Silent Hill 8 (working title) E3 2010 Trailer

Posted: June 23, 2010
Silent Hill 8 (working title) E3 2010 Trailer
Konami provides a nightmarish look at latest, upcoming addition to the Silent Hill franchise in this trailer that debuted at E3 2010.

• ~that1guy~

silent hill games are always awesome. and this one looks just as good

Posted: July 29, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Cryo$tinG267

This game looks crazy. I'm a big fan of Silent Hill. I love it for its memorable stories, characters, graphics, and monsters. As long as this title doesn't screw up like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, then we have ourselves a hit.

Posted: July 12, 2010 3:00 PM
    Cryo%24tinG267
  • alivealie

No other series comes close to Silent Hill in terms of creating a visceral sense of horror. As a devoted fan, this trailer makes me very excited. I do hope Vatra can bring something new to the gameplay (refining combat is fine, but let's see a mechanic that actually makes the game SCARIER, such as the batteries running out in your flashlight, or having your character shackled and cuffed for half the game thus making him handicapped and helpless).

I also strongly disliked some of the choices made by Double Helix in 'Homecoming', namely in borrowing from Mr. Gans film's creature design (esp. nurses, Pyramid Head, and his giant insect entourage), as well as limiting the descent into the Otherworld to cut-scenes with melting wallpaper (barring one excellent exception). Nevertheless, I cannot wait to lose my mind once again when this finally comes out!

Posted: July 12, 2010 11:37 AM
    alivealie
  • Cryo$tinG267

Hmmm... I love the Silent Hill series. The stories, graphics, music, monsters, characters. Makes you want to drop in the series yourself as your own character. As long as this title doesn't screw up like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, then we got ourselves a badass game.

Posted: July 10, 2010 4:26 PM
    Cryo%24tinG267
  • Cryo$tinG267

Posted: July 10, 2010 4:16 PM
    Cryo%24tinG267
  • sethterp

Sweet!!!!

Posted: July 6, 2010 8:03 AM
  • HE1RO

This is cool.

Wonder when a next gen Parasite Eve will come out?

Posted: June 26, 2010 6:56 AM
    HE1RO
  • Hero005

HELLS TO THE YEAH!!!1!!

Posted: June 24, 2010 10:10 AM
    Hero005
  • SilentFan311

I am TOTALLY excited for this. It definitely seems like it will be a different type of experience. The music, for one, is a big change. It sounds kind of like The X-Files, and actually the whole trailer had an X-Filesy vibe to it... which is pretty cool. I also like that your character appears to be some sort of criminal, and I can't wait to find out what his story is :)

Posted: June 24, 2010 1:51 AM
  • jimbob1120

Look's good

Posted: June 24, 2010 12:10 AM
  • jimbob1120

Look's good

Posted: June 24, 2010 12:01 AM
  • CareyGrant

Wow... If they can capture the same pants-wetting atmosphere of Silent Hill 2 they'll have a hit on their hands. This trailer looks encouraging.

So many years later and SH2 is still King.

Posted: June 23, 2010 10:22 PM
    CareyGrant
  • endersfire

Did anyone else notice in the credits at the end it says a Team Silence production? I know Team Silent disbanded, but could Konami have formed a new studio for the new Silent Hill games?

Posted: June 23, 2010 8:06 PM
    endersfire
  • GuiltySpartan11

this looks epic

Posted: June 23, 2010 5:12 PM
    GuiltySpartan11
  • deadpai

Kick ass!!!! Super exciting!
    Saddened to see someone other than Akira Yamaoka as the music composer though.

Posted: June 23, 2010 3:05 PM
    deadpai
  • crocodilius

i asked this before but...is that Sazh from FF13 on the tv?..

Posted: June 23, 2010 2:41 PM
    crocodilius
  • DreamingDarklyRobin

Wait......when did Silent Hill 6 and 7 come out?

Posted: June 23, 2010 2:36 PM
    DreamingDarklyRobin
  • crocodilius

im still stuck on the doll boss of Homecoming, with no heals or ammo ;(

Posted: June 23, 2010 2:35 PM
    crocodilius
  • PeterParker23

AWESOME! I can't wait for this one! I hope it's as good as Silent Hill: The Room!!..Homecoming was good..I played it 3 times..but to me "The Room" was the SCARIEST Silent Hill EVER!..But 2011..That's a LONG WAIT. :(

Posted: June 23, 2010 1:45 PM