Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Preview

Posted: July 21, 2010
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Preview
Adam Sessler gives you a preview of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Find out about the game's storyline, gameplay mechanics, QTE attacks, and the different types of enemies in this X-Play Preview of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

• TD_ThA_MoNsTa

I' not a huge Castlevania fan (though I am curious to play the classic side scrollers that are PSone classics on the PSN, as well as Symphony of the Night for Xbox live) so I really can't say hope this is better than the first 3D Castlevania. Definitely not ready to write this one off as an epic fail, nor am I sure if I'll pick this up this fall, but I'm definitely giving this game hope for success, seeing as how Kojima's involved in making this.

Posted: August 19, 2010 12:50 PM
    TD_ThA_MoNsTa
  • percygame

News from gamescom 2010 by Gladriel http://www.gladriel.com/newsFu ll/content/6701/Castlevania-Lo rds-of-Shadow-demo-impressions

Posted: August 19, 2010 6:38 AM
    percygame
  • monkeycurler

Sorry, I meant "would not" in my last post.

Posted: July 26, 2010 10:32 PM
  • monkeycurler

To be quite honest, this looks to be more of a Dante's Inferno rip if anything. It has the two masks, heaven and hell, to derive your spells from much similar to the scythe and the cross skills from Dante's. As for the actual combat, it has a derivative of God of War seeing the whip swing much like the swords. As for being a complete fail, I haven't seen anything to disappoint me so far. The story seems well written (a tad cookie-cutter-ish with the whole dead wife and all yet still fairly captivating), the combos shown seem very smooth and well programmed, and the voice acting will either send the dialogue over the top in greatness or simply help out with a failing script. I personally didn't think Curse of Darkness was all that bad. It had a cool idea, giving the whole "summon familiars" a new out-take, but it had a nasty downfall with the level design (which has always been a big part of the Castlevania series imo), the dialogue was very choppy and lacked sustenance, and I will say that a few of the controls were less than comfortable. I have faith in Kojima that they will take what seems to be like a great idea and actually make a very entertaining game out of this particular title. I would shoot this Castlevania title down so fast.

Posted: July 26, 2010 10:29 PM
  • verge109

I hope this game turn out to be good, because so far, I haven't seen much.
    It borrows a lot from God of war, but not as good when it comes to graphics though.
    The graphics in this game did not impress me much, but I have most of my hopes in its story.

Posted: July 26, 2010 12:46 AM
    verge109
  • Balisong

Yea seemed too much like a God of War that's a bit darker and has worse graphics. I hope it brings in something new. Doesn't look like it so far.

Posted: July 22, 2010 11:15 AM
    Balisong
  • Snowolf

Whats that? Kojima makes God of War?

Posted: July 22, 2010 4:17 AM
    Snowolf
  • Drebin_893

I just hope it doesnt turn into a god of war rip-off.

Posted: July 21, 2010 11:48 PM