X-Play's NES Memories with G4 and E! Staffers and Stars

Posted: October 21, 2010
X-Play's NES Memories with G4 and E! Staffers and Stars
When we asked co-workers for their favorite memories of the Nintendo Entertainment System, the response was overwhelming, going beyond X-Play and even beyond G4. We just had to string them together into this mega-ultra-awesome clip of NES remembrances.

• vlweb3d

"I BEAT BATTLETOADS"
    nuff said

Posted: November 1, 2010 7:11 PM
  • AngelsandDemons

Wow...so many memories...my faves have to be between getting that Konami code and running through Contra at midnight in the 5th grade. And, the ending of Metroid...there was this funny feeling you got realizing you were playing as a girl the whole time....priceless.

Posted: October 25, 2010 5:22 PM
    AngelsandDemons
  • rikkuster

Some of my favorites were Contra (of course), Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Megaman 4, Battletoad Double Dragon, and G.I. Joe. I tired playing The Legend of Zelda at my aunt's house because she also had NES but I didn't know what I was doing and died a lot. I also remember that she had the track pad for some track game and my friends at daycare and I would play that before school.

Ahhh... good memories. :)

Posted: October 25, 2010 1:32 PM
    rikkuster
  • lowkevmic

My best NES memories was when I would spend hours playing a game called Dragon Spirit. It was a shooter where you were the Dragon out to save the Princess. It was actually one of the easier games I played for the NES but it was still one of my favorites. Another favorite is a game called Bad Dudes!! The name alone just oozes awesome!!

Posted: October 25, 2010 8:31 AM
    lowkevmic
  • ralphieb

Anyone remember Robin Hood (based on the movie) or Defender of the Crown? Great classics to check out and get frustrated at!!

Posted: October 24, 2010 4:28 PM
    ralphieb
  • weiyunchi

i had the genesis... but my friend had the nes so i went to her house to play zelda and she would come omy house to play sonic. best of both worlds.

Posted: October 24, 2010 1:32 PM
    weiyunchi
  • DecKrash

Bionic Commando! Never beat it, but it was one of the BEST games I had ever played on the NES, hands down.

Posted: October 23, 2010 8:36 PM
    DecKrash
  • Greelax

Dang, Morgan and her brother were smart kids...

Posted: October 23, 2010 6:28 PM
    Greelax
  • zimmy91

Double dragon
    Life force
    contra
    kirby's adventure

Posted: October 23, 2010 3:14 PM
    zimmy91
  • SDwiz

Super Mario Bros.3 had to be the best Nintendo game I had.

Posted: October 23, 2010 1:03 PM
    SDwiz
  • power-o-pwn

megaman 2 is my favorite bionic commando is a close second.

Posted: October 23, 2010 12:51 PM
    power-o-pwn
  • mastersolace

Getting pissed because I couldn't shoot the dog in Duck Hunt... I'll teach you not to laugh at me

Posted: October 22, 2010 8:17 PM
    mastersolace
  • sirrogue2

Rygar, Blaster Master, and Zanac. Three of the hardest games to ever exist!

Posted: October 22, 2010 5:36 PM
    sirrogue2
  • Liem

Morgan the internet lies IT LIES

Posted: October 22, 2010 4:04 PM
  • Tmidiman

Rygar and Blaster Master. Great free roaming adventures.

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:29 PM
    Tmidiman
  • wadebeckett

Thanks for all the great emails we've been receiving this week on the show. The NES definitely holds a big place in all of our hearts.

Top 10 games I probably spent the most time playing...

1. Contra
    2. Super Marios Bros
    3. Tecmo Bowl
    4. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
    5. Zelda
    6. Double Dribble
    7. Pro Wrestling
    8. California Games
    9. Track and Field
    10. Double Dragon

@wadebeckett

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:22 PM
    wadebeckett
  • nintendude57

my favorite NES game was Megaman 4, because the first level of Dr.cossack's castle, its just epic the music was stuck in my head and b4 school i would turn it on just to listen to the song xD those were the best memories of my childhood.

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:10 PM
    nintendude57
  • lilkray2thebone

mine would be contra and commando...

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:10 PM
    lilkray2thebone
  • The_Tricycler

What about Battle of Olympus? That was a good game. And there was also this one called Xxyxx (or something like that) that was awesome. It was a later one, too. You played as a soldier going from planet to planet, and got to use a bunch of different, well designed weapons. Tons of fun.

Posted: October 22, 2010 12:46 PM
    The_Tricycler
  • Sh0nuff67

Oh my GOD! How can no one have mentioned BLADES OF STEEL?!?! THE greatest hockey game ever! Ok, maybe the greatest hockey game played by 12 or so guys while isolated on a Navy base in Japan. But still! GREATEST EVER!!

Posted: October 22, 2010 12:08 PM