Front Mission Evolved Wanzer Dev Diary

Posted: June 25, 2010
Front Mission Evolved Wanzer Dev Diary
What is a Wanzer? Double Helix developers explain that they're giant, military robots in Front Mission Evolved, not whatever strange thought that popped into your head just now.

• awsomesauce

No Gundam, No Gundam, No Gundam...

Posted: June 28, 2010 1:22 AM
    awsomesauce
  • elite_hoster

they should leave 3rd person/first person games to mechwarrior, armored core was lucky since makers mechwarrior went in hiding. gave armored core a future, but front mission is different story this is wrong, Japanese always assume they know what's best for western world or places close to japan, not looking good, ever since square-enix joined forces the cgi have been awesome but from gaming terms horrible.

Posted: June 27, 2010 10:07 PM
    elite_hoster
  • elite_hoster

I have to agree with heiro

Posted: June 27, 2010 10:00 PM
    elite_hoster
  • FIREfortheSOUL

ok #1....yes this reminds me a lot of armored core, #2....I really hope this game is awesome because since the chromehounds server went down I really need a good mech based game to play, and #3.....what ever happened to the new mechwarrior game? Get that game out of the legal limbo it's in and get out into our consoles/pc's already. It's been years since I played a mechwarrior game.

Posted: June 27, 2010 8:12 PM
    FIREfortheSOUL
  • BoydofZINJ

Now only if we can get a true Battletech game out there or a non suxxor Robotech game. However, I think the Battletech game will not come out - because they dont know how to read licenses and copyright laws. This does look interesting, but it seems too arcadeish.

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:58 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • grunge sofa

Pretty cool, but I had more customization in Phantom Crash, and thats how old?
    I guess I just want another Phantom Crash.

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:06 AM
    grunge+sofa
  • NortheastMonk

FM3 has to be one of my most favorite games of all!

Posted: June 26, 2010 6:12 PM
    NortheastMonk
  • V_Translanka

Weird to see a SRPG-turned-Armored Core clone (with bullet time, how quaint!)...hope is good, but also just want another good SRPG from the series...When is the DS port of Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness going to come out already?

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:28 AM
    V_Translanka
  • ZentrixPrime

Doesn't even look as clean or as nice as Armored Core. This is their first try into this style i doubt this will be as good. I believe it is a good attempt to try to bring something new into the Front Mission series which I love but just check out the trailer for the new Armored Core 5 or even 4 and tell me which one you rather play. Its kinda like Rock Band vs Guitar hero but at this point its Guitar Hero 5 vs Rock Band 1. Compare those two games and see who has a more solid game.

Posted: June 26, 2010 10:38 AM
    ZentrixPrime
  • luiskami

It actually looks like it might control better than Armored core and the gundam game we've always wanted. It looks good to me, but I'm with the rest of you that I wanted a turn base rts. I didnt like front mission 4 so thats why I wanted a turn base game instead. But I'm still down for this game. Its still hase FM flavor to it.

Posted: June 26, 2010 9:30 AM
    luiskami
  • HE1RO

I wished they would've stuck with the turn based gameplay, and focused on making it look better and adding more mechs and weapons.

And skinjob u r right, it does look like armored core. I prolly wont buy it seeing that i allready have the good ones...And armored core.

Posted: June 26, 2010 6:46 AM
    HE1RO
  • Apsalus07

What's up with that red-faced guy? Does he have lupus or rosacea? He sounds so sickly and weak when he's talking. Poor guy needs a checkup.

On the subject of the game, Front Mission always stood out for me as the best TURN-based mech game ever. Now it's just a generic 3rd person action mech game like Gundam and Armored Core. They can never stand out from the crowd; the spokesperson couldn't even name any real unique features.

Posted: June 25, 2010 5:00 PM
    Apsalus07
  • skinjob

Kinda reminds me of armored core.

Posted: June 25, 2010 4:37 PM