BP Gulf Oil Spill Devastation

Posted: June 23, 2010
BP Gulf Oil Spill Devastation

The BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a growing problem that is devastating an area that was just only getting itself back on its feet after Hurricane Katrina. Kevin Pereira ventured south to talk to the victims of the oil spill and how we can help.

Watch PART 2 of this special report with Kevin Pereira, where he investigates the harsh effect of the oil spill on the environment and wildlife.

• Bionic_Crouton

Kevin definateley has top notch interview skills. I expected a light humourous video but was pleasently surprised at the serious side of G4 and Kevin,the producers,the directors and all the staff showed skills rivaling those of Fox or CNN. Brilliant G4 for stepping up your game.No pun intended.

Posted: January 2, 2011 4:54 AM
    Bionic_Crouton
  • Hybrid_AK

I would like to say that this was definetly a disaster. People need to realize, however, that this situation was made worse because BP was forced by environmentalists to drill way out in sea. If they had been allowed to drill in shallower waters like they wanted, the cleanup and the fix would have been much faster. I'm not saying that BP is the "good guy" as they have done a poor job of handling everything, but people need to be aware.

Posted: December 30, 2010 7:55 PM
    Hybrid_AK
  • Pariah3

This was no accident!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ states-need-to-launch-criminal -investigation-into-bp-federal -governments-role-in-oil-spill .html

Posted: June 28, 2010 1:54 AM
    Pariah3
  • BlackLable69

Its events like this that tempt me to the "Dark Side" of the force and make me feel like I sacrificed myself for nothing.

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:30 PM
    BlackLable69
  • iiTheSiickii

How sad

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:19 PM
    iiTheSiickii
  • listlurker

@coolman229 Actually, that was a lie/misunderstanding started by Sarah Palin in an interview. The White House accepted the Dutch help, and they're on-site. Take a look.

Posted: June 27, 2010 5:25 AM
    listlurker
  • flaminghobo

This is a truly catastrophic disaster this needs to stop.

Posted: June 26, 2010 9:21 PM
    flaminghobo
  • coolman229

I'm sorry, but Obama is not doing anything to help. He's hurt more than anything. The Dutch government offered to send skimmers that would scoop oil out of the water, but Obama refused. BP isn't doing much either, but somebody has to. Too bad our government doesn't care.

Posted: June 26, 2010 8:59 PM
    coolman229
  • assassin323

Thanks for coming down to Lousisana to do this coverage. I live here, and in recent years it seems like something bad always seems to befall us every few years. What happened truly is a catastrophe. Though I certainly feel no great love for BP, this could have happened to any other company, and I have no idea how they can fix a problem of this size. If any positive is to come for this, I hope it is that America finally realizes we need an alternative energy source. Oil is a good temporary source, but we're going to need to move on eventually.

Posted: June 26, 2010 6:12 PM
    assassin323
  • thePcgamer

I applaud G4 for doing this story

Posted: June 26, 2010 5:20 PM
    thePcgamer
  • krypto74

In my humble opinion, it would be a great addition to G4's line up to create a 30min news show from the "gamer's perspective." Heck you already have a name for it "The Feed." AOTS is in my mind what Entertainment Tonight started as back in the 80's and is an entertainment news show. But Keven has proven to me that a program where they tackle actual news from "our" perspective would be a worthwhile and positive impact to the G4 viewership. In a world where no one reports news without a spin of some kinds, we should have one that reports it the way geeks and gamers will be receptive.

Posted: June 26, 2010 1:27 PM
    krypto74
  • The Nameless Monster

I wish they would just try to stop the flow instead ciphering it still, which only slows the flow done. I guess they're just gonna kept getting as much oil outta this until there satisfied.

Posted: June 26, 2010 12:40 PM
    The+Nameless+Monster
  • ponchosombrero

may the phrase "drill baby drill" rest in peace.
    We wish we never knew ye.

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:54 AM
    ponchosombrero
  • RobinGoose

Wow, simply amazing. Congratulations Kevin, you deserve a Pulitzer. Corporate owned CNN and FOX just bicker and argue and make this a political issue. You and G4 are the only channel on tv that has done respectable coverage. A few alernative media websites have but nothing on television, there is a media blackout on the truth so thank you for bringing it to the masses.

And thank you for admitting that Billy Nungessers answer to your question was BS, thats such an important thing. "Sticking it to BP" isn't the solution, its a scapegoat to make BP look bad and Obama look good when really they are on the same team.

Its up to us young people, gamers, hackers, the independent alternative movement who know the truth. This spill is such an inside job, just like 9/11. I Salute you for not making this a left or right wing piece, or a bleeding heart PETA story. This was hard truth and whiped the oil out of every ones eyes and woke them up. This is the definitive "loose change" of the Bp Oil Spill.

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:41 AM
    RobinGoose
  • Buzzerker74

oh please save the poor little helpless animals from the oil so we can cook them and eat them!

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:35 AM
    Buzzerker74
  • Buzzerker74

kinda strange that there was no emergency protocol to follow for situation like this huh? seems like they would have thought about how to cap it off before they even began driling huh? all i have to say is im glad i dont like shrimp and damned glad i dont live near the coast! screw the environment! let it rot!

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:27 AM
    Buzzerker74
  • cwhas2godhands

The electric car has to be the only positive that can come out this disaster. And just a recommendation to the BP spokesman; don't chuckle before you say "catastrophe", and stop blaming government.

Good work, Kevin.

Posted: June 26, 2010 8:08 AM
    cwhas2godhands
  • JMason1984

Thanks Kevin for going out and helping the Gulf by providing a news piece and update on the oil spill; giving us an update on the lives affected by this horrible event created by corp. irresponsibility, but more importantly giving us geeks info. on how to help out.

Posted: June 26, 2010 5:48 AM
  • Vinzter

I'm surprised they didn't have a bikini clad Munn rolling around in a baby pool full of oil just to "drive the point home."

That's about what she's capable of.

Posted: June 26, 2010 4:41 AM
    Vinzter
  • Keytay

I registered here today just so I could tell you what a great job you did with this story Kevin and crew.
    I have always respected G4 for your great game reviews and news but I never bothered to register to comment until now. Keep up the great work. Even bigger Respect!

Posted: June 26, 2010 4:36 AM