Portal 2 E3 2010 Demo Part 2 "Excursion Funnel"

Posted: June 29, 2010
Portal 2 E3 2010 Demo Part 2 "Excursion Funnel"
Valve demonstrates the power of the excursion funnel in part two of their Portal 2 E3 2010 demo.

• PyroJake78

Hopefully they will have difficulty settings or know how to make it fun for casual gamers

Posted: August 8, 2010 10:47 AM
    PyroJake78
  • KilledFirst

Last I checked portal is a puzzle game. How does puzzle equate to hardcore gamer? You don't have to be this "HARDCORE GAMER" to play a puzzle game. Besides who changed the original definition of a hardcore gamer (40+ hours a week of gaming) to some unbeatable player. Just because you log an insane amount of hours doesn't mean you instantly beat a new game in record time without ever dying, or having to restart.

Posted: August 7, 2010 4:41 PM
    KilledFirst
  • Anoutkast

I for one was not to challenged by the first portal blew through it in 3 hours but the challenges gave me plenty of replay time. I hope P2 takes my brain and twists it so hard that I forget how to speak.

Posted: August 7, 2010 3:51 PM
    Anoutkast
  • NinjaVanish

I can't stand the casual market ! I rather enjoy games that make me think! Games like Portal 2 will be frustrating . but being challenged is entertaining !

Posted: August 7, 2010 11:45 AM
  • NinjaVanish

I'm so sick of the casual market! I rather enjoy games that make me think. Games like portal two I'm sure will make people frustrated, but be challenged is entertaining !

Posted: August 7, 2010 11:41 AM
  • Rinon460

I think the more appropriate question would be "Who cares?" Why are we so concerned with what the "casual market" is attracted to?

Posted: August 6, 2010 8:33 PM
    Rinon460
  • luckylowy

i think its going to be fun not hard ull get the hang of it along the way

Posted: August 6, 2010 4:09 PM
    luckylowy
  • power-o-pwn

Aw yeea pre- ordered this in may it's gonna be good.

Posted: August 6, 2010 1:18 PM
    power-o-pwn
  • ilovemyjeep

When I think casual gamer, I think Wii. If I remember correctly Portal didn't exist on the Wii. The people who purchased the Orange Box were hardcore gamers. I doubt the same people who love Half Life, Team Fortress, and Portal would have the same zeal for games like Wii Sports. How many casual gamers bought the Orange Box knowing one of the most cleverly written, magnificently designed games was just waiting inside? None. Only the hardcore could possibly appreciate Portal's brilliance.

Portal 2 SHOULD be difficult. Why? Because the original Portal was. It only makes sense to amp up the difficultly. As gamers we should embrace games that present a challenge. Far too many titles today are insultingly simple---Red Dead Redemption for example. Video games as of late have, in my opinion, grown soft. In an attempt to make things 'accessible' (and rake in more cash), developers have toned downed the arduous nature of their games in exchange for the pick-up-and-play mentality. It's a shame. Give me Demon's Souls! Give me Portal 2! Give me your worst, your most formidable!

Posted: August 6, 2010 12:22 PM
    ilovemyjeep
  • ColeBeans

The answer to your title is YES...for those who think no, then you are either a genius or you didn't play the first one. I thought the first game was difficult and looking at the trailers for Portal 2 it looks like it gets even more difficult.

Posted: August 6, 2010 11:37 AM
    ColeBeans
  • SquallLionhart25

this game will make my brain explode and leak out of my ears, but i will play and enjoy every second of it.

Posted: August 6, 2010 11:26 AM
  • Snoutish

I had the incredible privilege of play-testing Portal 2. I have no association with Valve. I am an average gamer in my ability. I didn't play co-op, only single player.

And I will just say that it was incredibly fun and addictive with a sweet learning curve. I was psychologically upset when I had to stop playing the game. I still resent them for making me stop. I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I won't be able to play it again until it comes out.

Posted: August 6, 2010 11:14 AM
  • DPsx72

I'm not casual at all, I just didn't play it because Steam is a virus and Valve is disgusting for releasing that garbage to us. Why can't we just buy a CLEAN version of the game? Until then they'll just have to be short a few more customers.

Posted: August 6, 2010 10:54 AM
    DPsx72
  • Jakeasaur

well casual gamers can suck it! hahahah

Posted: August 6, 2010 10:49 AM
    Jakeasaur
  • Bandit690

Doesn't matter whos playing it, all that does matter is Im playing it regardless if others do or not, even if X-play gives it a horrible score, and if its the worst game in the world and everyone says it sucks.....Im playing it.

Posted: August 6, 2010 10:41 AM
    Bandit690
  • dantastic4

Casual as in the COD fratboy fanbase yes ,nerdy real gamer no.

Posted: August 6, 2010 10:17 AM
    dantastic4
  • dman3989

I just hope they have another really cool and catchy song at the end, kind of like "Still Alive". Awesome ending!

Posted: August 6, 2010 10:03 AM
    dman3989
  • Zzanzabar

The only reason I played Portal was because it was bundled with 3 other games in the Orange Box collection (I HATE puzzle games). While I wouldn't be considered a 'casual' gamer (whatever that is) I did play Portal causally, that is to say a level every once and awhile until I finished it. Because it is a game that you can play at your own pace, I see no problem for the casual gamers out there. The only problem might be the ending. You would not believe the number of people who came up to me and said that dying in a fire pit was a stupid way to end a game. LOL

Posted: August 6, 2010 9:07 AM
    Zzanzabar
  • ListenUp

"In fact I, along with many of my friends, encouraged our non-game savvy friends to try Portal in order to show them an example of how great videogames can be". <- I've been there, but it's also the type of thinking that bothers me. This is a Valve game, and we're wondering if it will be too hard for casual gamers. Remember, they're causal gamers. That's not just referring to time spent on games, or types of games played. It's also, in my opinion, the way they look at games in general. My friends who are causal gamers, could care less if something is too hard, because they'll just quit, and never play it again. I've gotten some free games for that very reason, and I hope one of my friends picks up Portal 2 before I do.

It's not causal gamers who want casual games, it's companies hoping to make more money. Keep gaming for real gamers, because that's how we continue to get better games and less gimmicks.

Posted: August 6, 2010 8:49 AM
    ListenUp
  • mrtategamer

Cant wait for this game but I cant help but feeling they could use this in a college class to see how well the students are able to do the puzzles and Valve could make a new one every couple of week for them

Posted: August 6, 2010 7:47 AM