DMC: Devil May Cry Announcement Trailer

Posted: September 15, 2010
DMC: Devil May Cry Announcement Trailer
Capcom has revealed a new Devil May Cry game introducing a younger Dante who is still racking up mad combos. Watch the announcement trailer for DMC: Devil May Cry which was shown at Tokyo Game Show 2010.

• leetsausage

frsf

Posted: May 10, 2011 10:05 PM
  • NeotericWizard

idk if u guys saw a video called "the evolution of dante" its a bunch of bs n old stuff at first but at the last 1-3sec theres a new dante that looks jst like dmc 3 dante...guessing that'll we'll hav to go through temen ni gru again but i dnt mind...i miss angi & rudra n cerberus(nevan sometimes)

i saw the video on a gametrailers podcast

Posted: January 5, 2011 5:18 PM
    NeotericWizard
  • resident_421

this is NOT DEVIL MAY CRY this is the shadow of the shadow of the real Devil may cry.......and am most likely not even going to give this crap a chance....capcom you have betrayed us for letting this happen to a loved game and character ....capcom you make me SICK !!!! you are nothing but a sale out to me now !!!

Posted: December 16, 2010 5:09 AM
    resident_421
  • NallCalmer

furthermore, Tameem Antoniades (of course he's not going to read this), making a character in your liking or very own image is not cool at all. ESPECIALLY for one of gaming's most popular characters. you screwed Dante up by making him look like your virtual twin. a terrible choice to change someone who didnt need changing and a franchise that didnt need that much of a drastic change either.

Posted: November 23, 2010 12:29 PM
  • NallCalmer

....they practically weren't even listening to the fans. the DMC series is too young for a reboot. its not growing gray behind the ears, that's what those fools think just b/c Kratos was getting alot of spotlight lately in the G.O.W. series. so what if he is? doesn't mean that ppl started losing interest in DMC. they merely assumed that and never (and i can say hardly ever) listened to what the fans thought. if they had, the next DMC would not take this DRASTIC OVERHAUL approach to make it better.

Dante doesn't need to be tougher, for he was already a badass. he didnt need to be cooler, b/c its evident even in conventions that he has alot of his fans dressing as him or other characters of the series. just everything about him was damn-right excellent! i dont care if this new Dante is Dante, he looks TERRIBLE and it grosses me out everytime i see him. and while its still too early to make a final thought about the game and wont say if it'll succeed or fail, ill never play it. i wont spend my money on something that the developers never took the fans into into consideration. i always remain a Dante fan, but only to the Original Dante.

Posted: November 23, 2010 12:07 AM
  • adamsumm

I loved the original series of Devil May Cry. The whole premis of the game for me was that Dante is a bad ass (periode). The games made you feel like no matter who you were taking on it was no problem because Dante was always so cool about it and never had any worries. Every installment of DMC has built off the last and become better, in both game play and storyline. I'm not one for the whole emo scene and I really hope that the character doesnt go down that road even more as the game progresses. But i will say i am in too a darker younger, troubled teen Dante whos going to rip everything in his both appart. I mean taking a look at the trailer for what it is, looks freaking badass. My problem is that there was nothing wrong with the story line or the look of the previous games. Every fan is dieing to know for sure if Nero is the offspring of Dante or what. Dante is every bit of a beloved badass as he alwasy has been. So why a Reboot? When something isnt broken, DON'T FREAKING FIX IT! I'd be more for the game if it was a prequile to DMC3 which by what I've read its not. I'm not finished with the previous story, I want to know more. There was absolutly no reason to reboot the story line, none at all.
    Also as a last thought, I believe the interview i've scene was with Alex Jones (if it wasnt i appologise). Is it just a coincidence that the new look of Dante is the same emo crap look that that guy was sporting? What to forshadow yourself douche.

Posted: November 10, 2010 8:26 AM
  • tk04

Is over. Today I am office announce hat I not DMC fan anymore. This new product of the game blew it. Why does that emo guy have to be Dante? Name him something else. I be fine. But now he nothing but uncool. He smoke. Damm it. That not cool.

Posted: October 27, 2010 1:24 AM
    tk04
  • rayne2.0

they could have at least kept Dante's hair color, eye color, and some muscles on his body. otherwise it's just lame

Posted: October 24, 2010 12:02 AM
  • rayne2.0

Posted: October 23, 2010 11:58 PM
  • rayne2.0

Posted: October 23, 2010 11:54 PM
  • CR101

Ok so you think that look was popular back then and not now. Just because everyone else is going emo does not mean we want a popular game going emo too. You think oh you'll like the end result. Sorry I was disappointed with Heavenly Sword I'm pretty sure this will suck too. Capcom obviously went the wrong way this time. I wasn't even that happy about dmc4 because really why do we need a new character when you hear devil may cry you automatically think of Dante w/ white hair, red leather coat, and smartass personality. Oh yay now we have smoking i hate the world Dante. Don't think I'm gonna buy it thanks anyway.

