Sessler's Soapbox: Stop Being a Dick!

Posted: October 12, 2010
Sessler's Soapbox: Stop Being a Dick!
Adam talks about the recent incidents of violent bullying and compares it to behavior in online multiplayer games.

• softanddeep

R.I.P. G4

Posted: April 26, 2012 6:44 PM
    softanddeep
  • dreadlordwe

i agree nice of you to put this out there, and your not leaving g4 are you? that would be very sad for all of g4's community.

Posted: April 26, 2012 2:49 PM
    dreadlordwe
  • Machdude

It's nice to know that someone like Adam is the chief editor of G4tv... His head is on straight, I hope more people try to be like him.

Posted: August 31, 2011 7:00 PM
    Machdude
  • y2k20

Posted: June 23, 2011 10:55 PM
    y2k20
  • NoSkillReq

the world isn't a bad place because of those who do evil, but rather those who look on and do nothing.

Posted: November 30, 2010 5:02 AM
    NoSkillReq
  • spartanxx3xx

ya good stuff its been two years sencs high school and its funny all the cool party kids that like to show off on facebook when they were in high school are still doing that ahahahha so your right pretty much amount to nothing

Posted: November 11, 2010 9:51 PM
    spartanxx3xx
  • DubiousKing

It's kinda sad that while Adam's talking about bullying in video games someone teabags the guy playing Halo, but it actually helps to show how prevalent bullying is in online games.

Posted: November 9, 2010 10:06 AM
    DubiousKing
  • MissIcia

This is the second best "It gets better" video I've seen so far. Right on.

Posted: November 8, 2010 8:13 PM
    MissIcia
  • godofwar117

Adam Sessler for President!!!

Posted: November 4, 2010 4:38 AM
    godofwar117
  • Kratier

"bullying develops character" wow, sounds like some 40 year old guy with backwards idealogy into the video game website?

Posted: October 29, 2010 2:26 AM
    Kratier
  • Brolapse

Listen Sess, I'm sure you're more familiar with this subject than most. I'll say what you're afraid to say: Bullying develops character. Fact, limpwrist.

Posted: October 28, 2010 6:26 AM
    Brolapse
  • booful

really makes a lot of sense. i also hate when u get that one guy in the lobby who is talking crap about the guy who doesn't have a mic or something like that.

Posted: October 25, 2010 4:16 PM
    booful
  • Tovarish-Adun

"If you had to talk crap you talked crap to someones face and you might get popped in the mouth." Aww yea Sessler.

Posted: October 25, 2010 12:17 PM
  • LeithIves

People like that make me rage if they think they can take the piss out of people for being bad or anything like that ill dominate the hell outta them so they they will shut their mouth cause im that good haha

Posted: October 25, 2010 5:27 AM
  • suryu

well i don't play games like cod or halo or any fps to beging with but then again think about what kinda person they are playing a solider which gets drunk rape native locals and swear like crazy so thats the rolemodels they put out there for you no gays in the army so plz take a look at where it comes from i like in playstation home if there are ppl doing that u can report them i don't xbox so i can't give any suggestionss on what to do how about a code that bans you kinda like when they didn't allow gays to be on the xbox profile so its all in the way this country portray and treat same sex ppl and if someone is gay or a different person what they do in they private life has nothing to do with how good they are at halo so keep the games fun ppl

Posted: October 24, 2010 9:22 PM
    suryu
  • Drakonzo

When I was still in Grade School there wasn't really much of any bullying going on that I saw. I mean sure ridicule is there and fights happen, but incessant physical or emotional abuse of someone seemed pretty rare. I think that bullying now-a-days persists throughout the adult world, as a majority. Also, being physically inept has became a redundancy and many people will be jerks regardless. When you add that kind of confidence and supply a mostly anonymous mask of the Internet, people become super jerks. This is a pretty obvious outcome in my opinion. Yet if we continue to progress on strict rules for forum, social, and gaming platforms, the accountability will far outweigh the satisfaction that people get from doing these things.

Posted: October 24, 2010 12:35 AM
    Drakonzo
  • WarÐeity

In highschool I was a bit of an oddball. I was friends with (nearly all) of the jocks and a good amount of the nerds. I'm no jock, never once played a sport back in highschool, and I'm a big otaku as well as a gamer (even attending college to study graphic design and animation) but somehow i befreinded the jocks (they were closer freinds to me then the nerds) and to be honest I was never bullied throughout my entire school life. :P I guess I was one of the lucky few. Maybe it was my in your face attitude (I wouldnt tolerate any crap from anyone, theyd get some right back in thier faces) Maybe my school was just different but, whenever (most of) my friends (the jocks) would pick on someone, and that someone would stand up for themselves and return the favor, my friends would actually praise the kid and tell him good job or somthing. (to any jocks or bullies out there) Honestly it was easy to tell that taking that stand when the nerds or geeks stand up to u, made u look a WHOLE LOT better then lowering yourself to getting physical with them when they piss you off. People really respect a person who can respect another. I never bullied anyone (im not a big guy, really average I'd say) except back in second grade when I picked on the only asian kid at my school. Me and my friends thought he had the funniest accent in the world so we'd always make jokes. I never hit him or stole his money or anything but the verbal abuse was abundant. I can say now it was immature and if i had the pleasure of meeting the guy now I'd apologize.

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:26 PM
    War%c3%90eity
  • Bub433

I never seem to have a problem with this while playing MAG. The community is very concentrated on working together and I don't think I've ever heard anyone yell at or insult each other. Maybe if games inspired more teamwork instead of the standard run shoot die formula then players would be forced to not bash eachother.

Posted: October 21, 2010 5:48 PM
    Bub433
  • Broadside

Great episode Adam, very inspiring. It's a shame to see so many online communities go down the drain because of cyber bullies/jerks. Some people really abuse the "veil of anonymity" that the internet provides and it's really something we need to put a stop to.

Posted: October 21, 2010 3:01 AM
    Broadside
  • James0Zero

I've been following G4 since it started, but I haven't made an account on here yet because I never felt like I needed to comment. But you really spoke to my heart with this one Ses. You gave me hope for the future and really helped me with this. I just wanted to know how much this meant to me. Thank you so much, you've always been my favorite journalist. I just wanted to give my heartffelt thanks to you and let you know you made a difference for me.

Posted: October 19, 2010 9:03 PM