Sessler's Soapbox: Comic-Con 2010

Posted: July 27, 2010
Sessler's Soapbox: Comic-Con 2010
Adam recaps his experience at Comic-Con, including the X-Play panel, hosting other panels, and his own nerd nostalgia.

• ArrenKae

Now I'm going to check out Metropol.

Posted: August 14, 2010 3:08 PM
    ArrenKae
  • Tman88

I read some of the live blogs from Comic-Con 2010 and the atmosphere was crazy, but in a good way, and I got that just from mostly reading about what was going on and especially liked Bungie's live blog but that doesn't take away from other upcoming games that made an appearance like Epic Mickey. Epic Mickey=Art at its best.

Posted: July 28, 2010 12:38 PM
    Tman88
  • expl0siv0

Does Adam remind anyone of Larry David from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" when he gets all stressed about E3 and comic con? Anyone?
    Anyway, I don't really buy into the idea that eventually video games will run into this creative period like comics had in the 80s. I think that our society embraces creativity and ingenuity a lot better than American societies in that first period of comic books pre 1980s. But who am I to argue with the idea that the video games I love will be even better sometime down the road! I love the concept but, sorry, I don't really buy it.

Posted: July 28, 2010 9:06 AM
    expl0siv0
  • skillsthatkills

great soapbox like always G4 FTW

Posted: July 27, 2010 10:20 PM
    skillsthatkills
  • nowhatsgud

Never got into comics too much. I've been gaming since I was 6 years old. Technology being what it is. Gaming will evolve so much faster than comics. My guess is that in 5 years it will be hard to find a printed copy of a new comic. Comic fans better stock up on color printer cartridges. Otherwise, you'll be viewing your paper comics in black and white.

Posted: July 27, 2010 9:53 PM
    nowhatsgud
  • Stealthmaster86

Great episode. Why did you mention The Wall? That chest scene still haunts me.

Posted: July 27, 2010 9:42 PM
    Stealthmaster86
  • TheGravy

Adam, few people realize that you are the foundation of G4. You not only have the most original insight into the world of videogames, but you incessantly attempt to prove the validity of games as an artform, not mindless entertainment for children. I appreciate the fact that you are spending pushing new programs for the G4 website that are actually about video games, which is what the station was founded on. Stay true to the old G4!

Posted: July 27, 2010 7:47 PM
    TheGravy
  • CodyGilleyMcnugget

Once again amazing soapbox.

Posted: July 27, 2010 6:58 PM
    CodyGilleyMcnugget
  • wolfman01

The English major in you really shows, and accentuates the awesome rants that are your soapboxes.

Posted: July 27, 2010 6:22 PM
  • g4fan247

Great Soapbox as usual.

Posted: July 27, 2010 5:50 PM
    g4fan247
  • Matches Malone

Good analogy, Sess. Comparing the evolution of game development to that of story-telling in comics. Once again, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted: July 27, 2010 5:29 PM
    Matches+Malone
  • daemonbellum

4:07

Adam you're great and everything, but I wouldn't expect that mistake from an English major. Great soapbox though.

Posted: July 27, 2010 3:21 PM
    daemonbellum
  • Empyu

I was at the Gears of War panel and was seated next to the door. I seriously heard some yelling or crying outside from someone who couldn't make it in. I like Gears and all, but I would've gladly given up my seat if it meant there was one less person crying at comicon.

When they showed the gameplay footage, a lot of the people next to me kept talking about how they already saw it online, but they still cheered during the best parts.

Posted: July 27, 2010 3:16 PM
    Empyu
  • AdamSesslerClone

Nice polo adam! COMIC CON ROCKS!

Posted: July 27, 2010 3:14 PM
  • Jashin

Ted KcKeever! Metropol! Always loved the literacy of the show and the hosts, and here's a mention of one of my old favorites as well.

Nice mention, good soapbox, Adam. If only San Diego weren't on the far side othe continent and in another country. Maybe I'll get to one someday.

Posted: July 27, 2010 3:06 PM
    Jashin
  • ST33N

machinima on youtube has the halo reach panel on their profile and it was really cool.
    plus you get to drive the forklift

Posted: July 27, 2010 3:01 PM
    ST33N
  • MentalCase950

Another solid show Adam, sounds like it was a blast.

Posted: July 27, 2010 2:59 PM
    MentalCase950
  • UltraViolence74

halo reach? nothing? not even a mention...? and whats up with schreiners crooked nose?

Posted: July 27, 2010 2:48 PM
    UltraViolence74
  • blueboykc

good soapbox adam..thanks..sounds like you had an awesome time..

Posted: July 27, 2010 2:42 PM