Crackdown 2 Direct-Feed Demo Gameplay

Posted: June 23, 2010
Crackdown 2 Direct-Feed Demo Gameplay
Microsoft and Ruffian Games released the timed demo for Crackdown 2 this week on Xbox Live. Have you had the chance to get a head start on cleaning up Pacific City?

• dmc3master

i tried the demo and it was excellent. now i never played crackdown. since i played this demo now i know what crackdown is and it is good

Posted: June 27, 2010 9:18 AM
  • GreedyMcNasty

Sweet Demo

Everyone was crying about a time limit, so we found a glitch for that. now we have unlimited time. What about that damn red barrier? Oh that's right there is a glitch for that also. Now you can log on and invite your friends to a great game.

I played so much the last 2 days, I think I need a crack down break. The coolest thing about the game. Having to super cars ram into a buggy at the same time. Launching me higher than the towers, jumping out, that allowed for some fun suit gliding time.

Posted: June 24, 2010 12:25 PM
    GreedyMcNasty
  • BladeofOnyx

I loved the first game and love the way the second incarnation is shaping up. I've already pre-ordered mine. Love that the "voice of the agency" is alot snarkier this go around. This is going to be a blast, can't wait to blow things up with my friends. Folks whining and crying about stuff are the same folks who would complain about ice cream being too cold.

Posted: June 24, 2010 11:11 AM
    BladeofOnyx
  • Nagato6192

The demo started out not too well, but after about 4 minutes, it was amazing! One complaint was the control scheme, mainly the targeting system, i couldnt toggle through bad guys like from C1. the weapon and vehicle system seems more deep.

Posted: June 24, 2010 9:22 AM
    Nagato6192
  • lowkevmic

For those who don't know how the glitch works it's simple....

1. Start the demo, and make all of you selections for your character and stop once you see the character confirmation pop up.

2. once you see that, you must unplug your connection and press A at the same time

3. Once that happens, the game will begin to load up but will stop and another window will pop up.

4. Sign back in to your account, then cancel out of that window.

5. Start a new game, and if it worked, the 30:00 time clock will be frozen, but you won't know until your new game begins.

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:30 AM
    lowkevmic
  • greyfish7

at first I wasn't sure about the visuals, granted the original gfx dont stand up much today compared to justcause2 or gta4. but it looked more like borderlands to me honestly, just in a city. which isn't a bad thing, just wasnt what I was expecting.

could be my tv, it does teh suck

then I heard the low pulsating hum of an agility orb....and no longer cared about the gfx.

that first location has a ton of the green crack just floatin all over! man I Stopped killin people and just jumped around for a bit!

later after wandering off, I found myself in one of the dirt areas I think around the perimeter of the first island in the original game...low on ammo, nothin around, and then the sun went down, and I was surrounded by zombies! er I mean freaks!

who cares? it was awesome!

Thus far I'm as giddy as I can be, I gotz me crackdown back!

and I know it's like from a Scottish studio, but whoever decided to publish this thing AFTER a 3day weekend and NOT before should be thrown off the agency tower.

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:23 AM
    greyfish7
  • Skullz930

Everything from the game feels dated, from the graphics to the driving and everything in between. This doesn't determine it as fun or not but it does put a strain on it, for me anyways. Crackdown 2 looks like a GTA game for very casual games. Like Crackdown 1 it seems pretty straight-forward. Shoot these people and collect orbs to level up. The orb collecting seems much less frustrating than collecting orbs in Prototype and maybe even really fun, but to me there are just soooo many better games coming out, like right now I'm trying to get my hands on Split/Second and Transformers. Crackdown 2 looks like the best generic game you can buy but i don't know if that's good or not, and honestly after playing the demo. I don't have much of a will to be sure.

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:23 AM
    Skullz930
  • lowkevmic

I really can't say how I feel about the game based off the demo. No matter how awesome the demo may be, it's still not the finished product. But just off of what I played, I honestly like the first one better. Not that this was a bad game, but it is very obvious that this is made from a different studio. The players felt stiff compared to how the players in the first one almost had an animated feel to them. Aiming really wasn't an issue for me. I felt like I had a little more control over my vehicle in this one then I did on the first crackdown. But then again it was an Agency car, and not one of your personal vehicles. All in all, it was good, but I was expecting it to be practically identical to the first one in the sense of style and feel. Just with new enemies, maps, and weapons, and possibly characters with a personality. As excited as I was for the second Crackdown, I think I'm gonna wait until a come across a used copy. Awww....who am I kidding, I'm still buying it the day it comes out!!

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:16 AM
    lowkevmic
  • CLFresh

the main reasoni got crackdown was bc it had the halo beta. i found out later after playing the game that its rather addicting. problem is its not an addicting enough game for me to complete the story (in which i still havent). ill def download the demo and give it a chance tho.

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:15 AM
    CLFresh
  • kgsfrog1664

Hmmmmm...not to knock the dev, but I have come to not put a lot of trust in "it's fixed in the full game" responses when something this major (the targeting issue) is released in a demo.

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:03 AM
    kgsfrog1664
  • edgeofblade

Oh, great... it's another game people will remain delightfully aloof to and nitpick at.

Posted: June 24, 2010 7:57 AM
    edgeofblade
  • xxomaridxx

I think the demo overall is great a few complants i hope are fixed though. I think lock on and melee should definatly be there Driving feels a bit clunky as apposed to the first game and the turret turning speed is extremely slow which renders it kind of useless. And one more thing i liked the old cell shaded graphics made it feel more action packed and comic related.

Posted: June 24, 2010 7:03 AM
  • IBloodstormI

Anyone saying they noticed a good change between the first game and this may or may not have been on drug while playing.

No, but I didn't feel and improvement what so ever. Even graphically it is not better than what I already have. I will wait for it to hit the bargain bins before dropping a cent on it. They did not make enough improvements on the original games few imperfections, like movement, melee, targeting, and driving. None of them feel improved, they still feel like Crackdown 1, driving even worse.

Posted: June 24, 2010 4:43 AM
    IBloodstormI
  • V_Translanka

All I basically did was jump around collecting Agility Orbs...It was fun and I do not care about Achievements...

Posted: June 24, 2010 2:07 AM
    V_Translanka
  • Brandon_M

Excellent demo, definitely worth downloading! They've amped up the amount of NPC's onscreen, specifically for the freaks at night time. Which is just plain awesome!

Posted: June 23, 2010 9:18 PM
    Brandon_M
  • alexmers

just do the time glich and you can get a better opinon on the game

Posted: June 23, 2010 9:02 PM
    alexmers
  • ddf

I like the game but I get dezzy the cant play

Posted: June 23, 2010 9:01 PM
    ddf
  • vigorm0rtis

Crackdown 1.5. Not worth my dime, at least at full price.

Posted: June 23, 2010 8:48 PM
    vigorm0rtis
  • IXIELCHINGONIXI

yeah, all i have to say is targeting on this game is not as good as the first, and the cross air isnt too cool either.

Posted: June 23, 2010 8:45 PM
    IXIELCHINGONIXI
  • Tmidiman

I like the game except for the zombies or freaks. I wish they were not there. I don't care for Left 4 Dead and this feature ruins the game a bit for me. Most likely I will skip any zombie missions and just go to the roof tops at night.

Wish theta didn't ruin it by adding zombies.

Posted: June 23, 2010 8:25 PM