game ever made in the history of games), have played wow up to lvl 50 shammy (hate the game), played star craft (decent but not worth the 59.99 to play new version). Now blizzard wants to produce a new Diablo title with all the features of WoW. I was so excited about D3 when I heard it was coming out but now with all these "ideas" they are putting into that game starting to realize it s going to blow.... No one wants to just see the gear that drops for them they want to compete for it, steal it, and trade for it. Blizzard is simply trying to control the in-game market with most of these concepts they say it s so the market wont fluxuate, but the Diablo 2 market doesn't change much and how long has it been around (I still play it that s how I know maybe someone working on D3 should play D2 a for a min to get the feal). I hate every char in the game is going to end up wearing pieces for his/her class with little or no variance. The skill system sounds like just another area where your not going to have options. It s a total flop every single area of this game has been about how blizzard wants to make it not about the player at all. No one wants you to make Wow all over again with the word Diablo on the box. We want the real deal no filters, no non-trade able items (so u have to buy from blizzard store or farm same area for 10 years), and defiantly not a skill selection that a 5 year old can master after a brief glance. We want this game to be the same with better graphics that s it. I want a free roaming world where I can kill zombies and goblins with my friends and steal their loot if they are slow on the clicker. I want a free to play game with no non-trade able loot. Every single announcement blizzard has come out with makes me hate the game even more. It s crazy that BLIZZARD could screw a game up this bad with 10 years to develope it. This game is not supposed to be all easy for the player and such. Your making Diablo!!!!!!! Not pokemon!!!!!!! Oh and more than 5 chars by its launch date I don t want to have to pay for 15 expansion packs either. Bliz I don t want to hate on u but I do want d3 to be playable and currently it s not going to be .

Posted: November 11, 2010 1:02 PM
    pplkiller
  • hoof_hearted4

i just hope its as dark as the first one. between the music, the setting and everything. walking through the jails and everything seeing corpses and torture devises and on and on, really set a setting unique to Diablo and i hope they bring it back and not sensor it up or anything.

Posted: November 11, 2010 11:49 AM
    hoof_hearted4
  • ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

I loved the first 2 games and i will buy the third on day one. I still to this day play diablo 2 from time to time. Hopefully this comes out next year!

Posted: November 10, 2010 10:19 PM
    ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
  • 2ply

Yeah, better gameplay, but dumbed down character developement with WoW inspired simplicity (linear stat distribution). One of those things should matter more to any diehard Diablo fan.

Sorry but the changes being made to my most beloved rpg series is all too much to bare, and i've been waiting nearly half my life for this things, that is.. until they finally started with the new announcements.

Can say I belong on the short bus now, that doesn't change how badly butchered I feel this game is. Judging from what they consider to be new and improved features alone, should be enough for any Diablo fan to question the path D3 is headed for.

Posted: November 10, 2010 9:50 PM
    2ply
  • DIETY

Ill invite you too my house, but not for a slap to the face HAHA

Posted: November 10, 2010 9:16 PM
    DIETY
  • crocodilius

i agree, if you dont play Diablo you deserve a slap in the face, but also, youre probably that stupid so i enjoy you not ruining my game.

Posted: November 10, 2010 8:21 PM