Fresh Ink Online: Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Batwoman

Posted: July 9, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Batwoman
Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler reviews Northlanders: The Sea Road, Ghost Projekt, Wonder Woman, The Invincible Iron Man: Annual, and Batwoman: Elegy.

• Pizawle

Whoops, posted under the wrong vid.

Posted: July 30, 2010 11:50 AM
    Pizawle
  • Pizawle

Amazing stuff, Miss Butler.

Posted: July 30, 2010 11:50 AM
    Pizawle
  • mikeotal

haha! high kicks and vaginas!!! :D

You killed me on that one Blair!

Posted: July 15, 2010 6:49 PM
    mikeotal
  • mikeotal

haha! high kicks and vaginas!!! :D

You killed me on that one Blair!

Posted: July 15, 2010 6:40 PM
    mikeotal
  • comicgod

just want to say a friend snt me a link to your show and just spent allllll day watching all your post. i am hooked, big time. i am getting back into comics again, well been buying grafic novles for the last 2 years (won a $2500 gift card for the local book store so alot of it was free grafic novles hehehe) and am starting my sascription up this week (horrable speller sorry)and have an idea of what i am getting but not to sure on all the tittles that are good. your show is a big help though. also am buying my buds old collection involving 6 big comic boxes full (all the good ones from 85 till 95)so will have a big reading llist ahead of me.im rambling but just want to say i will be paying attention to your show more offten from now on.
    p.s i notice your wearing a ring :(((((( (hehe)

Posted: July 13, 2010 11:06 PM
    comicgod
  • Pizawle

Right on, Blair! Same Picks of the Week!

Posted: July 11, 2010 10:48 PM
    Pizawle
  • tamahome02000

I read Batwoman. She smiles a lot and looks like a vampire. I liked her better in 52. The pictures were pretty (although confusing), and there were only like 10 words in it.

Posted: July 11, 2010 8:44 PM
    tamahome02000
  • T30

insecure much blair?

Posted: July 11, 2010 8:40 PM
    T30
  • Dream~Machine

you sould do a fresh ink with indipendent underground comics, for people that don't follow the MARVEL and DC universes...well at least I can't keep track of it

Posted: July 11, 2010 2:44 PM
    Dream%7eMachine
  • miztickow

Here's the pic of that white pants suit wonder woman: http://wonderwoman.50webs.com/ images/WonderWoman1970s.jpg

Posted: July 10, 2010 11:30 AM
  • Slouchy

Nice editing! He said sarcastically. I could've edited this ep by using cut-ups of past podcasts. But that's cool, whatever. I guess the DADT part made the 'fix it in post' guy nervous.

Anyway, I'm sick of super heroes being dolled up in black. It's so cliche. Just as cliche as the attempted costume reboots in the 70's that made everyone look like a pimp. Put pants on WW, I don't care. But make it stars and stripes or something. Dress her up like Uma in Kill Bill. Comic books are suppose to have color.

Posted: July 10, 2010 9:31 AM
    Slouchy
  • TeddyKGB

First of all, not having Blair's words match the movement of her mouth towards the end was a bold, avant-garde artistic choice.

Second, if we're really worried about WW's vagine, put her in hot pants or something. The boustierre and thigh-high boots are part of the lasso/bondage vibe.

Third, why isn't Blair worried about the Sub-Mariner falling out of his Speedo?

Posted: July 10, 2010 3:50 AM
    TeddyKGB
  • Vinzter

If you high-kick a zombie and your vagina pops out of your shorts...that's gotta be one huge, misshapen vagina.

Posted: July 9, 2010 7:22 PM
    Vinzter
  • Fan4G4

Since you brought it up, let's start a pool when and how Wonder Woman will be retconned. I say at the end of this first run as the time stream will be repaired after WW saves the day. This is just testing the waters for the movie script and style.

Posted: July 9, 2010 5:48 PM
    Fan4G4
  • thewriteguy

Blair said the V Word! *tee hee, insecure male in me squirming*

BTW, on a technical note, am I the only one who finds the volume level of this podcast extremely low? I have the volume cranked up all the way to 11 on both my computer and the media player.

Posted: July 9, 2010 5:25 PM
    thewriteguy
  • longbowhunter

The Iron Man Annual was GREAT! It was nice to pay $5 for a book and it be 80 pages. If I didnt already have all the issues of Batwoman Detective Comics, I'd for sure buy that hardcover. Awesome character and good stories!!

Posted: July 9, 2010 4:27 PM
    longbowhunter
  • zer0guard

i completely agree with blair about wonder woman. loving the pants

Posted: July 9, 2010 4:19 PM
    zer0guard
  • WildfireFox

How come the voice goes off sync towards the end when they close up on Blair's face?

Posted: July 9, 2010 3:40 PM
    WildfireFox
  • blueboykc

good job blair..:)

Posted: July 9, 2010 3:37 PM
    blueboykc
  • brotherTodd

Loved that Iron Man Annual! Love that lady telling me about books on my screen!

Posted: July 9, 2010 3:30 PM