Talkabouts: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Posted: October 1, 2010
Talkabouts: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
JP "King of Rock" Shub sits down with the angel of rock, Abbe Heppe, to give you a preview for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.

• Life79

these guys are awsome together. i think abbie likes him kinda like the way guys annoy girls because they got a thing for them i dont it just seems that way lol.

Posted: October 4, 2010 5:37 PM
    Life79
  • Devero

Die Spammer Scum....

Posted: October 3, 2010 9:03 PM
    Devero
  • Legion3208

i really think Abbie dosnt like this guy. i dont like him either

Posted: October 3, 2010 5:29 PM
    Legion3208
  • gentle

Rush. That is all.

Posted: October 3, 2010 6:54 AM
    gentle
  • 2ply

I gave up on GH long ago, I can play a real guitar well enough but for some reason 5 buttons to speed mash becomes too much haha.. Even my sister can handle expert GH songs + the speed cheat(!), while i'm lucky to get through the plain ol' normal setting.

If anything I think i'm looking forward to what RB3 is going after with their "pro" controller with strings, hopefully that will be easier for me, and I won't have to listen to all the drunken weekend remarks anymore!

Posted: October 3, 2010 12:07 AM
    2ply
  • Snicker60515

I have bought the last 3 main GH games and ended up buying this one on day one even though I wasn't sold on it at first. But I'm glad that I did because this is what Guitar Hero should be. Your wrist is supposed to hurt after an extended session and that was something I really missed. As for the comments against GH3 and GHWT, I don't really get what was wrong with those two games as they have been the ones I've played the most. But the point is that Guitar Hero the GAME for GAMERS is back and that's really the most important thing in my opinion. I love failing a song every now and then and getting progressively better. Those who don't enjoy such things can go and play Rock Band. Rock Band is also an exceptional game in it's own right, but these two titles are great in different ways, but no way is Rock Band better than Guitar Hero and while I enjoyed RB2, I'll pass on 3. I'm just ecstatic that my music GAME is back!

Posted: October 2, 2010 9:44 PM
    Snicker60515
  • BarbieRobot

3 was good, even though i have five, but thats as far as ill go. leave me be while im playing black ops and lbp

Posted: October 2, 2010 6:29 PM
    BarbieRobot
  • Tmidiman

@mronoc89

As a musician let me say you are absolutely right. RB makes the songs more musical with the style they use. I tried telling the GH Devs that years ago, but they turn a deaf ear to their customer. And thus I do not support that game in any way.

Posted: October 2, 2010 2:52 PM
    Tmidiman
  • mronoc89

Rock Band combines lead and rhythm tracks for guitar as well, Guitar Hero just does it in a way that's a lot more mish-mashy, with constant switching back and forth. Whereas Rock Band might have you play one track for a verse, and a different track for the next verse (one good example is "Say It Ain't So" from RB1), it might be less challenging and less dynamic, but it feels much more natural, and seems to fit better with the music.

Posted: October 2, 2010 9:46 AM
    mronoc89
  • CLUNGEHUNTERPJ

...what was wrong with 3? I thought that was pretty good. Won't be buying another GH game anyhoo, I'm in a real band.

Posted: October 2, 2010 8:10 AM
    CLUNGEHUNTERPJ
  • blueboykc

i gots respect for anyone whose good at these type games..i totally suck at them i even tried the singing and i suck at that..im a so so singer irl..

Posted: October 2, 2010 4:28 AM
    blueboykc
  • V_Translanka

I love the looks Abbie shoots J.P. each time he throws up the horns. lol

Posted: October 2, 2010 2:51 AM
    V_Translanka
  • DrStrangeL0ve

and yes i do play that much i dont give a (BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

Posted: October 1, 2010 11:59 PM
    DrStrangeL0ve
  • DrStrangeL0ve

@ Abbie
    I dont want to sound like an a-hole, (that's not what i want to do) but there are two things were your wrong. First guitar hero always uses the rhythm and solo parts on the guitar. (play one by metallica on guitar hero 3, single and with a partner to understand)

Second the matches were never random, first come first serve, but i thought it was random too.
    i really dont want to sound like an A-hole but i dont want you to be eaten by these vultures <3

Posted: October 1, 2010 11:57 PM
    DrStrangeL0ve
  • BlakeKellermann

Big Classic Rock and Metal fan and i just have one question for anyone. Why does Guitar Hero have bands like Muse and Nickleback in them? If you play Guitar Hero you probably feel the same way. For me the best Guitar Hero to date is Metallica because i believe it got to the core of what the games are about...ROCK! I dont want easy chord progressions, I want blistering guitar solos. I will still get the game, but i feel that i will probably play about 10 songs a billion and a half times.

Posted: October 1, 2010 7:10 PM
    BlakeKellermann
  • raidernation

My guitar hero instruments are covered in dust since I haven't used them in so long. In a season filled with better games like Halo Reach, COD: Black Ops, andd Medal of Honor I think I'll pass on this one.

Posted: October 1, 2010 6:13 PM