Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Preview

Posted: September 10, 2010
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Preview
After a 3-year absence, Ace Combat is back with Assault Horizon, and Morgan Webb gets a preview from Kazutoki Kono of the close-range assault system, new helicopter combat, and modern 21st-century setting in which you can even attack the city of Miami.

• verge109

Ace combat is no doubt the best flight combat series out there.
    I'm very pleased to see how this studio has taken a new path into bringing us a completely rebooted game.
    I completely agree that the old formula despite being very entertaining was outdated and needed to be taken to new hights and so far it looks amazing.
    I'm a big fan of flight combat simulation and the new concept that the team has been working on it's nothing less than awesome.
    The new close range camera brings the combat to new level of adrenalin and the steal carnage concept is an immaculate touch that has come in hand to make this facinating combat world more exciting than ever.
    We still have to wait a long time before our eyes can witness what these guys have to offer us flight combat lovers, but I have faith that in the end the wait will be more than worthy!

Posted: September 20, 2010 9:24 PM
    verge109
  • Komodo

Looks nice. The only flight-themed game I've ever played was Crimson Skies. Always wanted to check out a game with fast jets like these :)

Posted: September 14, 2010 9:49 PM
    Komodo
  • jutsin928

not comming to pc??

Posted: September 14, 2010 10:55 AM
    jutsin928
  • Kurita7677

Yes it looks good! http://www.youtube.com/user/Dr akon6956?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/ loZcaXHKzMc

Posted: September 13, 2010 6:18 PM
    Kurita7677
  • marcusdjackson

looks better then that tom clancy game

Posted: September 13, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Skreet_skater

Well, it looks awesome.

Posted: September 12, 2010 1:46 PM
    Skreet_skater
  • Sean.Grendon

Awesome

Posted: September 11, 2010 6:21 PM
    Sean.Grendon
  • BoydofZINJ

(Whoa, I should use paragraphs)

Posted: September 11, 2010 3:16 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • BoydofZINJ

Flight simulators have been on the down and down for ages. It is either too arcade type or too realistic. Even though it was not a real flight sim, I enjoyed games like Wing Commander and Privateer (the Wing Commander sand box-ish game) for its story telling and X-Wing and Tie Fighter for the joys of flying and fighting. However, some of the old classic flying games like Microprose F-19 Stealth Fighter released in 1988 (DOS) was my all time favorite. It was a good mixture of action and realism, but did bog you down on the realism. It was a good happy mix. Then most of the flight sims seemed to increase in realism. I remember playing a video game called Tornado which is a combat flight simulator computer game by Digital Integration modeling the Panavia Tornado and released in 1993 for DOS. That game was so difficult that I had trouble landing on normal settings and HAD to rely on the computer to use the automatic pilot. Other games after that got harder and harder on realism. Keep in mind, a computer or tv screen is limited on the ways you can interact with the world and subtle differences of wind could be loss in the digital person and yet it was effecting flight to a large degree. oh well. I am interested in this game, anyhow and I am showing my age.

Posted: September 11, 2010 3:15 PM