Fresh Ink Online: Even More Graphic Novels!

Posted: July 2, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Even More Graphic Novels!
As Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler preps for Comic-Con, she brings you some choice graphic novels for your pleasure, including Blacksad, Gotham Central, Jonah Hex: No Way Back, Invincible, and Underground.

• iFirefly

Harvey Pekar dead: American Splendor comic writer was 70

Harvey was a an observer of life with a unique way of reporting his insights to everyone else, a savant of brilliant proportion who sometimes suffering from very bad timing, as when he pissed off Letterman by attacking GE, who owned the network who made him famous.

Anyone who hasn't seen American Splendor in print or the condensed movie version has missed out on a brilliant performance by the cast as well as the real people of American Splendor.

Washington Post Article:
    http://www.washingtonpost.co m/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/ 07/12/AR2010071202413.html?hpi d=moreheadlines

Posted: July 12, 2010 5:47 PM
    iFirefly
  • Miguel2099

Blair, all your graphic novel suggestions are killing my bank account. After every episode, the comic book industries' stock probably rises 10 points. If you can, can you please include prices. When you do it for floppies, it does help a lot.

Posted: July 6, 2010 1:04 AM
    Miguel2099
  • RandyMercer

I completely agree with Blair Butler's opinion on Invincible Vol. 12 that arc has so many jaw-dropping moments you just tell yourself "screw it, stay down there until I'm done" even now the story is awesome on a ridiculous level. To me it is the best super hero story I've ever read. At least one of them.

Blacksad sounds great I'll be looking for it furiously.

Posted: July 4, 2010 6:04 PM
    RandyMercer
  • Pizawle

Awesome as always Blair. Your presentation is what really makes these segments shine. Awesome personality.

And thank you for a wonderful recommendation! I bought Blacksad from Amazon right away. So excited!

Posted: July 3, 2010 6:49 PM
    Pizawle
  • The Nameless Monster

Thank you i love obscure stuff (blacksad) that come out of nowhere to shine a little bit.

Posted: July 3, 2010 3:57 PM
    The+Nameless+Monster
  • Save_Mondo

damn the art alone on blacksad is awesome..im gonna have to pick up blacksad

Posted: July 2, 2010 11:06 PM
    Save_Mondo
  • mikeotal

No need to apologize Blair, another great show, thanks! :)

Posted: July 2, 2010 5:15 PM
    mikeotal
  • Fan4G4

Looks like I'll pick up Blacksad. By the way, does it have any relation to Omaha, the Cat Dancer? I was intrigued by it growing up but too young to buy it.

Posted: July 2, 2010 3:59 PM
    Fan4G4
  • longbowhunter

The fact that Blacksad has beautifuly rendered cat heads is what caught my interest. This will be my next hardcover purchase!

Posted: July 2, 2010 3:57 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Jilani77

WHERE IS LOCKE AND KEY and WHEN WILL THE NEXT ISSUE COME OUT?????
    btw, thanks, i got into L&K cuz of Fresh Ink, great comic book XD

Posted: July 2, 2010 11:52 AM
  • Keyboardczar

Will have to pick up Blacksad and Gotham Central. I'm excited to see what is to come at Comic-Con!

Posted: July 2, 2010 10:59 AM