Settlers of Catan on Microsoft Surface

Posted: September 8, 2010
Settlers of Catan on Microsoft Surface
Settlers of Catan for Microsoft Surface amazingly blends together analog and digital gameplay for a cost of 10,000 dollars. This is your chance to see the game in action which was shown at PAX 2010. Enjoy the wonderful music.

• cloudinsky

it was my fantasy long time ago, and now its real. there are lot of games where to use it poker, puzzles.. in cafees and with friends. amazing! there should be a whole packet of games for that price..1000$ =D

Posted: November 2, 2010 6:40 AM
  • sodared

blah

Posted: September 13, 2010 8:09 AM
    sodared
  • Blue_Vortex

I can't wait to see this in coffee shops and restaurants

Posted: September 11, 2010 10:42 AM
    Blue_Vortex
  • Aristofiles

15000$ for a game and thay couldent find annything better than settlers? Settlers is a decent board game but it has.... limitations

Posted: September 11, 2010 1:10 AM
    Aristofiles
  • Severnik

I've got a table version of pacman as a coffee table in my living room, but this easily out does it. Course, it didn't cost me 15k to have a pac man table.

Posted: September 10, 2010 11:03 PM
    Severnik
  • LTman86

It's definitely not built for the consumer household in mind to start with, but hopefully when the prices go down it will.

Although, I would have hoped the cards blocking your card from other people's view would have had RFID tags on them like the dice so that the system can cover up your cards or move with the cover so you won't accidentally knock it away.

And as much as I like touch screen technology, I've found that dragging your finger across a glass screen constantly can have drawbacks. I've found my finger gets very sore, warm, or irritable after dragging it around a warm surface constantly. So maybe touch interfaces should look into that.

Posted: September 10, 2010 10:15 PM
    LTman86
  • theantigzus

ok the surface was made basically for Hotels, Restaurants and other buisnesses not for households

Posted: September 10, 2010 8:12 PM
  • crwatkins

I'm really excited about this technology. I would love to see it eventually come down in price and be marketed to private consumers. Imagine your living room having this as the coffee table, with all your entertainment and home resources being ran through it. Control your TV or the air conditioner. Play a board game with family or friends. It could be really, really cool.

Posted: September 10, 2010 5:32 PM
    crwatkins
  • EKG

Catan is a great game. The Xbox Live version is actually very, very good.

Posted: September 10, 2010 4:44 PM
    EKG
  • IBloodstormI

That thing is awesome. $15K is a bit out of my price range given I only have $20 in the bank, but I do so want to program for that.

Posted: September 10, 2010 4:39 PM
    IBloodstormI
  • ZyloWolfBane

15k? While people wont pay over $1000 for a PC? And they think the Ipad is too expensive?

Yeah wishful thinking M$.

When a computer equals the price of a car you know the world is going down the crapper.

Posted: September 10, 2010 4:01 PM
    ZyloWolfBane
  • DrFUNK

this is actually pretty cool. It'd be awesome to see this as a standard house hold item down the road. And having it sync to your house or something. but right now 15k is a little pricey

Posted: September 10, 2010 3:46 PM