How To Setup Kinect For Xbox 360

Posted: November 8, 2010
How To Setup Kinect For Xbox 360
Setting up your Kinect for your Xbox may be new to you, but learn how to setup your Kinect in a way that will provide your gaming in a safe and fun environment. Dana Vinson, our Kinect expert, will guide you through the setup menu with ease.

• MJH243

"Xbox... Avatar Editor" -- *nothing* -- "And, as you can see, it's launching the Avatar Editor"

Also, even though Dana did mention the amount of movement needed to set-up Kinect ID, there's absolutely no way they would've posted the actual amount of time it to to completely set it up... It would've been the same length as Sessler's Soapbox on Sequel Fatigue.

Of course, setting up Kinect ID is a "one-and-done" ordeal, but I'm sure everyone noticed the message explaining to complete Kinect ID set-up again at different times of the day.

I'm just saying...

Posted: November 9, 2010 9:02 PM
    MJH243
  • Tmidiman

Cool, I could see how this would be needed, but itbwould be better to show what it can do. People are floored when they see that once the 360 is on you don't have to touch a single button! It's all hands free.

Very futuristic!

Posted: November 9, 2010 5:36 PM
    Tmidiman
  • ImpurestCrowd

2 Things: 1) Typical casual gamers don't even know about G4 or care to so the money MS paid to them is in vain. Casual gamers are what the Kinect are aimed for. and 2) Do you really blame Direct TV for dropping them from there broadcaster list, I can see more cable and satellite providers dropping them.

Posted: November 9, 2010 12:08 PM
    ImpurestCrowd
  • business_casual_gamer

wait... How did she know I had a coffee table?.... hmmmmm

Posted: November 9, 2010 11:58 AM
    business_casual_gamer
  • deathbydecay

can we get past the fanboy stuff? seriously...sometimes i feel like im surrounded by children on here...each system has their pros and cons. i personally prefer ps3 because it has franchises i prefer and free multiplayer.so please...stop talking smack.

Posted: November 9, 2010 11:25 AM
    deathbydecay
  • sinewave

@dpsx7 GTFO dude. Can't you take the hint that your comments always get thumbed down?? No one even remotely agrees with what your saying. Your just an ignorant troll relentlessly posting retarded comments

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:54 AM
    sinewave
  • JohnnyBuku

LOL - the world might be better served if G4 instead posted a condom-how-to video which would hopefully reduce the chance of some of the fanboy posters from unintentionally breeding... Might be overkill given that they would have to find a girl first.

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:53 AM
    JohnnyBuku
  • blueboykc

secretly the sony fanboys are thanking you for this..now they can secretly buy kinect and can actually use it..

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:50 AM
    blueboykc
  • Tim_1138

Dear G4,
    I am jealous of the positive reviews this device is getting, and am angry because I have invested in a competing technology and I'm stubborn. Please stop giving attention to something popular, and vindicate my position.

Irrational Fanboy.

(btw, Irrational Fanboy is my Bel Biv Devoe cover band.)

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:34 AM
    Tim_1138
  • CareyGrant

Yeah, color me confused. It's like that part in one of those Star Trek movies (forget which one), where Kirk asks, "what does God need with a starship?"

Everything I've read or heard about Kinect, on this site at least, talks about how idiot proof or easy to set up it is compared to others. OK then, why do we need a video telling and showing us how to set up Kinect?

Are the public that stupid? Is it truly not that easy to set up? Or...? I won't outright call this advertising from M$, but color me confused.

I don't remember the Wii or Move getting this treatment.

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:33 AM
    CareyGrant
  • Wandrecanada

I hope G4 keeps Dana on as the Kinexpert on staff since I always enjoy what she has to say! The Kinect talk about segment with Abbie was one of the best discussion segments I've seen. Thanks for some great video content Dana!

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:24 AM
    Wandrecanada
  • BONERJAM

Settledown everyone this isn't the end of the world.

Anyway, at first glance I thought that was Tina Fey.

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:10 AM
    BONERJAM
  • JustTheBeginning

Ironically the add-on that is "so much easier and user friendly" gets the set up video and the "not so user friendly" add-on doesn't.

Nice logic there G4 -_-

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:08 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • DPsx72

Nope. Next will be a CoD setup guide, and then a lack of all news stories until someone else sends G4 a care package.

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:07 AM
    DPsx72
  • MJH243

Should I be expecting a Playstation Move set-up guide now or what???

Posted: November 9, 2010 9:59 AM
    MJH243
  • McBeesj

my wife put our coffee table in a closest after we got Kinect, my kids are loving it and everyone is amazed by it, now I just need to buy more game

Posted: November 9, 2010 9:58 AM
    McBeesj
  • cardinalsfan1122

Ok so you guys when talking about kinect pointed out how easy it is to setup yet we need a video? And just a little comment the first voice command for the avatar editor seeming like it had some lag is that reading the voice command or is it just taking that long to load?

Posted: November 9, 2010 9:55 AM
    cardinalsfan1122
  • DPsx72

Really? REALLY? I don't think it's fanboyism anymore, G4 is just doing this to be stupid. Nobody wanted or asked for a setup video. The Kinect doesn't even work right, what good is this article other than to fill that daily quota of 'let's screw with the visitors'?

Posted: November 9, 2010 9:46 AM
    DPsx72
  • applebook

Microsoft must have sent G4 some lovin' for its ridiculously positive review ;)

Posted: November 8, 2010 8:58 PM