X-List: Top 5 Hardest NES Games

Posted: October 21, 2010
X-List: Top 5 Hardest NES Games
Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb count down our top 5 most infuriatingly difficult games for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

• AlecEggleston

Ya know another one you left out of the vault was "Trojan". I still remember renting that from Safeway when game rentals first came out and that one was murderous. I still remember that Battletoad surf sequence was no walk in the park either but I polished it off as well as the game (no cheating either) But Ghosts and goblins was another story entirely, too frustrating to count the ways, and ninja gaiden should`ve made the cut guys. First game of it`s genre to have cut scenes and good ones at that. Would`ve liked to know where you ranked Bayou Billy, still get nostalgic beating Deliverance back water wannabes over the head wit my ugly stick, well there`s my two cents, those be fun times.

Posted: October 29, 2010 2:01 PM
    AlecEggleston
  • domino76

How is Ninja Gaiden not on this list? That game was friggin impossible to beat even with a Game Genie.

Posted: October 25, 2010 2:54 PM
    domino76
  • nympho1ninja6

ahhhh battles toads....why not just steal my childhood all together.

Posted: October 24, 2010 4:40 PM
  • crazyfooinc

Battletoads oh Battletoads O_O

Posted: October 24, 2010 12:46 PM
    crazyfooinc
  • sy_cred

BATTLETOADS!!!!!!! ARRRRRR that game nearly broke my gaming spirit. It made me feel inadequate. Till I stomped on it with my spiked boot.

Posted: October 21, 2010 7:55 PM
    sy_cred
  • johnsprogram

There are several more games that are difficult to me...
    #1 - Time Lord - No continues means that if you lose all of your lives, you have to start all over again. The time constraint is annoying enough, but the amigo boss in Round 2 just can't seem to die.
    #2 - Treasure Master - I respect that the game was designed for a contest, but shouldn't it be a bit easier for the players to win the game so they could be entered to the contest? No? Okay...
    #3 - Captain Planet and the Planeteers - Yea, not a good game completely. Having to tie your ammunition to your health bar is DUMB. Oh, and collision detection is r-tarded.

Posted: October 21, 2010 6:33 PM