Posted: October 16, 2010 8:41 PM
    CR101
  • Liquidraven

Why change the look of Dante? He looks like a douchebag Jonas Brother now. Why don't we go changing the look of other iconic charaters? Why? Because gamers will be pissed and we will voice our opinion by not purchasing capcoms brand new shiny turd. Im sure gameplay would be good, but they have to learn not to mess with an iconic character.

Posted: October 12, 2010 6:00 AM
  • Abyzz

this kid is not dante. why did you reboot the game capcom? this in not what the fan wants. this character is like a dirt bag. looks like the kid is suffering from a multiple illness like cancer and tuberculosis? i like the the older one.,we dont want a prequel.,CAPCOM!! you better do something guys. wish you could have done something like VERGIL is back from the game.,and not this emO kid trying to be dante.this is not what we want. this very dissappointing for us.

Posted: October 8, 2010 7:57 PM
  • xXRyosukeXx

this is such a .... i dun like it dante looks like ....

Posted: October 8, 2010 1:15 PM
  • cheecher22

i truely sick of listening to all you so called dmc fanatics complaining about a hair color change honest to god move on what were they ganna do keep making the same game over and over ofcourse people are going to want to know how the son of a demon grew up....if you remember in dmc 3 he says and i quote idk what i am so instead of the same old stuff they mixed it up and gave the player the chance to dwelve deeper into the mystery of dante...and if the only problem you can think of is hair color you thrive on being a hater all they have shown is a 2 min promo take the feather out of your as*es and wait to judge it after its out

Posted: October 4, 2010 7:30 PM
    cheecher22
  • El_Blanco

HAHA, why are you people SO afraid of change? I can appreciate your passion for the game, but alot of you really need to calm down. The truth is, no one is making you play the game, thats right! you have the choice to NOT play this game. Better yet, you can still play the old ones! isn't that awesome! Be honest with yourselves wouldn't things be pretty lame without some sort of alteration once in awhile. I mean, wouldn't every comic superhero ever created still have an afro, sideburns or wear an outfit like they were going to a gay rave? you can't tell me that the twisted metal:black version of sweettooth doesn't look like a complete badass or that every ninja in mortal kombat looks better now that they have differnces other than a color palette. You people just really need to relax and realize that this is one of those situations that is pure opinion. If you like the classic version? cool, there's nothing wrong with that, but some people, myself included, really like it when things have a grittier tone. Plus,don't ya think those of you who like the classic version are being kind of selfish? you have 4 games that you can play, we who like the gritty look, only have this one and we don't even know if its any good! So could we please stop being so dramatic, tone this issue down alittle and aggre to disagree? this entire thing is just becoming alitle silly. If you disagree with me, thats fine. its honestly really good that your thinking for yourself, but that doesn't mean you get to be disrespectful and a complete a__hole. Finally, the world will not end beacause his hair's not white, I promise. He doesn't look emo or show any actions of being emo, emo's cry and are internally destructive and do not throw cars. New Dante is obviously externally destructive and makes others cry, the devil maybe? and yes i relize i sounded alittle like Borat in the beginning of this rant.

Posted: October 1, 2010 12:35 AM
  • El_Blanco

Posted: October 1, 2010 12:27 AM
  • Spazzyfirefly

I'm way slow with the news, but what the heck is this??? Dante is not some whiny looking little kid with black hair. Dante looks nothing like that! ~points at his face~ the least they could have done was given him a similar looking face, and why is he British?[not talking accent, just well... his coat?]

I was already upset with the change up in DMC4 when the almighty Nero became number one but this.. this is just taking a great thing and mucking it up to be more appealing to today's teenage gamer; or at least an attempt. I will agree that the game play looks, well down right amazing and I do want to play it. But to me this is not Devil May Cry and that is not Dante 3=

I've been waiting for the next game to come to life.. But so far I'm disappointed with what Capcom is dishing out...

Posted: September 30, 2010 11:30 PM
    Spazzyfirefly
  • OGtheD

Of all things to switch up, they choose the only thing that has remained constant. I'm pretty pissed about this in a few ways, and I don't care if no one reads this, it needs to be said. They have balls to even try to retell Dante's story. On top of that, between levels it seems instead of looking for the hidden number cleverly tucked away somewhere, we will be treated to our new 'hero' crying, reapplying his makeup, or cutting himself. Man, it's like DMC 2 all over again. The only silver lining I can possibly see here is the same good that came from number 2. After such a gargantuan failure they quickly made up for it with DMC3. So, one can only hope that whatever comes after this won't make us all cringe at the main characters 'reintroduction'.

Posted: September 30, 2010 10:29 AM
    OGtheD
  • royal_1

if i do remember correctly dante's first devil trigger was in dmc3 after the first encounter with virgil. so does this mean, since this dante is younger then the dmc3 dante, there won't be a devil trigger? and if there is a DT then they eff'd up the dmc storyline. n if this is place after dmc3, then wtf happened to dante? im usually an optomistic person and i hope this game will be a great installment. its just the dmc fanboy in me is screaming out "wtf wtf wtf?? thats not dante and this is not dmc!" as i watch the trailer. so now im both exceited that this may be the greatest thing to happen to dmc or it may distroy the dmc franchise so bad that it may not recover.

Posted: September 29, 2010 11:09 PM