X-List: Top 5 Favorite Football Game Franchises

Posted: September 23, 2010
X-List: Top 5 Favorite Football Game Franchises
Get your hot wings and hot chocolate ready 'cause it's that time of year again when the air is crisping and the pigskins spiraling, and Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb celebrate with a countdown of their top 5 favorite football game franchises.

• pigtails33

i was just playing blitz the other day with my friends and it was hilarious. We would go through games and after a lot of the plays we would do instant replays and look at how fake the game was. In my opinion i had more fun with blitz 2003 than any madden game

Posted: October 3, 2010 5:40 PM
    pigtails33
  • JBigs206

The real pathetic thing about madden is how the developers act like they try every year to make madden as good as it can be when all the new features could have been added through a tuning update on xbox live. Yeah it's the #1 NFL football game out there but thats because it's the only NFL football game out there. The two big reasons for madden being such a terrible football video game is Donny Moore (the guy who does the player ratings) and lack of effort. I remember when madden 10 came out and they were actually bragging about how one of the new features was players being able to have towels on their waist. Madden is a joke

Posted: September 25, 2010 7:34 PM
    JBigs206
  • erbren

Madden is the number one football franchise of them all

Posted: September 25, 2010 5:28 PM
    erbren
  • bhans11

i agree with madden being number 1........but you gotta love tecmo bowl

Posted: September 24, 2010 5:26 PM
  • SourProphit

Never played Blitz or Tecmo Bowl, and college sports games are for losers.

However, I was deeply saddened by the NFL Street series not making the list. I still play Street 2 on occasion.

Posted: September 24, 2010 5:07 PM
    SourProphit
  • Nub Salad

NFL2K is on top in my book. Plus I really hate that EA bought the rights and prevented nfl2k from making football games. That's really a punk move to beat the competition. Also, I'm not sure how it's related, but EA no longer made MLB games after that and now if I want to play a good MLB game I have to own a PS3, because the 2K baseball games suck. That's actually the real reason I hate madden games, but seriously though, not enough changes year to year to warrant charging 60 bucks each edition. Maybe a 20 dollar update fee is all those games are worth.

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:48 PM
    Nub+Salad
  • BKiid101

nfl blitz 4ever!!!

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:45 PM
    BKiid101
  • Atari_Prime

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who always felt that the NFL2K series was better than Madden.

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:43 PM
    Atari_Prime
  • King_JellyFIsh

EA would buy the rights to MMA if they could. Only way EA can stop others from making better games

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Natedizzy

*miss

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:21 PM
    Natedizzy
  • Natedizzy

Madden for life. Also I the original NFL Blitz that game ruled.

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:20 PM
    Natedizzy
  • Andarach

NFL 2k5 is still one of my favorite games of all time, Madden really needs the competition.

Posted: September 24, 2010 1:10 PM
    Andarach
  • TKEmysterio

If I'm correct that was the Playstation 1 version of Tecmo Bowl. I find it funny that you use the worst possible version for your highlight reel. And the version that killed the franchise.

Posted: September 24, 2010 12:36 PM
    TKEmysterio
  • JustTheBeginning

Wrong, the fact you can still compare NFL 2K5 to Madden 11 is pathetic... NFL 2K forever!

Posted: September 24, 2010 12:09 PM