Major Nelson Xbox360 Controller Interview

Posted: September 24, 2010
Major Nelson Xbox360 Controller Interview
Major Nelson talks about new changes made to the limited edition Xbox 360 controller which includes a rotating d-pad for precision control in this video.

• ratshady

I already have a play and charge kit but my last 360 stop working so i'm going to have to buy another one.

Posted: September 28, 2010 12:08 PM
  • WaRrWicK

i think the controller looks awesome, love the colors, love the d-pad always liked the bulk size and weight...the only problem ive ever had with the 360 controller is that the sticks arent even and with long ass fingers like me playing games like skate,nhl,fifa...anything that involves precise movement i screw up all the time...could just be me but i would love the sticks evened out

Posted: September 28, 2010 10:21 AM
    WaRrWicK
  • M6000

Gameinformer gave a review of this controller and they said that there is no noticeable difference between this D-pad and the regular one neither offers up enough precision. after hearing that I gotta test this thing before I buy it.

Posted: September 28, 2010 5:47 AM
    M6000
  • Fairest Unicorn

I hardly need the d-pad now why do I need a rotating one?

Posted: September 27, 2010 10:06 PM
  • vivaDsancheZ

why not create an all new controller so we have the option of the old one or a sleek slimmer new one ?

Posted: September 27, 2010 9:39 PM
  • vivaDsancheZ

Posted: September 27, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Partizan Nazitrap

Ask me if I care...

Posted: September 27, 2010 9:23 PM
    Partizan+Nazitrap
  • hogposh

Never had an issue with the current controller. Definitely will not buy this unless it becomes cheaper and my current controllers bite the dust. Can't see that happening anytime soon.

Posted: September 27, 2010 9:22 PM
    hogposh
  • theantigzus

if controllers were women, id definitely cheat on my current controller with that sexy creature, Grrr!!!!

Posted: September 27, 2010 8:46 PM
  • xsingularityx

Ugliest controller ever looks like it breaks easily and its just fugly as hell. Yes im trolling and yes its hideous.

Posted: September 27, 2010 8:26 PM
    xsingularityx
  • slimmer

A tool holding a controller ....ha ha ha , d-pad extreme ? why ?

Posted: September 27, 2010 6:54 PM
    slimmer
  • EdSabre

To me, the D-pad is really the only thing holding the 360 controller back from being the perfect controller. So if this new D-pad works the way we want it to, then I'll be in heaven. I also like the button colors, when you look close you can see they are white, light gray, dark gray, and black. It's a pretty sharp looking controller and I cant wait to get one. It only costs 65$ with the play & charge kit, which is the same price as the regular P&C kit controllers so there's no reason not to go for it if you're looking to get a new controller.

Posted: September 27, 2010 6:40 PM
    EdSabre
  • S2367

Well this is cool and all but... I would rather have them spend some money and time on the problem of the red rings, mine broke down twice already.

Posted: September 27, 2010 6:30 PM
    S2367
  • BlackenedPickle

my brother got the charger kit and the charger stopped working after about a month and he couldn't take it back. we shouldn't have been surprised since xbox's always stopped working fast.

Posted: September 27, 2010 6:00 PM
    BlackenedPickle
  • A1B3R7I

at least they just didn't make a special 4 way controller for people who seem to care about this "D-pad nonsense" I would only buy it cause of the cool color scheme.

Posted: September 27, 2010 5:47 PM
  • Aleksin

"Or maybe even more" hahahah �� I really think it's not a great..."move"

Posted: September 27, 2010 5:15 PM
    Aleksin
  • Donkeylips

Hopefully they wont ware out like the old ones.

Posted: September 27, 2010 4:40 PM
    Donkeylips
  • JimboG

Am I the only one who couldn't even see a difference between the two options? Mr. Microsoft in the video did absolutely nothing to actually show how the D-Pad changed.

Posted: September 27, 2010 4:11 PM
  • defiredude

Um the 360's controller may fit better in your hand than the PS3 but with this upgrade I don't care about the d-pad I want it to be much simpler and not have a massive battery pack sticking out the back. It needs to be uniform with built in batteries and can be easily plugged into a 360 with say a uniform USB cable like the PS3

Posted: September 27, 2010 3:57 PM
    defiredude
  • vismortis

Finlay, I have been trashing the 360 d-pad forever. I want to get my hands on one to test though before next year. This controller will be what decides if i get Mortal Kombat for PS3 (always played MK on PlayStaton systems) or if i swap to the 360.

Posted: September 27, 2010 3:24 PM