Fresh Ink Online: Walking Dead, Nemesis, Fantastic Four

Posted: September 24, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Walking Dead, Nemesis, Fantastic Four
On this week's Fresh Ink Online, Blair Butler reviews comics The Walking Dead, Fantastic Four, Pilot Season: 39 Minutes, Nemesis and Skull Killers.

• longbowhunter

I have done cocaine numerous times and I can say with a degree of certainty Walking Dead is more addictive. ARRRRGH I LOVE THIS COMIC!!!!!

Posted: September 26, 2010 7:27 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Vinzter

No Doom zombie incest, sure, and yet....still no comments re: the ret-conning of the ret-conning of Spider-man in "One Moment in Time," no even brief mention of Abnett's fine work on "Thanos Imperitive," no mention of how cool Avengers is these days, or "Batman Beyond," the nostalgic 70's look and feel of "Batman: Odyssey" or the happenings in "Brightest Day."

I loooove indy comics, Blair. You got me reading Walking Dead, Bulletproof Coffin, Locke & Key...but many of us read "the big two" comics as well. To not mention/lambast/(praise?...meh ) "One Moment in Time" was missing a huge opportunity for discussion.

I loves some Blair, but three minutes on "Skull Kickers"? Pffff.

Sorry. Submitted with respect.

Posted: September 26, 2010 4:13 AM
    Vinzter
  • indyjoel

Nemesis looks like my next fix. Thanks Blair.

Posted: September 25, 2010 7:52 PM
    indyjoel
  • WildfireFox

Invisible Comic book! Invisible Bowler Hat! Invisible Cup of Tea~

Posted: September 25, 2010 11:59 AM
    WildfireFox
  • nikkizerocool

Like Crack Cocain! lolz

Posted: September 25, 2010 10:29 AM
  • ilovefreshink

I just began the long journey of reading the Walking dead. Got the first 2 hardcover volumes that have parts 1 to 4 and I'm planning on getting a new one every month or so until I've read the hole thing up to its current point.

There are just so many great stuff to read that its hard to pick what to focus on! Scalped looks awesome but ultimately too long for me atm. Nemesis also looks like something I would like.

As my name here states, I love fresh ink. Keep the recommendations coming Blair!

Posted: September 25, 2010 8:40 AM
    ilovefreshink
  • cakeHero

Not really a fan of anything zombie or vampire for that matter. However my crack-cocaine is most definitely House of Mystery. If I could only buy one book a month it would definitely be House of Mystery.

Posted: September 25, 2010 1:44 AM
    cakeHero
  • zombiehunter1977

Right there with ya... jonesing for more Walking Dead

Posted: September 24, 2010 5:37 PM
    zombiehunter1977
  • Nerdlet

Every book she reviews is amazing! Including the invisible ones.
    Sidenote: I am so glad she mentioned Scalped (if ever so fleetingly). It is the greatest comic I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Her crack-cocaine may be Kirkman's Walking Dead but mine is Jason Aaron's Scalped. Keep up the the great work Lady Blair.

Posted: September 24, 2010 5:34 PM