The First 15: EA Sports MMA Demo

Posted: September 29, 2010
The First 15: EA Sports MMA Demo
Watch the first 15 minutes of EA Sports MMA and step into the ring with MMA stars Bobby Lashley, Jason Miller, Alistair Overeem, and Jake Shields. Whether you prefer to knock out or tap out your opponent, it's all about victory in mix martial arts.

• kiddg

this game is full with details, and I love fighting games

Posted: October 28, 2010 10:48 AM
  • ScottyMadlove

Dear EA- Jake Shilelds is known far more as top BJJ guy NOT as a wrestler. To give Mayhem a higher ground and subs stat is absurd. Perhaps U should study the sport b4 u make a game about it.

Posted: October 10, 2010 9:00 AM
    ScottyMadlove
  • ScottyMadlove

everything bad being said about this demo is true. In addition, KOs are anti climactic at best and subs are way to easy execute and escape. movements feel staggard. like playing roc and soc em robots. fight night mechanic does not translate to mma well.

Posted: October 9, 2010 1:33 AM
    ScottyMadlove
  • RickAstin

Tried it...not a huge fan of either control scheme....the attacks tend to be delayed...especially when trying to use the hit modifiers...the one button grapple system isn't really well explained aside from "it's not button mashing".....what do I do? Hold it? Press it every now and then? It certainly works...but IMO it's not anywhere near as satisfying as THQ's game....

certain elements of the graphics are much better...other elements are much worse....and while the fighters aren't anywhere near as knockout prone....the fights I played never really went much longer here either...

The extra features and so on sound awesome....maybe if I actually was an MMA fan I'd appreciate it more....though I doubt it....

Posted: October 2, 2010 3:34 PM
    RickAstin
  • lilpkaibrown

DO URSELF A HUGE FAVE & DON'T EVEN BUY THIS!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS WACK PLAY THE DEMO THE CONTROLS ARE WORES THAN UFC AT LEAST U HAVE THE BUTTON PRESSINGON UFC, WITH THIS GAME EVEN THE BUTTON PRESSING CONTROLS ARE F'd!!! ITS LIKE THE PUNCHES DON'T EVEN HIT SOME TIMES I HAND DUDE IN THE OPEN GARUD TO LAY SOME GROUND N POUND AND IT WAS LIKE HITTING AIR!!! ITS LIKE FIGHT NIGHT WITH KICKS N TAKE DOWNS.. IF U A MMA FAN STICK WITH THE UFC TITLES OR NOTHING AT ALL WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS BS, ITS LIKE THEY SHOW BLOOD IN DAMAGE BUT IT DON'T SHOW THE LONG TERM DAMAGE OF A LEG KICK OR BUSTED RIBS I WAS BEATING THIS GUYS RIBS THEN THE NEXT ROUND WAS LIKE NOTHING HAPPEND. DO UR SELF A FAVE AND DON'T EVEN BUY THIS, DONT LET E.A. CON U OUT OF $63.45 THIS IS WACK AND E.A. STOP SHOVING THAT LEFT CONTROL STICK ON US U F UP ALOT OF GOOD GAMES THAT WAY LIKE DEF JAM ICON!!!!
    Read more: http://xbox360.ign.com/article s/111/1113013p1.html#ixzz113J2 hnve

Posted: September 30, 2010 2:58 PM
  • EmancipationCarlos

I didn't play it yet but it appears to be smoother and less stagnant. The slams are incredible and in standing up after being on the bottom and possibly getting a single leg takedown of your own is quite refreshing. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Posted: September 30, 2010 11:04 AM
    EmancipationCarlos
  • lilmark15

this game is lame ufc is better

Posted: September 29, 2010 8:08 PM
    lilmark15
  • Tman88

I played the demo and it's not too bad actually. The submission system is definitely smoother and in the full game you get to go around the world to fight and train in gyms in different countries, so this game appears to be quite promising and competition's a good thing. I like UFC 2010 as well but at the same time like I said, competition's a good thing, it'll help both games get better.

Posted: September 29, 2010 5:17 PM
    Tman88
  • TJD43

Played the demo of this game and it is....how should I put it?.....A FAIL!!!! This game sucks sooooo bad lol it makes UFC 2010 look incredible

Posted: September 29, 2010 12:21 PM