Rage First Look Preview

Posted: July 6, 2010
Rage First Look Preview
Adam Sessler takes a look at Rage, the new shooter from Bethesda and id Software. Find out about the game's storyline, weapons, vehicles, missions and more in this X-Play Preview of Rage.

• cyphi1

that's a beautiful game.

Posted: August 11, 2010 7:59 PM
    cyphi1
  • willermasterkiller

Well if you can see this game has a uncompressed software build of one terabite and can do quality up to 125000 by 125000 with textureing and with the new i5 engine, yes this game will be super sweet but most of the standard gamers won't be able to play it with their regular computers, oh for xbox it will be two disks and on ps3 it will be one. look it up on wikipedia

Posted: July 24, 2010 10:59 AM
    willermasterkiller
  • ^Shane^

Pivital.

Posted: July 10, 2010 3:02 PM
    %5eShane%5e
  • J sinneD

and this could be a great lead into, say an online RoadRage remake... I still think its an awesome idea.

Posted: July 8, 2010 3:23 PM
    J+sinneD
  • playsbydesign

I'll agree that this game is a technical achievement. No one is denying that.

However, I am worried about everything else. The art design in todays market of games seems dated for the genre. The gameplay also, from what I've seen, seems to be delivering a similar experience you can play in games today. Denying the parallels to this game and Borderlands would be a very ignorant gesture. Regardless of which was in development longer, Borderlands has been released and has met with success. Comparisons will be made.

It doesn't seem like ID is really trying to create something new and different with the tools they have made. As a result I find it very difficult to get excited for the game. ID has made an impressive set of tools and a wonderful engine but, from what I've seen, this feels like a glorified demonstration of those tools in action rather than an experience based on gameplay and design. I think people are at this point judging this book by it's cover.

Posted: July 8, 2010 1:28 PM
    playsbydesign
  • Thakker

John Carmack.. is God.

Posted: July 8, 2010 12:20 PM
    Thakker
  • Komodo

CAN'T WAIT.

I heart id.

Posted: July 7, 2010 4:30 PM
    Komodo
  • losangeles117

Rage vs FALLOUT Vegas= ?

So far Rage got the best graphics
    about gameplay= Can't really tell yet.
    Fan base= Fallout.
    Story= Can't reaaly tell, but Rage feels more interesting.

I can't wait to play both..

Posted: July 7, 2010 12:39 PM
    losangeles117
  • tannerjroll

KICKASS!! i'm definitely preordering this

Posted: July 7, 2010 12:39 PM
    tannerjroll
  • MartiansfromUranus

"There are many games coming out in the next year. Many of them based on Naruto."

HIDE! RUN! SAVE US RAGE! Save us from the horrors of lame kung fu anime show-games.

Posted: July 7, 2010 7:38 AM
    MartiansfromUranus
  • BlackLable69

Looks very promising

Posted: July 6, 2010 11:28 PM
    BlackLable69
  • Genocide666

i think i may have busted a nut seeing this

Posted: July 6, 2010 11:06 PM
    Genocide666
  • mee5

This game maybe the best first person shooter ever to exist

Posted: July 6, 2010 10:30 PM
    mee5
  • obvious2me

*heart palpatations* *drools* Best looking game I have ever laid my eyes upon.

Posted: July 6, 2010 8:57 PM
    obvious2me
  • Noble 6

I love this game.

Posted: July 6, 2010 8:47 PM
    Noble+6
  • hoof_hearted4

reminds me of a love child between Borderlands and FallOut (3)

i WANT this game NOW every time i see a video, even if its the same one i wanna cry because i can imagine how many hours this is going to soak up and i want a game to do that again...ironically FallOut and Borderlands were the last two to do that (and Demons Souls)

hurry up 2011 wtf

Posted: July 6, 2010 7:18 PM
    hoof_hearted4
  • SliQuid

looks awesome...

Posted: July 6, 2010 7:11 PM
    SliQuid
  • RealKocho

I like what id do to their games, I mean Doom 3 was great, linear but the tech was awesome for its time and Rage is just going to be that much sweeter. Can't wait to play it.

Posted: July 6, 2010 4:25 PM