Fallout: New Vegas Comparison PS3/Xbox 360 Video

Posted: October 25, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas Comparison PS3/Xbox 360 Video
If you need to know which console you want to buy Fallout: New Vegas for, then look no further as we help you make that tough decision in our Fallout: New Vegas comparison video for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

• danielb8219

Whenever multiplat games are compaired and Ps3 ends up looking better than xbox, here comes the xboxs fanboys. This comparison is stupid and not fair, BOO HOO CRY BABY CRY. The brightness has been tampered with on the xbox side, BOO HOO CRY BABY CRY. Nothing has been tampered with, that the xbox for ya.

Posted: November 24, 2010 5:52 PM
    danielb8219
  • inboundscorpion

xbox 360 was a lil lighter than ps3 but XBOX 360 IS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN PS3.PS3 SUCKS.SCREW PS3. even though i have one.

Posted: November 2, 2010 1:58 PM
    inboundscorpion
  • Addor

What a bunch on idiots.

I own both systems, and there won't be much difference. It's clearly just an issue with brightness levels.

Posted: November 1, 2010 5:27 AM
    Addor
  • AWESOMEgamer875

OK, PS3 looked better than 360. Even if the brightness setting was different. We all know that the PlayStation is always better, not only with all games, but especially the ones that have the dark eerie feeling, such as Fall Out and Bioshock 2.

Posted: November 1, 2010 3:29 AM
    AWESOMEgamer875
  • LeithIves

No diff apart from contrast

Posted: October 31, 2010 9:52 PM
  • amethystvenom

Seen it on both and ps3 by far. xbox is a entry level system still imo. I know lots argue that but ms should have at least known to go with bluray. I don't hate on ms, I think xbox is a great intro gaming system but if you want to step it up it's with ps3. Most games show this and the exclusives show this by far.

Posted: October 31, 2010 8:35 PM
  • HE1RO

i dont think anyone on here knows anything about either of the systems because both the 360 and the ps3 fans both say that each has better black and better anti aliasing and pretty much better everything.

Posted: October 31, 2010 12:40 PM
    HE1RO
  • NoBodysGamer

Im sorry but the person who did this comparison is a moron, out of 7 minute trailer, 5 minutes he compared one pre-recorded movie to another.

Everything before you talk to doc is just a movie file.

Posted: October 27, 2010 5:44 PM
    NoBodysGamer
  • Krypton

Personally, I think it looks great on both consoles. However all 3 versions of the game are suffering from bugs, glitches, freezes and game ending issues. So basically the losers this time around, are the players regardless of their platform of choice.

Posted: October 27, 2010 2:52 PM
    Krypton
  • madhatter81

the black levels are crazy different at 1:30 and 4:35.. whats up with that?

Posted: October 27, 2010 10:28 AM
    madhatter81
  • RickyRevolver

I love how they bash the PS3 version of Fallout 3 and gave it a lower score then the 360. Now, New Vegas is out and the version with the blur is the 360, and yet the get the same score?

If anything, this shows how much of 360 fanboys G4, IGN, Gamespot are... Just Saying.

Posted: October 26, 2010 4:14 PM
    RickyRevolver
  • CRaftsman1459

Considering that Fallout New Vegas's graphics are the same as Fallout 3, and that they were never stellar to begin with...I'd say they are the same. Solitaire on an iMac and Solitaire on a my PC running Vista are going to run the same. Fallout isn't really the kind of game to test which console has better visuals.

Posted: October 26, 2010 3:52 PM
    CRaftsman1459
  • that_sterlin_kid

It looks like they took a lot more time enhancing the PS3 version of the game than they did with Fallout 3. Being someone who owns the PS3 version and not the 360 version at the moment (I had both versions of Fallout 3)... I would say that they have made a big improvement. The PS3 version is a lot more polished and sharp, while the 360 version of the game has a higher brightness and more depth (you can see further away). I honestly don't care because I will own both versions soon anyways, but facts are facts I suppose.

Posted: October 26, 2010 2:51 PM
    that_sterlin_kid
  • saulpimpson

They look about the same... as Fallout 3. Get over it. For a game with a super outdated engine I can't believe there is even a comparison video. At this point it's sort of like comparing Peggle on the 2 systems.

I will say that this game looks like Fallout 3 should have looked on the PS3 but didn't.

Posted: October 26, 2010 1:12 PM
    saulpimpson
  • mg.Spectre

PS3 seems darker because it renders truer blacks than the 360 graphics processor. PS3 also has better texture filtering and anti-aliasing abilities.

Posted: October 26, 2010 12:37 PM
  • Techie

Its hard to say..Theres some scenes the PS3 is better at and some where the Xbox looks better. I agree the brightness on the Xbox is higher than the PS3 so that has effect.
    Darker scenes PS3, Light Xbox

Posted: October 26, 2010 11:11 AM
    Techie
  • Irshizzle

Lower the brightness setting on the 360 version and you'll see that both games look exactly the same.

Posted: October 26, 2010 10:25 AM
    Irshizzle
  • camaro72toy

This game sucks, Iwant to like it soooo bad, but the cold reality is that it is super boring and such a small area, just takes forever to walk. This game sucks.

Posted: October 26, 2010 9:14 AM
    camaro72toy
  • BigPoppaChunk

these are default settings on the same tv the systems are different, the onle only difference can be fixed in the settings . so what did this teach us not much.

how about load times ,frame rate stutters and pop ups crashing and clipping.

example red dead on on my lg lcd 720p 1080i 32 in tv default looks better on xbox rather then ps3

but when my wife leaves and i get to use the good tv sony 50 in lcd 1080p red looks way better on ps3 then xbox on default. but,bottom line after tweaking the settings i can make them look really close to the same so looks means nothing to me.

so g4 when you do this stuff do it on the in game things that affect the play.

ie if i had my choice of twin model hottie's and it was based on looks not personality { games } it would be more important to me, to know which one has the SIFILIS. { how does she handle }

Posted: October 26, 2010 6:09 AM
    BigPoppaChunk
  • Jackal904

I could only see a notable difference in the first part of the opening cutscene where the camera flies through the strip.

Posted: October 26, 2010 5:49 AM