The MMO Report: Thursday, September 2nd

Posted: September 2, 2010
The MMO Report: Thursday, September 2nd
Blair Herter guest hosts and tells you about the Final Fantasy 14 drama, Guild Wars 2's Necromancer class, and Uncle Casey's Mail Bag.

• cyberruck

This guy really disgusts me. Sorry man get yourself together.

Posted: September 11, 2010 1:19 PM
  • TriggerSad55

Wait, why where people disgusted by shirtless Blair? It's not like he has anything gross going on; he has a really nice tattoo, good arms, no moobs (don't really know why people where going about his chest.... Seriously, he has a face, respect the man a bit more by not just staring at his breasts), and nice arms. Though, he could do some crunches now and then, but seriously... Not like we where forced to stair at some 300 pound pig, it's just Blair.
    ...
    ...
    Wait, why am I talking about Blair Herter's body...?

You did a good job on the report; really loved the bit at the end. Makes me wonder what happened the first time you inappropriately touched a woman in public. :p

Posted: September 7, 2010 3:46 PM
  • gratzner

That was great!!! Good to see we're in excellent hands when Casey is gone.. infact i think it was better than Casey.. and Casey is great

Posted: September 7, 2010 10:55 AM
  • Jettisawn

I always wanted to see a G4 host topless, Just not this one. :(

Posted: September 7, 2010 7:27 AM
    Jettisawn
  • bchappy921

I <3 Casey.... but as a chick, this dude's hot and funny and I wanna see him back more often. kthanksbai.

But seriously, thanks to G4tv for not inserting some horribly boring replacement for Casey and offering up someone who knows their stuff and is still entertaining to watch.

Posted: September 6, 2010 8:42 PM
    bchappy921
  • codyice

i want blair herter back, srry casey, but maybe u could go away more often, i know most people dont want to share there show (im sure ur one of them) but hey, u need some time off from the 1 to 2 hours u film this a week...

Posted: September 6, 2010 6:47 PM
  • Blixa

Whoever writes the mmo-scripts should should get a raise!

Posted: September 6, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Glowyrm

Just to clear up some confusion on the FFXIV experience system, this is straight from the press release...

"Any experience earned past that point is saved as surplus. There is surplus for each class, and if you begin to see it please consider playing another class and adjust accordingly.

However, experience points are not specific to any class and therefore the decrease in experience points is not affected by changing classes."

Changing class does not reset your experience limit for the week, you just start to accumulate "surplus" XP on that other class.

Posted: September 6, 2010 3:11 PM
    Glowyrm
  • Floora

Yeah definitely not watching anymore of this till Casey returns.

Posted: September 6, 2010 1:54 PM
    Floora
  • Goombie

Even with a shirt on I would respect Blair Herter. As far as Final Fantasy XIV goes, I won't be touching it. I might ewww, go back to Final Fantasy XI just to tie me over till I can find a game that I want. The battle system is a pain in the ass especially when having to re target for casting magic. The keyboard and mouse play is horrible I normally play games with a gamepad if they have the option or if they have mouse I will use that too (even though I'm not fond if it. I'm not a fan of shooter games). I wish Sonic Team made Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst with an offline mode. Oh well.

Posted: September 6, 2010 12:28 PM
    Goombie
  • Lammot

oh my, 1st funny mmo report. A bit douchy though.

Posted: September 6, 2010 10:38 AM
    Lammot
  • Gorewolf

Ok Blair Herter can't just disappear into the night, he's got to go on and become the MMO Report weather man, or drunken onsight roving reporter. No one could replace Casey in our hearts but hey, his drunken, sex offending, coke snorting, frat boy little brother...or older brother? I dunno kind of reminded me of my mates strange uncle we were warned to stay away from when we were younger and now we see trying to pick up girls a third of his age... what was my point again? Oh! He cant replace Casey but he kicks arse!

Posted: September 6, 2010 10:29 AM
    Gorewolf
  • Docki

This guy needs to become the weekly MMO Report weather-man or something.

Posted: September 6, 2010 6:15 AM
    Docki
  • epiphanis

Man, the FFXIV surplus system is so misunderstood. The experience handicapping is applied only when a single character sticks to a single class for too long. The game was designed so that it is easy and beneficial to switch classes "on the fly" rather than deciding upon a single role at the outset and being chained to it. The game mechanic encourages you to rotate your character roles rather than overspecialize; it is largely a measure to incentivize varied gameplay and prevent grinding.

Posted: September 6, 2010 5:41 AM
    epiphanis
  • lionross

To who wrote this mmoreport.

concerning about FFXIV time limit, who been addressed un a bad manner, and also in a bad manner who play it, i suggest to read carefully how to do you'r work or to read updated news, becouse something change inside this system

First of all, the 8 hour limit aren't like 8 hours of 100% from the first mob killed, is 8 hours spent in battle, so if you took 20 sec for each mob, and spent roun 1 min to find another one, just whit how much you can have your 100% exp.
    Second every time you do not gain any kind of exp poits you will push back this timer, even if you are offilne.
    Thirt, the 8 hour cap is increaded during open beta

Suggest to write some "sorry" and think carefully next time.

Posted: September 6, 2010 4:49 AM
    lionross
  • salaciousme

So how much RL money or in-game-of-your-choice monies would a chance at a go at you and uncle casey's mailbags cost me? ; )

Posted: September 6, 2010 3:38 AM
    salaciousme
  • kalaasd

This was not the "Blair of G4" i was looking for to take the shirt off :/

Posted: September 6, 2010 3:05 AM
    kalaasd
  • darksaerphim

Never leave us again Casey this guy was just awful awful awful.

Posted: September 6, 2010 3:01 AM
  • Funk_Doc

Dark stuff Blair. You would think Jessica would bring some light to your life. But its a good story you had at the end about how you guys first met. lol burnnnn!

Posted: September 5, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Klergy

Awesome way to do the story..one less piece of clothing at a time haha. Sick...I agree about the Final Fantasy exp. BS. Way to get more subs.

Posted: September 5, 2010 2:01 PM