Fresh Ink Online: Daytripper, Walking Dead, Iron Man

Posted: August 13, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Daytripper, Walking Dead, Iron Man
Fresh Ink Online's Blair Butler gives reviews Walking Dead, Invincible Iron Man, Birds of Prey, Northlanders, Ultimate Avengers 3, Strange Science, Morning Glories and Daytripper.

• Pizawle

Spot on, Blair.

Daytripper #9 for me, was the best single issue I've ever read. Granted I have not been reading long but I have already read a lot and this one just completely blew me away. This whole series has just affected me so strongly, so many times. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves for a long, long time. Cannot wait for #10.

Posted: August 16, 2010 12:17 AM
    Pizawle
  • longbowhunter

While I didnt read Morning Glories the general idea comes off like the Breakfast Club meets Dario Argento's Suspiria.

Walking Dead really kicked my nards this month. Emerald Warriors #1 was great as well. Go Guy Gardner!!

Posted: August 14, 2010 5:07 PM
    longbowhunter
  • RandyMercer

Oh and iHEART Blair Butler but that could go unsaid.

Posted: August 14, 2010 3:46 PM
    RandyMercer
  • RandyMercer

I have a confession I'm a little confused at the whole Ultimate Avengers separation thing, I Have yet to read them and I'm planning on catching up so Is Ultimate Avengers 1 under the name The Ultimates?

Posted: August 14, 2010 3:45 PM
    RandyMercer
  • indyjoel

Agreed. Daytripper looks great. If I could find the first two issues I would go for the whole lot. As it is, I think I will wait for the trade. As usual, good job Blair.

Posted: August 14, 2010 3:33 PM
    indyjoel
  • ErronSF

I'm waiting for the Daytripper trade, but this is getting torturous! Ahhh!

Posted: August 14, 2010 11:44 AM
    ErronSF
  • babyfett

why should we see more of "just" blair, when what we really want to see is blair reviewing usagi yojimbo and atomic robo comics??

Posted: August 14, 2010 4:38 AM
    babyfett
  • HG9282

This episode is not showing up in the RSS feed again...

Posted: August 14, 2010 3:00 AM
    HG9282
  • 7Hokage

Caking Ass!!! Thats a good 1. LoL!!! PS great Fresh Ink this week.

Posted: August 13, 2010 11:00 PM
    7Hokage
  • Chalons

Hey, Blair. Great to see you covering the monthly comics again.
    Your enthusiasm really came through for the books you liked.
    The current run of Superman is worth checking out if you haven't been keeping up.

Posted: August 13, 2010 7:13 PM
    Chalons
  • samiam0605

Damn I need to rush to my comic book store and get Daytripper issue 9. I forgot it came out. It has been one of my favorite comic book series I have ever read. I thank you Lady Blair for reviewing issue 1 when it came out because I have been hooked ever since. Sure it makes me feel all sad sad inside by the end of each issue but I always feel like I have gone on a journey through this man's, Bras, life and I am constantly blown away by the story.

Posted: August 13, 2010 6:01 PM
    samiam0605
  • TenTonApe

Awesome as usual. Gotta check out morning glories.

Posted: August 13, 2010 4:14 PM