Potential iPhone 4 Recall?

Posted: July 13, 2010
Potential iPhone 4 Recall?

Consumer Reports recently released a study about the iPhone 4's faulty antenna and hardware issues, which could lead Apple to recall the new smart phone from the market. Kevin Pereira digs deeper in this issue with Senior Electronics Editor of Consumer Reports, Mike Gikas on The Loop. It's potential good news for those early adopters who have been experiencing iPhone 4 woes!

• 0roburos

And this is why a Win phone (Droid ) is better. and you dont even have to install I tunes.. and you rock that razor kiddo.. i still have one too (pre-paid)

Posted: July 14, 2010 6:17 PM
    0roburos
  • lowkevmic

I love how g4 and Kevin are taking this iphone 4 issue so serious. When not even a few weeks ago, when they first reviewed the phone,Kevin was making fun of those who first experienced the problem on the day of the phone's release. Saying pretty much that the claim was false, and how the G4 staff had to do outrageous and never heard of ways to hold the phone in order to get it to lose bars. The guy from Consumer report comes on tv, and said all he had to do was place his finger on the phone and he got the same outcome as everyone else. Now since an exprt says there is a problem, Kevin is all of a sudden worried about the phone.

Posted: July 14, 2010 4:00 PM
    lowkevmic
  • kings_legacy

really was problaly going to buy a iphone 4 but now not thats for sure. what was with that mike guy downplaying that drop calls isn't a big problem and that its ok for apple to delete his findings on other websites. Mike when apple trys to pay you off you should say no... ohhh wait you already took it, now this interview makes sense.

Posted: July 14, 2010 3:50 PM
    kings_legacy
  • CuMorrigu

Not looking forward to iPhone 4, I'm left-handed and therefore tend to hold my iPhone in my left hand.

Little grip about Apple, I do like the iPhone, but...I've used many different phones, and I will say this is the first one where the common solution to your problems is to wipe the phone.

What's that you say, they've got a restore function? Yes but EVERY time I've ever had an issue with my phone, Apple support's inevitable response is to wipe the phone and restore as a new, so that much vaunted backup means NOTHING.

Then I get to weed through all my apps to determine which ones I want on there. I've had my iPhone for about 18 mos now and I've gone through ~6 phones and probably twice as many wipes, so it seems I end up rebuilding my phone from scratch about once-a-month or so, and let me tell you, it's a bloody PITA (pain-in-the-arse)!

Posted: July 14, 2010 9:06 AM
    CuMorrigu
  • CuMorrigu

Hey! What about us 3g/3gs users that got suckered in to the iOS4 upgrade? My 3g has been next to useless since the upgrade!

Posted: July 14, 2010 8:54 AM
    CuMorrigu
  • FunkyMcGee

Funny how Adam and Mike poke fun at apple and the iPhone then immediately following the video is an advertisement for the new fantastic G4tv app for your...iphone?

Posted: July 14, 2010 7:33 AM
    FunkyMcGee
  • CodyGilleyMcnugget

I'll just stick with a itouch and my crappy phone

Posted: July 14, 2010 3:06 AM
    CodyGilleyMcnugget
  • SirCitadel

apple admitting to a fault? bah. fat chance.

Posted: July 14, 2010 2:11 AM
    SirCitadel
  • obanana1

HAHA.... im glad im not in the US so the phone wont come until the the problem is fixed or they'll just give us free rubber thingees that help stop the problem. aether ways im glad that im not one of the 1.7 mills who bought the phone on its first day no offense o apple or the 1.7 million inpatient losers who should have known this was coming.

Posted: July 14, 2010 1:42 AM
    obanana1
  • zoomos

I think at this point, a recall is without a doubt going to happen, but a very sneaky one, people who demand an exchange will get one but if you don't complain, they don't "apple" care.

Posted: July 14, 2010 12:14 AM
    zoomos
  • BlackLable69

Thats interesting

Posted: July 13, 2010 10:31 PM
    BlackLable69
  • SkyCrawler

It was obvious

Posted: July 13, 2010 9:26 PM
    SkyCrawler
  • IXIELCHINGONIXI

lol you can tell this guy is gonna get fired if he says one negative opinion about that phone...

Posted: July 13, 2010 9:04 PM
    IXIELCHINGONIXI
  • slayingsumfools

I still can't understand why they put the gap at the bottom where it's held to begin with? I mean whether you're right or left handed it was going to be a problem.

Posted: July 13, 2010 8:29 PM
    slayingsumfools
  • chubi-_-

i have a rubber case that only corers the external antennae and it completely eliminates this problem

Posted: July 13, 2010 8:29 PM
  • Toady909

Not happy with this whole recall thing. I do not own the phone but I have used my sisters excessively and it works great. The apps run smoother and the phone is overall better than any other I-phone I have played with (I have the 3GS). The calls also work great. I don't hold my phone like an idiot so I don't think I'll have this problem once I upgrade.

Posted: July 13, 2010 8:16 PM
    Toady909
  • DXX117

ok i want to know where olivia is?? n i knew this would happen lol

Posted: July 13, 2010 8:05 PM
    DXX117
  • techguy1

thanks guys i owe you one I was just about to upgrade from my Razor (dont judge) when I heard about this.

Posted: July 13, 2010 7:40 PM
  • UndeadNightingale

Looks like my husband is going to have to say bye bye to his iPhone4! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I still can't believe Steve tried telling customers that they are holding the phone wrong!

Posted: July 13, 2010 7:20 PM