Fresh Ink Online: Ex Machina, CBGB, Avengers

Posted: August 20, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Ex Machina, CBGB, Avengers
Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler reviews comics Avengers Academy, CBGB, G.I. Joe: Cobra, The New Avengers, World War Hulks, Sweets and Ex Machina.

• scomatt9

Its pronounced "PRAY-leens" And yes...they are delicious! :) For the record, the recipe that is in Issue #1 is an ACTUAL praline recipe that you really can make. Really...try it! My only suggestion is to beat the butter in at the end rather than combining it at the beginning. They're incredible. This is absolutely my favorite new series so far; I'm hoping that as the story develops more it doesn't disappoint. Great show!

Posted: August 28, 2010 6:24 AM
    scomatt9
  • Belushi'sZombie

Great show, thanks for all the comments. Still can't believe AOTS can't have comics!!

Blair, your brain is not slow , plus you read/analyze comics faster than everybody else! That's your superpower. Had to stop watching at the spoiler, so I lost like 40% of the podcast! Arrrggghhh!! --- guess is time to see Hulk smashing some stuff.

'just remember...if we don't say his name, (the Bat) does not exist'.
    Say his name, Blair!

Posted: August 27, 2010 8:23 PM
    Belushi'sZombie
  • thelair

As I have stated previously it is Ross's moustache that transforms in to the red hulk, not Ross himself. Its almost impossible to stop a great moustashe.

Anyway I am not sure how you can think Hulk is juvenile. Planet Hulk and World War Hulk were two of marvel's best series. This recent series has been intelligent and well written. Hulk comics need the smashing, that is the core of the Hulk.

Posted: August 23, 2010 8:47 AM
  • Pizawle

Hate to say it but that was kind of dull. Maybe because I had to turn it off once the pick of the week came since I have not even started Ex Machina.

Posted: August 22, 2010 8:47 PM
    Pizawle
  • babyfett

Cbgb looks cool, but Blair you should share your spot in the limleight together with Usagi Yojimbo.

Posted: August 22, 2010 8:31 AM
    babyfett
  • longbowhunter

Took Blair's advise and picked up Avengers Academy #3 today. Really glad I did. Great story with interesting characters. I dig Hazmat alot and liked that it was told from her POV. The scene with Valkyrie made me laugh really hard. The Thunderbolts book wasnt bad either.

Posted: August 21, 2010 8:59 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Soundwave963

Blair said she had a 12 year old boy in her you guys should get her help for that before she gets herself into trouble

Posted: August 21, 2010 7:11 PM
    Soundwave963
  • longbowhunter

Waiting for the last Ex Machina trade is gonna' SUCK!

Posted: August 21, 2010 11:07 AM
    longbowhunter
  • Keyboardczar

Funny podcast. Sweets sounds very cool. I should look into that.

I will also start up my ex machina at my local library, since I'm broke.

*Graw Badger!*