Dead Rising 2: Case West Teaser Trailer

Posted: September 15, 2010
Dead Rising 2: Case West Teaser Trailer
See the teaser trailer for Dead Rising 2: Case West which was shown at the Tokyo Game Show 2010. Frank West is back and he's teaming up with Chuck Greene.

• ares5566

why xbox exclusive how come pc is always left out despite it clearly being the best

Posted: November 17, 2010 7:53 AM
    ares5566
  • Rbullseye91

this i like and plan on buying, although my question is, Is Frank West going to have his same custom moves as in the first dead rising? Or will he have a new set of moves. Because no offense, but i did not prefer Chucks moves. A couple caught my interest but nothing compared to Franks original moves. Plus will it be short like case zero?

Posted: October 5, 2010 3:55 PM
    Rbullseye91
  • Sparda_Stonerule

I don't really understand all the complaints. You only need to do a small amount of research to find out where all the exclusive stuff is. I own all 3 consoles and if I want to find out which version to buy I research the product. What ever happened to consumer responsibility? I mean how hard is it to take 3 minutes and look up information about what you're buying? It's just silly and wreaks of laziness to me. You can't blame them for your own lack of information.

However you can blame them for the act of making it exclusive. Which I agree is kind of silly. Sure this may deter a few people from buying the full game, but most average consumers won't care and will buy the PS3 version anyway. It's not like this stuff is DLC anyway, Case 0 and Case West are both arcade games. These aren't normal expansions that add on to the main game. Case 0 took place before Dead Rising 2 to introduce Chuck and his daughter and prepare you for the story of Dead Rising 2. Case West will take place after the story of Dead Rising 2 and probably serves as a treat to the fans of Frank West. So yes the Arcade games are exclusive for now, but really, so what? If it disturbs you that greatly then don't buy the game, but don't act like you've been terribly robbed. After all Dead Rising 2 will be a full story with a resolution, this Epilogue will just expand the story a little and probably set up for a Dead Rising 3 (if that ever comes out).

The only people who I side with are the people who only have a PS3 or PC, and who don't bring all the usual hatred to the table. The people who genuinely like the product and would like to pay for the Arcade Games but can't. My sympathies to you, and I hope you wind up being able to play them eventually (although Case 0 wouldn't be that worth while if you've already played the main game, unless of course you are a die hard who really wants to play everything the narrative offers).

Of course I know this post is useless since people seem to enjoy being pissed off at companies these days. People also enjoy blaming everything on some other person or some other entity. I just hope on occasion some people realize that not every situation has a right or wrong side, and that when you are angry about something you don't always have to toss blame around. Oh right, I'm talking to the largely anonymous internet. Scratch that. Internet Hate Machine move out!

Posted: September 24, 2010 6:27 AM
    Sparda_Stonerule
  • JJackass

I was planning on buying this game and the down loadable content packs, but then realized the DLC is xbox exclusive. I'm beginning to think of just passing on it all together ( I could wait for a Game of the Year Edition with all the dlc crap on it like Fallout 3 ). Really getting tired of system exclusive dlc that just ends up on every system after 6 months to a year. Either put everything on both systems or just make the game on one of them. People that have every system get screwed by buying the wrong version as noted by homicidalmunky: because they have no idea of the dlc or what system it will be on.

@krypton don't cry about companies paying for exclusives, it has been going on since the 90's before xbox was even a thought in Bill Gates' head.

Posted: September 15, 2010 6:49 PM
    JJackass
  • OrpheumZero

This and Case Zero will end on the PS3. They have to. You can't make two versions of a game and not allow both bases to get the full experience. Odds are, they'll probably wait 'til all the "Cases" are released then either do a super special edition for PS3 or something like the Episodes from Liberty City.

Posted: September 15, 2010 5:14 PM
    OrpheumZero
  • SizzlewickMagicfart

I am tired of this goddamned exclusive dlc on this goddamned xbox! dammit i want it to! =(

Posted: September 15, 2010 4:52 PM
    SizzlewickMagicfart
  • creepshowrick

FRANK WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: September 15, 2010 4:16 PM
    creepshowrick
  • alaskanhybrid

Still need to get Case Zero?

Posted: September 15, 2010 3:49 PM
  • Hitman_Mr.47

I assume this is coming out super soon since it sounds like another little teaser to what is going to come and it's only $5. Not too mention the actual game comes out this month.

Posted: September 15, 2010 3:11 PM
    Hitman_Mr.47
  • DingoEnderZOE2

Soooo is this a prequel that leads up to Dead Rising 2 or is this an expansion that follows during or after Dead RIsing 2?

I mean I'm still gonna get this regardless but I think Those are also important questions here.

Posted: September 15, 2010 2:10 PM
    DingoEnderZOE2
  • NotAnEvilDooer

OMG I'm too much of a sucker! I got to get this!!

Posted: September 15, 2010 1:38 PM
    NotAnEvilDooer
  • homicidalmunky

I am somewhat disappointed that they are not releasing this or Case Zero for the ps3 as I bought it for the full game for ps3. However, since I am a pswii60 owner, I feel it is my own fault for not getting it on the console this content is being release for. This just makes me wish September 28th(also my birthday, hurray!!) would come just a wee bit sooner.

Posted: September 15, 2010 1:17 PM
    homicidalmunky
  • BrianC6234

More stupidity by Crapcom. I am fed up with those losers. Why even make Dead Rising for the PS3 if you won't make the DLC for it too?

Posted: September 15, 2010 12:21 PM
    BrianC6234
  • Flight_Eagle

I'll get it.

But seriously, Case Zero was only 400 points. It's not DLC in the usual sense, it's and Arcade game. Arcade games are Downloadable content. So yeah, macross2012.

Posted: September 15, 2010 12:13 PM
    Flight_Eagle
  • Krypton

Hell yea Frank West!!!

Glad this DLC is a 360 exclusive & I hope we keep getting more 360 exclusive DLC. Makes up for all the exclusive DLC Sony has been buying. (Mafia 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor, etc...)

Posted: September 15, 2010 12:10 PM
    Krypton
  • GatsuBlackSword

I loved Case Zero and I will get this for sure.

Posted: September 15, 2010 11:21 AM
    GatsuBlackSword
  • macross2012

Oh great more DLC annoucements before the game even comes out.. HOW ABOUT YOU PUT THE DLC AS PART OF THE GAME instead of ripping off your customers with 50% of the game and the other 50% DLC for the same 60.00 price.

This is what ruined Mafia 2 and why sales are failing

Posted: September 15, 2010 11:13 AM
    macross2012
  • VenomCX7

OMG!!! i definitely have to get this.

Posted: September 15, 2010 11:13 AM
    VenomCX7
  • VenomCX7

OMG!!! i definitely have to get this.

Posted: September 15, 2010 11:13 AM