Call of Duty: Black Ops 3D Studio Head Interview

Posted: October 5, 2010
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3D Studio Head Interview
Call of Duty: Black Ops has gone 3D and this is your chance to see our interview with Treyarch's studio head, Mark Lamia, as he tells you what you should expect when playing in 3D. Also, find out more about zombies appearing in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

• tisoyboy2

If you can not buy a 3D TV now, then do you really think you will be able to afford a large screen 3D TV that doesn't require glasses in the future?

Posted: February 12, 2011 12:02 AM
    tisoyboy2
  • Robmiezer

3D is not a gimick, those that have it can tell you that. Everyone that does not have it will complain about the glasses, it is like complaining about having to wear clothes in public, how cumbersome is that. Glasses TV's for the public are a long time off. Toshiba has the largest at 12". Cannot make a large screen TV because the viewe has to sit at the proper hight and directly in front (and then if you move your head or turn it you have to re-center yourself). Anyone else viewing the screen will see the double images. So, don't hold your breath on the glassess-less 3D TV it is a good 10 years before it hits a price and size the consuer can use.

Posted: November 7, 2010 8:24 AM
    Robmiezer
  • jizm247

EA and DICE just had to ruin what used to be my favorite game franchise

Posted: October 29, 2010 7:10 PM
  • jizm247

Been waiting far to long for this game...and medal of honor was trash by the way..

Posted: October 29, 2010 7:08 PM
  • packerfan01

i purchased a sony 55 3d tv and it is awesome
    there is a few 3d tv channels that is out on directv
    and i watch espn3d saturdays to watch colleage football in 3d
    witch is awesome too
    cant wait to get this game to see the 3d

Posted: October 27, 2010 11:43 AM
  • Akog

cant wait till this game come oooouuttt!!

Posted: October 13, 2010 9:47 AM
    Akog
  • chitio

wow i can't wait to play in XBL and single player....

Posted: October 11, 2010 3:12 AM
  • gamegod375

I wonder if the 3D on the PS3 will be better because the console is already 3D ready, unlike the xbox and most PCs

Posted: October 8, 2010 6:25 PM
    gamegod375
  • miracledirt

Until they start manufacturing 3D Televisions that don't require special glasses, it's pointless to invest in the technology. If the Nintendo 3DS is able to display 3D without the use of special glasses, the same technology can be implemented on a larger scale for 3D Televisions. When that time comes, I'll consider jumping on board. For now, I'll continue saving my money.

Posted: October 6, 2010 10:44 AM
    miracledirt
  • Suby1

the biggest problem I have with 3D is the amount of time I play games. I don't play every day but when I do I sit down for 2-6 hours and get into them. After watching Avatar in 3d wearing glasses over my glasses and getting terrible eye pain with caused a head ache I refuse to play games for 3d.. I see 3d all day long in real life I play games to enjoy my self 3d isn't that big of a deal.

Posted: October 5, 2010 11:28 PM
    Suby1
  • ninenightmares

i have a sanyo 42" hd and i love it should i sell that and my vizio 32" for a 3d tv hmmmmm no i'll keep what i have because i know it works and i hate haveing to wear glasses not that 3d is bad i just don't really think its worth it right now if i were to make a theater type man cave then maybe but not right now for me.

Posted: October 5, 2010 10:19 PM
    ninenightmares
  • Muscley_Arms

why does everyone think that every movie and game needs 3d? not every movie/game will be better in 3d. and besides. MoH is gonna be waaaay better than this game even if it is 3d >=p

Posted: October 5, 2010 7:54 PM
  • rWeso3

The concept of 3D TV's is one of the coolest ideas I've heard. The one problem.... I'm not willing to shell out the money for one just to play a few games on it. Until more channels offer 3D programing, it's really not worth it. Have I tried it at Best Buy? No... I don't want to get sucked into it. It may just be trickery, but hey it's effin science... wait... I mean effin cool.

Posted: October 5, 2010 7:11 PM
    rWeso3
  • Canid117

Just one problem buddy. I don't have a 3D TV and the chances of me shelling out for one just because it looks kind of cool in black ops is about as likely as frosty the Snowman moving to Sodom right before Abraham's cousin got out.

(You have to admit the old testament has some hilariously awesome stories in it)

Posted: October 5, 2010 6:35 PM
    Canid117
  • bankruptjojo

I played some 3D ps3 games at best buy i was very impressed. I'm sure ill buy during the holiday sales, I'm just worried soon as i do 3D TVs will come out that don't require glasses. If ur one of those people who say 3D is stupid i hope u at least tried it and not just saying that cuz u can't afford it

Posted: October 5, 2010 6:03 PM
    bankruptjojo
  • GamebustaZX

he dropped shot that guy >_> and it starts lol

Posted: October 5, 2010 5:35 PM
    GamebustaZX
  • Bogues

The only reason 3D technology is successful at all is because of the placebo effect. It shan't take long now before people realize it's merely visual trickery, with no genuine game applications. Also, if they focused all their efforts on coming up with cheaper methods of manufacturing 3D Tv's, instead of marketing campaigns for overpriced technology, than people might be a little more likely to buy it. But maybe that's just me.

Posted: October 5, 2010 4:55 PM
    Bogues
  • arcticinferno

3D is the 'pogs' of the decade. Such a crappy gimmick.

Posted: October 5, 2010 4:47 PM
    arcticinferno
  • PockyKing

I think that it's great the more and more developers are embracing 3D technology. With that said, I will not be able to play any games in 3D simply because of the cost of the technology itself. Until prices start falling to a point where your average consumer can walk into a store and by a 3DTV without wondering how their going to rationalize spending a colossal amount of money on it, then a large majority of people will never experience anything more than what they're experiencing right now.

Posted: October 5, 2010 4:40 PM
    PockyKing
  • vc3000

Don't you mean aiming down the "sights" instead of "sites"?

Posted: October 5, 2010 4:33 PM