The MMO Report: Blizzcon 2010 Special

Posted: October 28, 2010
The MMO Report: Blizzcon 2010 Special

• DrowNoble

I keep hearing so much about the 1-60 content, but Blizzard is oddly quiet about the 60-80 content. If I level to 60 in the new azeroth only to have to grind through the same ol' outland and then same ol' northrend I'm going to be very disappointed.

This is why I'm not getting Cataclysm when it comes out. I'm going to wait and read reviews and hear about the mid-high ranges 1st.

Posted: November 4, 2010 2:00 PM
    DrowNoble
  • Erebus890

I really could care less about WoW. Yeah, that's right I said it! SWTOR is where it's at.

Posted: October 31, 2010 3:56 AM
    Erebus890
  • ShdwFox

I have to completely disagree with the developer's take on the Lich King's appearances in WotLK while your early questing. The few times I saw him visit the character just made me feel detached from the game. While I felt like confrontation would defiantly be in the Lich King's nature, he was never violent, destructive, or exceptionally evil in any of confrontations. I was more than expecting something along the lines of the Lich King killing your character outright (I literally do mean a graveyard respawn). This certainly would have been better than him doing harmless trash talk and then teleporting away like a sissy; which is completely out of character. I would have even been fine if he teleported out, and then left a frost wyrm mini-boss behind that would completely demolish a quest hub. Pretty much anything that was devastating from a player's perspective and more in line with the Lich King's character would have been great.

However, with all that being said, I'm actually interested in what they'll do with Deathwing. Deathwing, randomly swooping down and burning stuff to the ground, sounds very in line with his character. I can see this happening because pretty much storyline wise since he's just plain insane or doing the will of the titans at this point. But in the same regard to Lich King issue, I'm really hoping this fire isn't just for show and that we'll see some actual impacts from it. Something other than leaving behind flames which hurt you for ten damage a second if you stand in it. Maybe destroy some buildings, burn trees, kill some random npcs with it; something to that nature.

Posted: October 31, 2010 3:03 AM
    ShdwFox
  • Destrina

I think the girl who made the Nelf Drood is one of my friends.

Posted: October 30, 2010 4:37 AM
  • Tauntsauce

GC's shirt crits you for OVER 9000!

Posted: October 29, 2010 5:10 PM
    Tauntsauce
  • Nathiest

Worgens? They're human. Well since they are more like humans, humans, humans, humans. Alliance got ripped off once again! lol at all the poor bored people walking around in disarray.

"mm.. yea I played it.. it was ok." WOW! Makes me want to play it right now!!! lol

Posted: October 29, 2010 11:49 AM
    Nathiest
  • Nathiest

wait they add hookers there this year? son of a winch!

Posted: October 29, 2010 11:39 AM
    Nathiest
  • vingjoo

Looks like BlizzCon is gonna totally ROCK this year! Wow.

www.anonymize.it.tc

Posted: October 29, 2010 11:25 AM
    vingjoo
  • Jangosagony

2:25

That girl had me entranced up until she uttered the words "Night Elf Druid". Now i dream of encountering her in a contested zone on my rogue.

Proud member of the Horde, (LOK'TAR OGAR)

Posted: October 29, 2010 7:15 AM
    Jangosagony
  • ikestir

Would gladly trade you my 4 level 80 wow characters casey for one week of honest coverage of ff14. Theres alot of wow fan boys bashing a new game thats trying to do some new stuff. Yeah they have bugs but most games have bugs these days when they release there fixing them. Plus i've never seen wow in all my years give everyone a free month of play while they fix things. Yes they have screwed things up that bad and generally they where like let us give ur characters so more rest.

Posted: October 29, 2010 5:38 AM
  • Krogoth117

Lol Pause at 2:53

Looks like Bolvar is gett'n head.

Posted: October 28, 2010 11:19 PM
    Krogoth117
  • TheMilkMonster

So as a goblin do you get to keep your car throughout the entire starting zone?

Posted: October 28, 2010 8:47 PM
  • teac77

wish my computer could have supported patch 4.0.3 :'(

Posted: October 28, 2010 7:46 PM
    teac77
  • That_Dan_Guy

Man I saw that ghost chick around, she was f-ing amazing! But not as amazing as tenacious d and the 1500 HD wide screen cameras floating around, holy international broadcast bonanza bat-thrall! I hope I look good in 1080p, 1080i always makes me look fat.

Posted: October 28, 2010 7:18 PM
  • Proxyfive

OMG!! Nicole the Starcraft ghost is so sexy!

Posted: October 28, 2010 6:38 PM
    Proxyfive
  • BoydofZINJ

Casey do me a favor and add Leah Jackson as a guest host.

Posted: October 28, 2010 6:19 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • AnonymouZero

was there a female making a gesture of giving head to the lich king? i lul'd

Posted: October 28, 2010 5:51 PM
    AnonymouZero
  • ossiss

bah... nothing but fruity elves, dogs, and whorde. no love for the dwarves?

We are Delzoun and proud!

Posted: October 28, 2010 5:48 PM
    ossiss
  • Raisinbman

Lol, inbreeding Casey? lmao.

Posted: October 28, 2010 4:41 PM