Epic Citadel Tech Demo Video

Posted: September 1, 2010
Epic Citadel Tech Demo Video
Epic Games release a tech demo for your iPad, iPhone 3S, iPone 4, and iPhone Touch 3RD Generation showing off what they can develop with the Unreal Technology.

Tags:

Epic Games, iPad, Demo, G4, Tech

• johnfire

I have another one ,so good!
    BlazeVideo DVD to iPhone Converter, most popular DVD to iPhone

Converter, convert DVD to iPhone fast and easy with the best

quality.

Posted: January 3, 2011 6:20 PM
    johnfire
  • vic028

if you are to hope for a medieval fight.. its very likely theyre going to produce it half-assed as they release gears 3; which would include better graphics, physics and, other engine improvements while your medieval game gets left in the dust to rot and die.

I applaud their passion in making money and further developing their ever-evolving engine but, making a quality game with a small niche following isnt enough to sway them; they have to make a game everyone will buy and play. unfortunately, the future forecast will be cloudy with a chance of abandonment in this area.

in my opinion, this move into apps for ipad/iphone, which i think is a safe, solid arena for producing without threat of piracy, is one that will benefit them the most. it is remarkable they were able to fit an impressive engine into seemingly incapable devices.

all im hoping for is that they produce for 3rd gen itouch and beyond. i will buy :)

Posted: September 30, 2010 6:29 PM
    vic028
  • AutoPsychotic

All this Epic Citadel tech demo (and its resounding success) proves is there's an obvious market for another medieval themed (full) game from EPIC. No, my friends, this isn't their first foray into that genre, at least thematically. There was a very strong element of medieval architecture, castles and fortresses in their hint 1998 title, Unreal - beginning right at the title screen with the "Nali Castle" flythrough. Are the gamers and fans wanting to see more of that style and atmospheric worlds? Clearly, yes.

So go ahead, make your silly iPhone sword-bashing minigame, but for the rest of us, please, for the love of CliffyB, make another full game for those of us on 360 and PC which isn't centered around heavily armored military marines. Not that there's anything wrong with the space stations and neon-lit urban battlefields of the Unreal Tournament series, nor exploring amidst the decay of the fallen civilization on planet Sera, but I'm begging you, EPIC...

We need another world worth exploring (on our own or with partners in co-op) which looks like this Citadel demo does. Give us another Na Pali, or something with the atmosphere and immersive world Unreal II by Legend Entertainment had. VS combat has its charm, but loses some of its flare and intrigue after a while. I want some of that magic again, which I felt the first time I stepped out of the Vortex Rikers into an alien vista filled with circling birds, multiple suns, and indescribably beautiful waterfalls being tended to by the spiritual and pacifist Nali.

Posted: September 4, 2010 7:34 PM
    AutoPsychotic
  • DarkestPhoenix

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I honestly doubt the game (any game for that matter) will have that much detail/draw distance/etc simply because it's a tech demo, for one, and for two, there are NO NPC's, or anything else. It's you, and buildings/tents/doodads.

That being said, I could see this game being able to support a (properly scaled) Morrowind.

~DarkestPhoenix

Posted: September 2, 2010 3:03 PM
    DarkestPhoenix
  • ijones81

Damn makes me want a new elder scrolls in fact am going to play elder scrolls 3 and 4 and are they makeing a new one, oh and a message to any developers i want more games like elder scrolls and i mean just like it with some tweeks but no dragon age stuff like a pure high fantasy game with a crap load of quest and a world and locale that combines the creativity of Zelda OoT and Oblivion so think scope and scale and a lot of creative designs

Posted: September 2, 2010 2:03 PM
    ijones81
  • Dirtyj78

WHOA! looks a lot like Fable

Posted: September 2, 2010 12:18 PM
    Dirtyj78
  • roscobot

I'm impressed. I don't know how it compares to Xbox, cause I've never had one, but I do know these guys have made some impressive games for it. I'm sold. Kudos.

Posted: September 2, 2010 10:27 AM
    roscobot
  • Blue_Vortex

My only problem with mobile gaming is that they need more than just a touch screen for a lot of the games developers are making. I kind of feel like Phone developers are giving touch screen games with wrong controls that will eventually become uncomfortable.
    But either way this is a lot more impressive than rage, rage was a joke, but I still wouldn't say these graphics are better than the original xbox but they do look more closely like a original xbox game.

Posted: September 2, 2010 10:02 AM
    Blue_Vortex
  • djboogymonster78

Looks great, how much more can the iPad OS handle?

Posted: September 2, 2010 9:06 AM
  • SSPPowell

that haunting guitar will now be playing in my head over and over

Posted: September 2, 2010 6:57 AM
    SSPPowell
  • NUKEMANN1995

i want a full game NOW

Posted: September 2, 2010 5:48 AM
    NUKEMANN1995
  • IBloodstormI

I hate Macs......but that was impressive. Epic has always had gold with the Unreal 3 engine.

Posted: September 2, 2010 5:38 AM
    IBloodstormI
  • MartiansfromUranus

I don't think I have ever played a game on my Xbox that looks this good.....

Posted: September 2, 2010 5:30 AM
    MartiansfromUranus
  • zenmastersamuraimonk

wow

Posted: September 2, 2010 4:28 AM
    zenmastersamuraimonk
  • Meatball_Mamba

The thing that really impresses me is the draw distance...damn

Posted: September 2, 2010 3:30 AM