E3 2010: Crysis 2 Interview

Posted: June 18, 2010
E3 2010: Crysis 2 Interview
Cevit Yerli, CEO/President of Crytek, talks about what to expect in Crysis 2 with its new cast, story and setting that will allow both fans and newcomers enjoy the game.

• Fragems

This is one of those moments when pc gamers get the boot for console gamers again. I dont see any other reason for putting it on the console other then cash. And they have probably butchered the story just so the new players can understand half of whats going on. I mean the ending of the original made it seem like you were just going to be instantly returning to the same fire fight you just left not skipping ahead three years to a new battle on the other side of the world. I mean seriously this is probably going to be as bad as the last sequel i played from crytek Far Cry 2. They cant seem to figure out what a 2 after the title is supposed to mean.

Posted: July 10, 2010 9:16 AM
    Fragems
  • RPG-fan

I agree with you EthanWoods regarding the sequel not continuing from the 1st Crysis. Today's gaming industry cater to console fanboys, seeing as that's where the money is. Hell, X-Play mostly talk about console gaming in the show and in Feedback. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted: June 25, 2010 6:39 PM
    RPG-fan
  • EthanWoods

I'm annoyed that this is going to be set 3 years later, given the cliffhanger ending of the first game.

I'm more than happy for console players to be able to play this, but if they couldn't play the first then that's there problem, not mine. I mean they had 2 games based on the events of the first, now they're just ret-conning parts of it?

Aside from that, the game looks fantastic. The first is highly underrated; if anything the graphics did it a rather large disservice, as everyone just looks upon it as a "tech demo".

Posted: June 25, 2010 8:30 AM
    EthanWoods
  • matt10897

TIHS<- NO BANANAS! dang

Posted: June 25, 2010 12:02 AM
    matt10897
  • roscobot

Yeah, damn them for not having your opinion.

/rolleyes

Posted: June 24, 2010 8:05 PM
    roscobot
  • darkvoid

I feel that crysis is neglected on G4. You gave it a 3/5, Which I didn't even find half of the errors you guys did. And this is a pretty late interview. I was disappointed that crysis 2 was one of the last interviews you did at E3. It deserves so much more. It wasn't even nominated in your Best of E3 when I thought it looked the best.

Posted: June 24, 2010 7:36 PM
    darkvoid
  • unfungames

E3's been done a week....good to see you guys are slowly releasing everything to keep generating hits to your website. and here I was thinking that it was the media's responsiblity to get us these things quickly. Shows how much I know. I now know its all about getting more hits.

Posted: June 24, 2010 7:05 PM